Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Etiquette

Khevar
08.09.2012 , 11:57 AM | #11
I voted for only "Needing" on current spec upgrades.

As far as HM FP and the spacebar / bonus bosses, I voted "other". I think the best thing to do is ask at the start of a pug HM, if this is a new FP for anyone? If so, let them watch the cutscenes. I also ask, "Doing the bonus boss?"

Perhaps I'm more laid back than most and I still enjoy doing the flashpoints, so I will watch cutscenes / do bonuses OR spacebar / skip depending on what the others in the group want to do. I'm fine either way. Often times this approach gets people to relax and we can joke a bit or RP in chat and have a good time. What that happens, it's sort of magical and is better than the 5 black hole comm reward anyway

TrentEaston
08.09.2012 , 12:13 PM | #12
Boss-Skipping: If everyone in the grp is ok with it, by all means, skip it. But if at least one person is in there who wants to do the boss, kill it. It doesn't hurt anyone, you get a few extra credits and the one who needs something has a chance on his item. Everyone is happy.
It's not as if anyone would be struck by lightening because they killed all bosses, on the contrary.
I hate it when someone in the group needs a skippeable boss and e.g. heal + dps run past it, and tank + dps stay at the boss.
Discussing and running back and forth at that point takes three times the time it would take just to nuke the boss down and continue.

So again: If at least one person wants to do the boss, do NOT skip it.
Darth Aarev - Immortal Sith Juggernaut || Lord Meng - Sith Sorcerer || Thokaz - Sniper || Portao the Honorable - Mercenary
Thamien, Knight of the Republic - Jedi Sentinel || Master Theolen - Jedi Shadow || Captain Korso-Rev - Gunslinger

ATAMIANM
08.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #13
As a relatively new 50, I was booted from my first hard mode FP because I didn't know to spacebar. The group lead complained, I I started spacebarring, but apparently he wasn't happy enough when I died at one point and voted to kick me, calling me a "general noob".

My opinion is that the lead should say UPFRONT to spacebar. It's not that hard to ask and a new 50 may not even know it can be done (since he watched every cutscene on normal).

Xiij
08.09.2012 , 12:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ATAMIANM View Post
As a relatively new 50, I was booted from my first hard mode FP because I didn't know to spacebar. The group lead complained, I I started spacebarring, but apparently he wasn't happy enough when I died at one point and voted to kick me, calling me a "general noob".

My opinion is that the lead should say UPFRONT to spacebar. It's not that hard to ask and a new 50 may not even know it can be done (since he watched every cutscene on normal).
I'm sorry that that happened to you. That in part is why I started this thread is for new 50's as well as new players (when F2P comes in). Personally, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to be a "noob." At some point, we were all "noobs," that being said, it's not really fair to be kicked when you're trying to learn the instance. As far as the lead saying upfront to space bar, personally, I think HM's should be space barred (unless requested otherwise), but that's what the poll is to decide. Don't get discouraged about it though.

Your situation makes me want to put up a poll for when it's okay to vote kick someone, as well as, if new 50's should inform a group. I don't ever vote kick because I normally do pre-made groups with friends / guild-mates. When I do PUG, it would be nice to know if there is a new 50, to know whether or not to explain the fights. At the same time, I feel like some people would use that as an "excuse" to kick the fresh 50.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

ATAMIANM
08.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #15
Oh no worries. I have found that the general jerks like this guy are far less in number than helpful people. At least I learned something- to spacebar!

Question though, when you spacebar do you have to make a selection for response when that comes up or can you spacebar through that?

Xiij
08.09.2012 , 12:47 PM | #16
Oh no worries. I have found that the general jerks like this guy are far less in number than helpful people. At least I learned something- to spacebar!

Question though, when you spacebar do you have to make a selection for response when that comes up or can you spacebar through that?
While space barring, the cut-scene automatically "waits for other players..." until everyone has reached the option panel phase of the cut-scene. That being said, the only way to "skip" a conversation option is to no select one within the allotted time (the circle in the middle fills from the bottom up with blue, your selection time is over when the whole thing is blue). So I think what you're asking is "Can I accidentally skip a conversation piece while space barring?" and the answer to that is no. Hope that helps!
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

ATAMIANM
08.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #17
So what you are saying I need to do is spacebar until the options come up and quickly select one, then spacebar again...?

Satedbuffalo
08.09.2012 , 12:51 PM | #18
So what you are saying I need to do is spacebar until the options come up and quickly select one, then spacebar again...?
That's the usual plan, yes.
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

Xiij
08.09.2012 , 12:53 PM | #19
Correct! That is the general rule of thumb to space barring.
  1. You space bar to an option.
  2. Everyone selects an option.
  3. If more conversation, Repeat 1 & 2.

ATAMIANM
08.09.2012 , 01:04 PM | #20
Thanks everyone!