Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theblaznee
12.06.2012 , 05:31 PM | #261
Wauw 26 pages of nonsense..

Tier 1 hardmodes drop stuff people already have - yet people still run them

Tier 2 hardmodes drop stuff people already have - yet people still run them..

Fresh 50's can play a few tier 1 HM's for columi pieces, then go to LI HM and get a significant upgrade with a rakata chest and a columi mainhand..

It's perfect.. I'd even go so far as to say that perhaps LI HM drops loot better than it should..
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

GalaxyStrong
12.06.2012 , 05:33 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
GalaxyStrong, you're overstating the difficulty of HM LI.

Are you on Begeren Colony? If you have mumble or ventrilo, I'd be happy to teach you how to run it cleanly, just send me a PM.
I can run it fine and I have the rakata chest and columi mainhand. It's just pointless after you grab the 2 pieces that Dr. Lorrick drops.

Im not saying its overly difficult assuming you have proper gear. Im saying Jesse Sky is F-ing crazy to suggest you try doing this FP in Tionese Gear (XD that's crackhead talk).

BTW, Thank you for the offer but I'm on Harbinger & I have to admit I did not know Dr. L drops mount but my previous points still stand.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Slowpokeking
12.06.2012 , 05:37 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
Wauw 26 pages of nonsense..

Tier 1 hardmodes drop stuff people already have - yet people still run them

Tier 2 hardmodes drop stuff people already have - yet people still run them..

Fresh 50's can play a few tier 1 HM's for columi pieces, then go to LI HM and get a significant upgrade with a rakata chest and a columi mainhand..

It's perfect.. I'd even go so far as to say that perhaps LI HM drops loot better than it should..
No, Tier 1 HM drops level 50 columi earpieces/implants, exotech and some relics, so people with tionese can get upgrade from most of the bosses. That's not the case of LI for columi team.

Khevar
12.06.2012 , 06:10 PM | #264
@GalaxyStrong, I get what you're saying.

Now, when that post showed up from Jesse, there were two teams that took their stocked up Tionese commendations bought the gear, and gave it a run to see if could be done. According to their posts (earlier in this thread), they were able to do it.

What I take Jesse's answer to mean, is that a well coordinated group, in vent, who knew the fights, could do it in Tionese.

Myself, I'm part of an active guild and we level many alts. I've brought 5 alts through HM LI, and three of them did HM LI in 1/2 Columi and got good upgrades not just from Lorrick but the other bosses as well. Also note that these three times the others in the group were experienced guildies bringing THEIR new alts so none of us had great gear at the time.

Now, compare this to my first level 50. I was in 1/2 black hole and had over thirty fails in a row on LR-5. Yet one day, I met another player who took me and 2 others who had never made it past LR-5, and he brought us through the entire instance with very little difficulty. The difference was, he was able to explain the strategies in such a way that it made sense and was easy to follow.

This is why I feel that HM LI is all about understanding the strategy, position, execution and reaction time, not about gear.

Edit:
Just as an example, I used to use a keybind on my interrupt. However, I would usually catch LR-5's incinerate after 1 or 2 stacks. That's a LOT of pressure to put on the healer. He had be bind it to the "browser forward" button on my mouse, right next to my thumb. The next time we ran the fight, I caught every incinerate at 0 stacks except for one, which I caught at 1 stack.

The healer went from force drained halfway through the fight to being able to keep up with everything.

Slowpokeking
12.06.2012 , 06:16 PM | #265
@GalaxyStrong, I get what you're saying.

Now, when that post showed up from Jesse, there were two teams that took their stocked up Tionese commendations bought the gear, and gave it a run to see if could be done. According to their posts (earlier in this thread), they were able to do it.

What I take Jesse's answer to mean, is that a well coordinated group, in vent, who knew the fights, could do it in Tionese.

Myself, I'm part of an active guild and we level many alts. I've brought 5 alts through HM LI, and three of them did HM LI in 1/2 Columi and got good upgrades not just from Lorrick but the other bosses as well. Also note that these three times the others in the group were experienced guildies bringing THEIR new alts so none of us had great gear at the time.

Now, compare this to my first level 50. I was in 1/2 black hole and had over thirty fails in a row on LR-5. Yet one day, I met another player who took me and 2 others who had never made it past LR-5, and he brought us through the entire instance with very little difficulty. The difference was, he was able to explain the strategies in such a way that it made sense and was easy to follow.

This is why I feel that HM LI is all about understanding the strategy, position, execution and reaction time, not about gear.
So that's not the majority, and they already ran this FP before a few times, just did it for a challenge, that' a lot different than people who are new to this FP and do it with tionese, especially pugs.

