Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If they remade Star Wars the original 3 movies ....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
If they remade Star Wars the original 3 movies ....

Nippon
08.09.2012 , 08:10 AM | #1
Who would you have play the Main characters.......

Han Solo = Robert downey Junior
Luke Skywalker = Chris Pine
Princess Leia = Jessica Biel
Obi Wan = Ewan Mcgregor
Lando Calrisian = Don Cheadle

Personally I would like to see it happen, Im a die hard Star Wars fan and the originals will always hold a place in my heart, but Star Wars is timeless and i think would be amazing with todays technology and the right actors...

Star Trek was awesome, some said it could not be done, but what a job they did...
Batman
Spiderman
Total Recall

At the end of the day, certain films have been done and the originality is drying, reasons to make new and different films becomes impossible.

I think there is room for a Star Wars remake considering its 35 years old now.
Feel free to use my referal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/thgh8R

SWTOR has lost its identity:

grandmthethird
08.09.2012 , 08:42 AM | #2
oh god please no

you do know the outrage about the digital enhancements. LA would be fire bombed if they did this
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Wolfninjajedi
08.09.2012 , 09:47 AM | #3
I'd rather not....some movies like Star Wars just can't be remade at all.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
08.09.2012 , 09:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
oh god please no

you do know the outrage about the digital enhancements. LA would be fire bombed if they did this
^What he said. And don't even get me started on the "remakes" Lucas has already done to the OT.... /facepalm
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Aximand
08.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #5
Not unless you got some clones of the original cast lying around.

^Is my canned response to anyone that dare's suggest this blasphemy^
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

jarjarloves
08.09.2012 , 01:35 PM | #6
like others said there is no reason to ever remake the OT.

The OT is about the Story. The Story is iconic and so are the characters the thing is if you remade it what would you change? and why what would be the point?

The movies you named are not about the story but more about the characters and the in the case of Total Recal the special effects. But also notice they didn't a shot for shot remake they changed the story drastically.

The only other series I could think of that I would never want a remake of would be Lord of the Rings. That is another movie where they got the story right, the special effects still look good and the actors are great. There is nothing you could do to improve it.

Now instead of doing a remake what they should do is just new movies in a different time period.

Bruhtal
08.09.2012 , 03:24 PM | #7
Some things are best left unchanged. Anyone other than a cocaine addicted kerri fisher sporting the slave girl outfit would, well..... ruin it. That cast had chemistry. I cant see anyone other than Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. Han had that swagger, that smooth talking smuggler angle, i dont think anyone else could pull that off. I wouldnt suggest changing a thing, maybe as technology improves they can re d0 more of the crude sound fx in the film, but honestly i wouldnt change that either. A wrench hitting a retention line off a phone poll was and always will be BLASTER FIRE!

alricka
08.09.2012 , 03:29 PM | #8
The new Batman trilogy and the recent Spider-man film weren't remakes, they were reboots. There is a big difference. Star Wars is way too iconic for a remake.

psandak
08.09.2012 , 03:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I'd rather not....some movies like Star Wars just can't be remade at all.
But given the recent propensity of the studios to remake movies, it would not be beyond the realm of possibility that someone at 20th Century has already approached Lucasfilm about a remake .

jarjarloves
08.09.2012 , 05:16 PM | #10
what i'm I thinking Dude they already did a remake of A New Hope in 2006

It was called Eragon. It was litteraly a beat for beat remake of A new hope. The only thing they really changed was the setting. They made in a straight fantasy world instead of a sci fantasy world. But other then that EVERYTHING is the same.