Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trollokdamus
08.25.2012 , 01:46 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
For anyone who has never run EV, KP, EC, it doesn't matter how long ago it was released, it's still new content to them.

For anyone who has run EV/KP HM a bunch of times and is tired of it, they most likely have Rakata anyway.
Agree on that. But this game is a MMO, it's supposed to move forward. Old content retires at some point, being replaced by the new one. Technically it's still there, so if new players are willing to experience it, nothing stops them.

My point is, at this step, gear provided by outdated content is no longer that important, so an alternate source of it wouldn't hurt anyone. People who still enjoy old OP's can run them and gear up for greater challenges like it happens today, while those who are sick of them can use an alternate source so they don't have to run same old stuff again.

If a new player decides to go straight through the alternate source... well, it's his choice, this means he wasn't interested in old content in the first place. And there is nothing wrong with that.

FireFoxed
11.09.2012 , 03:15 PM | #82
I really hope this issue gets looked at again. The only piece of gear in LI HM that isn't easily obtainable elsewhere is the Rakata Chest. Even if this FP is tuned for Tionese, progression wise it's impossible to argue it's not more efficient for a fresh 50 starting out to do Directive 7 and Foundry HMs and get the respective Columi tokens (plus other loot) there than attempting this. I do this every week and I've never had anyone need the tokens from the first two bosses or even ask to attempt the bonus boss.

And things have changed since 1.2. First the 1.3 changes that reflect the more accessible FP philosophy and upped the rewards for running the tier 1 FPs but didn't similarly improve the quality of LI HM loot, and second most people now are working on Black Hole gear progression wise, so Rakata would actually be a temporary fill in gearwise but not the end all be all. And now with the recent massive buffs to getting BH comms from the Tier 2 ops, there's VERY little incentive for well geared players to run LI HM. At this point I've seen better geared people doing the tier 1 FPs (which are faster and guaranteed to be far less painless) than LI HM.

Upping the quality of the loot from the bosses (besides Lorrick) would really improve the incentives to run this. For people working on Black Hole gear anyway, Rakata grade isn't really the best available gear anyway, but would be an incentive to chose LI over the tier 1s once they filled up on Columi for some temporary upgrades. Especially with the droid being such a good gatekeeper for the rest of the FP.

Aurojiin
11.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by FireFoxed View Post
At this point I've seen better geared people doing the tier 1 FPs (which are faster and guaranteed to be far less painless) than LI HM.
Eh, what? Given a choice, I'll always do LI HM for my daily. it's basically the second fastest flashpoint after Taral V, so it's much better than queueing for a Tier 1 and possibly getting Esseles or FE or something else horribly long.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Eh, what? Given a choice, I'll always do LI HM for my daily. it's basically the second fastest flashpoint after Taral V, so it's much better than queueing for a Tier 1 and possibly getting Esseles or FE or something else horribly long.
It's much more difficult than other HM FP.

Khevar
11.09.2012 , 04:10 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's much more difficult than other HM FP.
It only requires an understanding of strategy, placement, and awareness of what is happening.

A friend of mine joined a new guild and started running people through LI. She did 5 runs each day for most of a week and brought everyone through it.

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 04:39 PM | #86
It only requires an understanding of strategy, placement, and awareness of what is happening.

A friend of mine joined a new guild and started running people through LI. She did 5 runs each day for most of a week and brought everyone through it.
I tried at least 10 GF groups and only 1 made it to the 2nd boss, and I think it's a bit pointless to run it since I can get blackhole gear, NM KP is easier than it as well.

Khevar
11.09.2012 , 05:25 PM | #87
I tried at least 10 GF groups and only 1 made it to the 2nd boss, and I think it's a bit pointless to run it since I can get blackhole gear, NM KP is easier than it as well.
Wow.

Well, to each his own. I happen to like running it because it is challenging and fun. Plus why say no to the Rakghoul Weekly?

I also have to say that I've known many groups who can run NM KP, and ALL of them were able to run HM LI. The idea that a group could do NM KP but fail at HM LI? That's just weird to me.

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 06:16 PM | #88
Wow.

Well, to each his own. I happen to like running it because it is challenging and fun. Plus why say no to the Rakghoul Weekly?

I also have to say that I've known many groups who can run NM KP, and ALL of them were able to run HM LI. The idea that a group could do NM KP but fail at HM LI? That's just weird to me.
Well I thought about this as well, but after I failed in so many groups and paid at least 70k repair bill before killed just the droid boss, I found it's pointless. I think they should nerf the first and 2nd boss since in a MMO, it's pointless to fight a boss that require your gear to be at least as good as his drop and tons of movement.

Kanjir
11.09.2012 , 06:41 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
Since Rakata is almost pointless with BH -> Columi/Tionese mods swap and about 50 BH comms a week...

I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters. I've done it with my heal merc (almost full WH with highest primary stat BM implants + half augmented pieces + reflex stim), and with more than decent stats I had a really hard time keeping a 24k hp PT tank, a 24k hp sniper and a 18k hp sorc alive, so all of us had better than required gear if a Columi/Rakata combo isn't.

In fact, all of the PvE encounters drop lesser quality items than what they should and it's been partially upgraded already, with some high level story mode FPs looting Tionese, as they should have from start instead of crappy ilvl 50-51 blue modded orange shells.
I just stopped reading and laughed when you said you had a 24k hp sniper. Maybe if you had properly itemised players you may have found it easier. Anything over 21k for a fully geared toon is poorly itemised.

Well I thought about this as well, but after I failed in so many groups and paid at least 70k repair bill before killed just the droid boss, I found it's pointless. I think they should nerf the first and 2nd boss since in a MMO, it's pointless to fight a boss that require your gear to be at least as good as his drop and tons of movement.
Sorry, that is one of the funniest things I've read today. If you can't get past the first boss after it's already been nerfed pretty bad then it says a lot about the players in the group. How about you get better instead of them nerfing everything into the ground. Also, if you can't manage to move out of a mechanic... wow, you do realise you have movement keys right?

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 07:08 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanjir View Post
Sorry, that is one of the funniest things I've read today. If you can't get past the first boss after it's already been nerfed pretty bad then it says a lot about the players in the group. How about you get better instead of them nerfing everything into the ground. Also, if you can't manage to move out of a mechanic... wow, you do realise you have movement keys right?
Yes but it's still a lot harder than other FP's bosses and its drop is the same with HM Revan, who is 10 times easier.

As a player I have a better choice, don't do it since I can get better gear through other FP/OPS.