Khevar
12.06.2012 , 06:24 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So that's not the majority, and they already ran this FP before a few times, just did it for a challenge, that' a lot different than people who are new to this FP and do it with tionese, especially pugs.
I would like to have a dialog without on this subject, but I'm frustrated that you don't respond to many of my points. I've taken a gander through your post history, and you have interesting and insightful things to say on other subjects, so I don't get why you gloss over things I say and don't respond to them.

I'd appreciate an answer to a few things:

1. Why is this so important to you? (see earlier post p26)
2. I tried to compare loot drops in HM LI to loot drops in Story Mode TfB. You finally responded referencing Hard Mode. HM drops Dread Guard (63) gear. Storymode drops Rakata. Yet most players that go into Storymode TfB will already have Rakata. I think this is a completely fair comparison.
3. What is wrong with the concept that a skilled player, running HM LI with less than full columi gets greater benefit than a player that can only run it in full Columi or better?

Slowpokeking
12.06.2012 , 06:39 PM | #267
I would like to have a dialog without on this subject, but I'm frustrated that you don't respond to many of my points. I've taken a gander through your post history, and you have interesting and insightful things to say on other subjects, so I don't get why you gloss over things I say and don't respond to them.

I'd appreciate an answer to a few things:

1. Why is this so important to you? (see earlier post p26)
2. I tried to compare loot drops in HM LI to loot drops in Story Mode TfB. You finally responded referencing Hard Mode. HM drops Dread Guard (63) gear. Storymode drops Rakata. Yet most players that go into Storymode TfB will already have Rakata. I think this is a completely fair comparison.
3. What is wrong with the concept that a skilled player, running HM LI with less than full columi gets greater benefit than a player that can only run it in full Columi or better?
1. I just want this game to get better, I don't need anything from LI now.
2. Because TFB is the place to drop the best gear in the game right now, so people have to get familiar with it and beat SM first. LI is not something like it, it's easier to get better gears from other places.
3. Because the drop of FP should depend on the gear of the majority who can do it, the majority don't get benefit from the first 2 bosses.

Khevar
12.06.2012 , 07:00 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
1. I just want this game to get better, I don't need anything from LI now.
2. Because TFB is the place to drop the best gear in the game right now, so people have to get familiar with it and beat SM first. LI is not something like it, it's easier to get better gears from other places.
3. Because the drop of FP should depend on the gear of the majority who can do it, the majority don't get benefit from the first 2 bosses.
Thank you.

Okay, so here is my take on this.

Firstly, I think that what would make this game better would be to have more challenging flashpoints. When HM LI was introduced back in 1.2, it was in part responding to player requests for something challenging. The Tier 1 flashpoints are very easy to master. I guess we disagree on what would be better in this regard.

This brings me to the second point. I agree that SM TfB is a good place to learn the fights. Personally, I extend that same philosophy to HM LI as well. There are some particularly tricky mechanics in HM LI. Such as interrupt within 0.7 seconds of the cast. Or time your force/energy regeneration with the Sav-Rak chest pound. Or remember to cleanse the green goo in Lorrick. The mechanics in EC and TfB are different, but are also quite difficult. Learning to master HM LI results a player that can run harder Ops. If you took 8 people that couldn't do HM LI, would you expect them to be able to do SM EC or SM TfB?

In general, I don't have an objection to your point on the majority getting a benefit to gear drops from content. My fear is this: Bioware is very very very unlikely to increase the gear rewards on HM LI. To my knowledge, they've never adjusted loot tables up a full grade on any content (e.g. 56 to 58).

But if enough people demand that the risk/reward needs to be fixed, if they won't fix the reward, they may fix the risk instread (which they've already done). I'm championing not touching HM LI because I think the only direction BW is likely to take is make it easier, which I feel would be a bad thing.

So that's my case. What do you think?

Aurojiin
12.06.2012 , 07:19 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Im not saying its overly difficult assuming you have proper gear. Im saying Jesse Sky is F-ing crazy to suggest you try doing this FP in Tionese Gear (XD that's crackhead talk).
Except groups have done it in Tionese, so, uh, yeah.

Would you like me to get a group together when 1.6 hits (with free Tionese) and record a run of it?
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Khevar
12.06.2012 , 07:51 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Except groups have done it in Tionese, so, uh, yeah.

Would you like me to get a group together when 1.6 hits (with free Tionese) and record a run of it?
Doesn't the "A" in A-Team stand for Aurojiin?