Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jarg and Sorno [KP Nightmare Mode]

Satedbuffalo
08.09.2012 , 12:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
On a side note a couple weeks ago when we went in there the healers were asking in vent(we had cleared this many times at this point) why the F*ck is there so much dmg going out i also at the same time couldnt figure out for the life of me why i couldnt guard someone then about 20 seconds after "plan B" i looked over and saw i was in DPS stance i just started laughing and they knew exactly what had happened.... i was cussed out for a good 3 hours from the healers lol
Heh, this mostly only happens on our drunken operations nights. Those also involve a lot of facepulls and falling into pits. Good times.

geaghan
08.09.2012 , 10:11 PM | #12
Ok this sounds very similar to the strategy we use.

Healers, I used to have my scoundrel on the Sorno tank and had to cross heal the Jarg tank. Against Sorno I found I could almost diagnostic scan my way through with the occasional AoE heal saving my big heals for Jarg's tank. The sorc can then place revivification on himself and the ranged guys to use consumption more often. Finally identify which of the 2 debuffs Jarg applies is the cleansable DOT and don't waste cooldowns on cleanses on the extra damage from fire debuff. The DOT is the explosion looking picture and the increased damage is a flame picture.

You said once you got Jarg down and then Sorno managed to wipe your entire group, how is that possible? Sorno's, if interrupted properly, damage output is not that big and can be easily healed through.

Finally the overall strat we use is to dps them both down evenly to ~40% when Jarg switches to his railshot 1 melee switches over and burns him down before everyone focuses down Sorno, interrupting every single cast he has.

Hope this helps a little, good luck.

Vugluskr
08.10.2012 , 12:31 AM | #13
NM Jarg&Sorno may be very intensive fight for healers. Our strategy is quite simple: hit Sorno until 10% (15% may be safer for new tanks) and switch to Jarg. Tank on Sorno interrupts Full Auto. The key to minimize incoming damage is to move away from fire AoE.

Lightning_
08.10.2012 , 01:15 AM | #14
It's very important for all DPS to not take any avoidable damage. This includes stanging in AoE heal, contsantly being far away from Jarg, avoiding AoE, minimizing damage from the group pull into the center (and Gunslingers can completely avoid being pulled), using defensive CDs when you get aggro because tank is carbonized, etc. And of course, be fast as lightning on carbonizer probes.

As for the boss targeting, if you have 2 rDPS and 2 melee, and they all are on par with each other, then splitting into 2 groups and targeting each boss separately is fine.

Satedbuffalo
08.11.2012 , 09:26 PM | #15
Thanks to all for the advice. Our guild cleared KP nightmare based on much of the above. Unyielding titles all around.

Aricori
08.11.2012 , 10:32 PM | #16
Seriously, congrats to you guys. No small feat.