Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

At what planet can I expect Open World PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
At what planet can I expect Open World PvP?

CheechMacho
12.19.2011 , 08:01 AM | #1
I've made it up to Tat now but I have yet to run into any opposing faction on my PvP server... Can any share where and when the action begins?

thanks.
<Public Enemies>

Testdept
12.19.2011 , 08:19 AM | #2
Ask BW close warzones on pvp servers.
All "PvPers" grind like mad warzones coz it is chep and easy.

Darth_Eclipses
12.19.2011 , 08:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Testdept View Post
Ask BW close warzones on pvp servers.
All "PvPers" grind like mad warzones coz it is chep and easy.
This.

BW is funneling any and everyone into WZs even on PvP servers as there are no incentives to pvp in Open World.

Check my thread here and please add your support: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50161

Queued, instanced, tired WZ's should NOT be the primary form of PvP on PvP servers, and OWPVP needs to be rewarded, to make it worthwhile other than for lulz.

Kriegen
12.19.2011 , 08:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eclipses View Post
This.

BW is funneling any and everyone into WZs even on PvP servers as there are no incentives to pvp in Open World.

Check my thread here and please add your support: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50161

Queued, instanced, tired WZ's should NOT be the primary form of PvP on PvP servers, and OWPVP needs to be rewarded, to make it worthwhile other than for lulz.
Agreed.

I did manage to find a tiny touch of PvP on Tatooine, I was killed once, played stealth tag once and got one kill so three times had a chance at OPvP, all in the space of about 8 hours on the planet and I did spend at least 2 of those actively looking for Republic players to kill.
Only through conflict do we realize our true potential. Peace only leads to decay.
Revenants Of Korriban
PVP/US East/18+/Moderate

Drlzzt
12.19.2011 , 08:44 AM | #5
Have run into 3 solo imps on Tatooine and only played on the world for about 20 minutes, will see alot more roaming around at the higher level worlds, where people aren't so afraid of getting ganked.

CheechMacho
12.19.2011 , 08:44 AM | #6
Wow, pretty lame.

So what is the difference again between PvE and PvP servers if there is no open world PvP action?
<Public Enemies>

Kryptorchid
12.19.2011 , 08:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CheechMacho View Post
Wow, pretty lame.

So what is the difference again between PvE and PvP servers if there is no open world PvP action?
"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

No one has an answer.

psychosiszz
12.19.2011 , 08:52 AM | #8
Im on Alderaan atm. Seen plenty of world pvp so far. Think i was running across a Sith every 2-5 minutes and my Vanguard just went on a "Havoc" killing spree.
Shame there isnt world pvp incentives, hope they do add incentives and not just for the "open world pvp planets (Ilum)"

and Ilum is a bit of a joke atm... guess they didnt have a enough time to finish it or its just badly designed.

Also I hate the fact that there are certain areas on the map you cannot go (sith areas) because of invisible walls... they really need to get rid of that...im mean thats what a PVE server is for.
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. Voltaire

Emperor in action: The Emperor

Torothin
12.19.2011 , 08:52 AM | #9
No incentive? a 1 on 1 is incentive enough for me to open world PvP... That's cuz I'm a pvper and not just pvping so I can be offered something...

psychosiszz
12.19.2011 , 08:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Torothin View Post
No incentive? a 1 on 1 is incentive enough for me to open world PvP... That's cuz I'm a pvper and not just pvping so I can be offered something...
TBH that incentive is enough for me too. Just a large portion of people dont see it that way and want items or gear from it.

I say give it to them, as i want world pvp to be strong.
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. Voltaire

Emperor in action: The Emperor