Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
08.10.2012 , 09:53 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Dear pve encounter development team,
Please hire me for a position in operation design as I have many neat ideas on content to keep this game moving along. Send private message or email (you have my email addy somewhere) to discuss further. I love this game and will work cheap!!!! I want this game to grow not stagnate.

My experience is 6 years of playing wow with a variety of guilds at varying skill levels.I am enthusastic,motivated and dedicated.

I currently have a dozen ideas for encounters that are very very starwarsy floating around in my head and could easily produce more fully fleshed encounters.

Cheers heaps and can't wait for your response.
Kara.

Some how I don't see a response in the near future.
I can't tell what your point of posting this was, but if you're trying to equate the ridiculousness of asking the company to hire you through the forums to asking the community team to communicate, as they said they will, about a part of the game that they have commented on before in the past, then I don't even know what to say to you.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Alduinsm's Avatar


Alduinsm
08.10.2012 , 11:30 PM | #32
Some info from the Community Team would be nice
Shin

TalkingDinosaur's Avatar


TalkingDinosaur
08.10.2012 , 11:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
Let's try this again guys. Let's put this new "Community Team Communication" to the test. We all know that NiM Denova is supposedly "in the works", that you want to get it to us in the "near future", and we should it expect it "very soon".

I challenge the community team to say something on this subject, talk to us about the ETA of NiM Denova WITHOUT using one of the orange phrases. Tell us something NEW. We're tired of being fed the same bullcrap BW, at least change up the menu from time to time, we're still hungry for something real.

Comment here if you agree, show the team just how much you want them to communicate on this.
If they gave you a ETA like they did Ranked WZ's and then they have to pull it out because of a sudden problem then the community throws a fit.

You should expect it sometime before 1.4 or when 1.4 releases.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Vespassian's Avatar


Vespassian
08.10.2012 , 11:43 PM | #34
Community Team: Challenge Accepted
https://anerdslife.files.wordpress.c...geaccepted.jpg

3 Days Before Fix: LOL SORYZ RAN INTO PROBZZ TYYL

Bump, make it happen Team Jawa Fixers
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

eventidephoenix's Avatar


eventidephoenix
08.11.2012 , 04:24 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
If they gave you a ETA like they did Ranked WZ's and then they have to pull it out because of a sudden problem then the community throws a fit.

You should expect it sometime before 1.4 or when 1.4 releases.
Not really... The ETA was really comforting... Although people would be disappointed when it was being forced to be yanked out, if they gave another ETA and a reasonable explanation (which they didnt) people wouldn't throw too much of a fit.

People were angry because nothing was being communicated.

iimagiicii's Avatar


iimagiicii
08.11.2012 , 06:23 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
Not really... The ETA was really comforting... Although people would be disappointed when it was being forced to be yanked out, if they gave another ETA and a reasonable explanation (which they didnt) people wouldn't throw too much of a fit.

People were angry because nothing was being communicated.
What do you mean they didn't give a reasonable explanation? They said it was not ready for live and buggy and was best to keep working on it. People would do the same thing they did with ranked if it got yanked last minute and quit, no matter the explanation.
Back and worse than ever
Cry'sta / Superbeast / Orihime'inoue / Tsu'nade / Ma'dara / Orochi'maru
Jir'aiya / Gregobi

Cr'ysta / Pub'Crysta / Crysta'pub / Gaar'a / O'bito

Erotophobia Legacy

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
08.11.2012 , 08:49 AM | #37
Yeah I gotta side with the other guy on this. When Ranked was on PTS for the first time, most of the testers said its too buggy and that the system wasn't great. Based on that feedback they pulled it and reworked it all.

Part of the issue was not.enough testing since not enough PvP players were on there, it was majority pve guilds with some PvP members, and the odd couple of PvP guilds.

The people, despite having given this explanation wernt happy because they disagreed with the feedback. And they felt cheated cause it was a last minute change.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
08.11.2012 , 02:17 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
Yeah I gotta side with the other guy on this. When Ranked was on PTS for the first time, most of the testers said its too buggy and that the system wasn't great. Based on that feedback they pulled it and reworked it all.

Part of the issue was not.enough testing since not enough PvP players were on there, it was majority pve guilds with some PvP members, and the odd couple of PvP guilds.

The people, despite having given this explanation wernt happy because they disagreed with the feedback. And they felt cheated cause it was a last minute change.
I don't want the exact ETA. I want something a little more concrete than "soon". Because they've said "soon" since PAX East, which was BEFORE 1.2 even came out.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

The-Vortex's Avatar


The-Vortex
08.11.2012 , 08:08 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
We all know this is the state of the game, and you raise valid concerns, but this isn't a "trash HM Denova" thread. If you want to talk about that, I'm pretty sure there are a few other active threads talking about it. The point of this thread is to try to consolidate people's desire to see a release date or some sort of talk about NiM Denova. You can complain about the state of the content, sure, but at the launch of 1.2, the content was fine. HM Denova is a great level of difficulty, slightly harder than Normal mode on WoW, and really does require good execution as a whole, especially in 16 man. If NiM is the "Nightmare" it is supposed to be, it would be comparable with the Heroic raids of WoW. 4 bosses isn't a lot, yes, but we don't know and can't expect every raid ever in the future to be only 4 bosses. 1.4 might not be until September/October, but I personally am happy to work through NiM progression on a more challenging and less forgiving version of Denova while I wait for 1.4, if they would just give it to us. The development team isn't "massively reduced" and if you did some research you would understand that. This will be the only post I make regarding the state of HM Denova or the game, as I really don't want to turn this thread into a hatestorm of complaints about the lack of content, I want it to be about people showing their opinions on NiM Denova and its release date.
I didn't mean for my post to come across as "lets bash HM denova" and after re-reading it I can see your point and for that I apologise (I usually end up going way overboard with posts like these). I'm just frustrated that we haven't heard anything of substance about a feature / piece of content that was supposed to be out "soon" after 1.2 and its getting to the point now that most people that care about it have cleared HM and have effectively ran out of stuff to do for a good two - three months.

I want a reason to log in again as I still like the game but seeing my guild of 3, almost 4 years, come over here expecting faster content production due to it being a new game and the sheer size of the dev team, only to be faced with the same situation as we had with Icecrown, no content and people quitting due to boredom, a situation that almost killed us the first time. Only now we don't have an expansion a month or so away to help us rebuild.

But on topic; I really hope they can at least get some solid info out there soon to at least let people know that the concept hasn't been scrapped and is still coming before its too late.
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

Alduinsm's Avatar


Alduinsm
08.11.2012 , 09:35 PM | #40
Guess we have to wait till Tuesday then
Shin