Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HiKTB
08.13.2012 , 03:01 PM | #51
I bet the only thing of significance we're going to learn is a release date for the announced f2p patch, if we're lucky.

ZombieCow
08.14.2012 , 09:51 AM | #52
Im sure they will announce more info about patch 1.4 aswell. Dont disappoint us Bioware, some of us still have faith in you, the game and the direction you've decided to head at.

Apparently the conference is already over, where can I find more info on what was mentioned about SWTOR?

Galvatron
08.14.2012 , 10:02 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieCow View Post
Im sure they will announce more info about patch 1.4 aswell. Dont disappoint us Bioware, some of us still have faith in you, the game and the direction you've decided to head at.

Apparently the conference is already over, where can I find more info on what was mentioned about SWTOR?
Nothing much was said actually. I think they are planning to release info this Friday to us. At least that what the word is. I hope they talk soon as a lot of people are getting impatient.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

jersyiii
08.14.2012 , 10:08 AM | #54
at the ea press conference it was announced that next month they would release the new pvp warzone, the new pve ops and new lvl 50+ space ship missions

TheGreatFrosty
08.14.2012 , 10:11 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by jersyiii View Post
at the ea press conference it was announced that next month they would release the new pvp warzone, the new pve ops and new lvl 50+ space ship missions
No it wasn't.

They said they'd release the new raid next month, and then the other content (inc. WZ and space missions) 'Soon there after'.

This could be another six weeks away, or even more. Bioware has a horrible tendency to use the word 'soon' to convey anywhere between 1 month and 6 months.

Coldin
08.14.2012 , 10:18 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
No it wasn't.

They said they'd release the new raid next month, and then the other content (inc. WZ and space missions) 'Soon there after'.

This could be another six weeks away, or even more. Bioware has a horrible tendency to use the word 'soon' to convey anywhere between 1 month and 6 months.
Yeah. It was all really vague. Bioware really needs to start saying some dates. It's really been issue since launch about not saying any dates for anything. A new operation for next month, and something to follow after though is kind of odd.

And no mention about the level cap raise and new planet to quest on. Is that coming with the operation, or sometime after?

MrGrizzly
08.14.2012 , 11:14 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by tgjohnson View Post
Who cares where they go? It's up to them. Quit whining.
You are correct that it is "up to them", I don't think anyone is "whining" and if you are in any way invested in the success of the game you should "care where they go."

They NEED to be at Gamescon because they have a large European player base that then should continue to grow. However, C:VI would have been like shooting a large lake of target market packed fish with a nuke when it came to really leveraging the F2P announcement here in the U.S. C:VI is an audience of highly motivated potential customers for the game on a four day Star Wars "high", consuming everything Star Wars they can and being reminded of why they love Star Wars in the first place! I can't think of a better place to be for that exact reason. C:VI far more critical in the U.S. than Comicon was for the success of this game, particularly with the F2P announcement at play. Gamescon is certainly critical for European exposure without a doubt...but I would still argue C:VI would have the better ROI (return on investment) simply given the demographics. Very disappointing to see those potential customers slip by.
MrGrizzly
http://www.torverse.com
The TORVerse Podcast

CenturioXIV
08.14.2012 , 11:42 AM | #58
Well, I'll be there Thursday...so free stuff for me hopefully

Gwena
08.14.2012 , 11:55 AM | #59
I read this in the GamesCom announcement and got all excited for today:

Quote:
EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.
Telling us that one of the things we already knew was coming "Soon" is coming "next month" really doesn't count as "exciting new details" in my book. Though maybe I missed something?
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

SgtSlacker
08.14.2012 , 12:15 PM | #60
Any plans to discuss some story expansions? That would be sick.