Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Metalmac
08.14.2012 , 08:55 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Gawlron View Post
I must be doing something wrong... I've got BH and mostly Rakata/Columi gear and have never successfully made it past the first boss encounter... I read someone posting who was a Scoundrel who said they had trouble keeping his/her mates alive. The Scoundrel and his/her mates all had high level gear.
We one shot it with a Vangard tank or a Shadow tank. Do not have a Guardian tank.

I will say that with all Melee that Lost Island is insanely hard to do versus all ranged it makes it a cake walk.

I heal it on my Sawbones and DPS it on my Sage.

NoxiousAlby
08.15.2012 , 01:25 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I feel the devs did a good job balancing LI and it drops appropriate loot. I just leveled an alt to 50 on my server as sniper lethality dps and the second I dinged I did a HM LI run. I was able to do it easily while wearing green questing loot with some blues. I also got lucky and every boss dropped sniper loot. The hm fps and operations are relatively easy its all about executing and doing your job right. As long as you continue your rotation and you don't stand in stuff you should be fine. The loot is plenty good for the difficultly.
You fail to mention you were carried, had all 4 players in your group been equally as poorly geared as you claim you were then it would have failed spectacularly. Had I encountered you in my pug group you would have been kicked for being a free loader.

Vankris
08.15.2012 , 03:33 AM | #63
i really like the answer of dev.

It does not surprise me, that good player can clear HM LI in tionese. People, including me, often don't know or have the skill to fully exploit the possibility of they avatar. Maybe they are doing 70-80% of the full dps they are capable.

A group of good player, that knows how to maximise their healing and dps, can do well in HM LI in tionese. And for the great risks they take, they receive awesome reward (columi is a strong upgrade when you wear tionese)

In columi, the risk is strongly reduce, you get much more flexibility and margin for personal mistake, but the reward is lessened.

in rakata/BH gear, the flashpoint is essentially trivial, but there is no reward beside the 8 comm weekly. The HM LI iq awesome, i hope the dev continue on that path and don't make the mistake other MMO did, making smalll group content and AOE snoozefest.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

AshlaBoga
08.15.2012 , 04:32 AM | #64
The loot is good, all I wish is that the pets had a higher drop rate.

Leave the gear the same but increase the drop rate on pets. I've done it 14 times - NOT. ONE. PET. DROPPED.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Slugamaniac
08.15.2012 , 11:41 AM | #65
The only notable issue I've seen with this FP is during phase II and III of the Loken fight. Even with some decently geared/knowledgeable players the healers tend to run out of force or ammo. I've usually had to throw out some extra heals on my commando in order to keep everyone alive. I almost never pug this since the group finder tends to put me together with 16k hp tanks and 14k hp dpsers.

Despite the difficulty of the instance it's great fun to run it, as long as the players know what they are doing and are not terribly under geared for it.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

ICSWOR
08.15.2012 , 12:41 PM | #66
The challenge has been made.

Now we just need for some brave souls to gear up in Tionese and see if they can do LI HM, will be really impressive if they take 2 melee as dps as well.

Chaqen
08.15.2012 , 03:04 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Slugamaniac View Post
The only notable issue I've seen with this FP is during phase II and III of the Loken fight. Even with some decently geared/knowledgeable players the healers tend to run out of force or ammo. I've usually had to throw out some extra heals on my commando in order to keep everyone alive. I almost never pug this since the group finder tends to put me together with 16k hp tanks and 14k hp dpsers.

Despite the difficulty of the instance it's great fun to run it, as long as the players know what they are doing and are not terribly under geared for it.
Phase 2 is actually a energy regen phase for healing, well if the ravage is being interrupted and people avoiding the burning guys. Phase one is more of a cure and spot healing phase, and phase three is aoe healing.

norrect
08.15.2012 , 05:18 PM | #68
I dont know I have all columny and some rakata, and I have beaten this instance only twice, But I have tried it countless of times and failed most of them.

I really think I know how to do the do it, but when queuing for this FP most of the times you get groups of people that are hard to talk to, its hard to explain to them the mechanics if they dont know them cause they all want to start combat fast, and when they actually know how to do it well, even then people tend to commit many mistakes that they dont seem to notice(and its always better not to insist too much on it), like not interrupting in time, not moving the boss around, even very simple things like avoiding the AOE from bosses, and when they fail 2 or 3 times they leave or they just blame everyone else of having bad gear.

So even knowing how to do it and going a bit over geared, well I never acomplised it with an entire group witch had less than columnny/rakata and even then it was not an easy thing.

Khevar
08.15.2012 , 06:00 PM | #69
norrect, I would say that LI pugged is a different beast altogether.

I've finished LI a bunch of times, but only when the other team members are on mumble/vent. I also usually only run it with people I know. I've only ever pugged it 3 times. 2 were epic fails but the 3rd time went okay once we all got on mumble.

Lacedemon
08.18.2012 , 09:06 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by ICSWOR View Post
The challenge has been made.

Now we just need for some brave souls to gear up in Tionese and see if they can do LI HM, will be really impressive if they take 2 melee as dps as well.
Just did it with 4 50's who only recently dinged, Lokin was hard because of the outgoing dmg and my lack of any proper tank gear and lowish hp pool. I had next to nothing in the way of tank gear, I did have some DPS BM gear however. Group was:

Tank Guardian
Healing Scoundrel
DPS Sent
DPS Scoundrel

My def stats where:

18870 HP
51.32% DR
22.49% Defense Chance
20% Shield Chance
25.71 Absorption

http://tinypic.com/r/14vmirp/6

Chatbox shows the msg for the quest hand in