Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If they remade Star Wars the original 3 movies ....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
If they remade Star Wars the original 3 movies ....

Merihim
08.10.2012 , 04:37 AM | #11
I think it will happen one day but not when GL is still around i guess.
"You have allowed this Darklord to twist your mind, untill now, untill now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy"
"Don't lecture me, Obi-wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Darkside as you do"

cool-dude
08.10.2012 , 05:59 AM | #12
Nobody can play Han Solo or Obi-wan like the originals did.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

grandmthethird
08.10.2012 , 07:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Merihim View Post
I think it will happen one day but not when GL is still around i guess.
i go by the saying "never say never", but it will never happen.

maybe when GL isn't in charge, for star wars 50th birthday or something, we might get releases of the original trilogy the way its sposed to be, with han shooting first/only shot. and vaders force ghost being vader and not emo kid wonder. but i can't ever see LA being stupid enough to try and remake them, not after the backlash they had just for changing them a bit
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

jarjarloves
08.10.2012 , 07:49 AM | #14
like I said it already did happen. it was called Eragon and no that is not a joke.

Wolfninjajedi
08.10.2012 , 10:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
But given the recent propensity of the studios to remake movies, it would not be beyond the realm of possibility that someone at 20th Century has already approached Lucasfilm about a remake .
No...thats it, no, no, no, no, NO! You don't just remake a series of movies, that had an impact on the world. Now could it change?......A very silm, no a sliver of a chance it could but really doubt they would be. Disney movies haven't been changed(the very old ones, Bambi, Snow white(not talking about the live action...), Pinocchio etc) and why? Because you wouldn't be able to come anywhere close to what the originals had done, and people wouldn't like them nearly as much as they did the originals.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

kaalebpacus
08.11.2012 , 10:24 PM | #16
Lucas has already remade the OT and cluttered it up I would be all for a remake of what i saw earlier today
which was an untouched version of the 1977 movie i love, no cgi crap no enhanced extras and Han shot first,
even at the beginning of the crawl there was no "A New Hope" or Episode IV just plainly read Star Wars.
It was the most enjoyable 2 hours I have had in while watching a movie. So what I mean by a remake is bring back the OT the way they used to be without all the clutter.

Vespassian
08.11.2012 , 10:31 PM | #17
No. Just no. Re-watch the old movies, and your problem is solved. Want more star wars? Plenty of Star Wars books. Two stones hit with one bird.
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

RobNightfall
08.11.2012 , 11:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
what i'm I thinking Dude they already did a remake of A New Hope in 2006

It was called Eragon. It was litteraly a beat for beat remake of A new hope. The only thing they really changed was the setting. They made in a straight fantasy world instead of a sci fantasy world. But other then that EVERYTHING is the same.
LOL that's how the book reads too. I kept hearing Obi Wan talking to the kid protagonist whenever he was receiving lessons from the old guy. Even the magic the riders have access to is described as something created by life that binds the universe together.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

AhsokaTanorules
08.12.2012 , 01:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nippon View Post
Obi Wan = Ewan Mcgregor
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllll.

Wolfninjajedi
08.12.2012 , 03:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by kaalebpacus View Post
Lucas has already remade the OT and cluttered it up I would be all for a remake of what i saw earlier today
which was an untouched version of the 1977 movie i love, no cgi crap no enhanced extras and Han shot first,
even at the beginning of the crawl there was no "A New Hope" or Episode IV just plainly read Star Wars.
It was the most enjoyable 2 hours I have had in while watching a movie. So what I mean by a remake is bring back the OT the way they used to be without all the clutter.
Lucas didn't remake the OT, its still the same story, the same scenes(with a few little differences and some added ones), the same characters, the same fights, the same battles. The OT wasn't remade, it was edited big difference. Remaking is where you completely overhaul what was done before, have new cast, throw in some completely different scenes, new fights, etc.

OT wasn't remade.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.