Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question re Accuracy ("Basic" vs "Special Attacks")

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Question re Accuracy ("Basic" vs "Special Attacks")

TheEdgeOfMadness
08.09.2012 , 06:52 AM | #1
When you hover over the accuracy stat in the character window, it breaks it into "Basic Attacks" and "Special Attacks".

Do "Basic Attacks" refer only to the following basic attacks:*
- Flurry of Bolts/Rifle Shot (Smugglers/Agents)
- Hammer Shot/Rapid Shots (Troopers/Bounty Hunters)
- Strike, Zealous Strike, Sundering Strike/Assault, Battering Assault, Sundering Assault (Knights/Warriors)
- Saber Strike (Consulars and Inquisitors)
Or do "Basic Attacks" also include all melee and ranged attacks, ie those attacks that hit with white damage.

Do "Special Attacks" refer to all attacks except those listed above, or only to tech and force attacks, ie those attacks that hit with yellow damage.

Thanks in advance

Altheran
08.10.2012 , 10:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfMadness View Post
- Strike/Assault (Knights/Warriors)
I changed just a line (underlined one) to make it match what i think it is. The remaining line seems right to me.

Salionus
08.11.2012 , 08:32 AM | #3
Yea it's just assault for warriors, even battering assault is special.

bbare
08.11.2012 , 10:08 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfMadness View Post
When you hover over the accuracy stat in the character window, it breaks it into "Basic Attacks" and "Special Attacks".

Do "Basic Attacks" refer only to the following basic attacks:*
- Strike, Zealous Strike, Sundering Strike/Assault, Battering Assault, Sundering Assault (Knights/Warriors)
Or do "Basic Attacks" also include all melee and ranged attacks, ie those attacks that hit with white damage.

Do "Special Attacks" refer to all attacks except those listed above, or only to tech and force attacks, ie those attacks that hit with yellow damage.

Thanks in advance
Melee and Ranged attacks are affected by accuracy. You need 100% ranged and melee accuracy to ensure a hit every time on a ranged or melee mainhand attack in pve. Test on the operations dummy without any accuracy. You will miss your melee attacks or ranged attacks about 10% of the time. You will miss your offhand attacks even more as these have much less accuracy.

bbare
08.11.2012 , 10:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Salionus View Post
Yea it's just assault for warriors, even battering assault is special.
No, for warriors, every melee attack will be affected by accuracy. I'm sure battering assault is not a force attack.

Altheran
08.11.2012 , 11:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
No, for warriors, every melee attack will be affected by accuracy. I'm sure battering assault is not a force attack.
He didn't say that it doesn't benefit from accuracy nor that Battering Assault is a Force attack. He said that it is considered as a special attack (but still melee).
The difference is that basic attacks have 90% base hit chances, while special attacks have 100% base hit chances. Even with 100% hit chance, it doesn't mean that it doesn't need accuracy, because the extra hit chances overcome the target's defense chances.