Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HanStyle's Avatar


HanStyle
08.08.2012 , 10:47 PM | #31
BioWare should not be going anywhere, they should start adding opvp to makeb, and let us have denova nim before 1.4 comes out, i have been a huge fan so far, but started to lose interest tbh

Graddy's Avatar


Graddy
08.08.2012 , 11:25 PM | #32
Show up at the right time and you might even get to play the new Warzone against members of the Development team.


Find it hard to believe that anyone from the dev team actually plays this game.
"Thus is our treaty written; thus is agreement made.
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
What was asked is given. The price is paid."

dubsackmcgee's Avatar


dubsackmcgee
08.09.2012 , 10:55 AM | #33
Pictures and Prizes: As always, you can also take a picture with some of the colorful Star Wars™ characters on hand from the 501st Legion. We’ll also be handing out collectibles and codes for unique in-game items.




Kinda BS that people that can afford to go there get rare in game items others cant get cause they cant afford to go!! Way to alienate over 3/4 your subbers However I believe alot of people are right fix Denova first adn release new content since its been out for over 7 months and we have only had 1 event and only 3 Raids, we need a new lvl cap, guild capital ships, MORE CONTENT, more things to do like mini-games, MORE STORY, more races to choose from, add a new class for each faction, moddable ships that can have paint schemes and more upgrades for ships,MORE GEAR SELECTION(as far as looks and styles), more vehicles, new companions, Master Apprentice programs for Sith/Jedi or BH and smuggler, bounties on same and cross faction players, player homes, decoratables interiors(like trophys or gear or furniture), Bounty Hunters that actually collect BOUNTIES ON PEOPLE, and so much more i can think off the top of my head atm. They just need to give the players what they want!!!!!

Nullmatrix's Avatar


Nullmatrix
08.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #34
If there that tight on money why go anywhere at this point. They already shut the door on the starwars fan base.

Sarfux's Avatar


Sarfux
08.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #35
If you are tight on money and can't spare the people...you should be picking ONE and going. That SHOULD be Star Wars celebration where everyone would probably be interested in playing since it's adding a f2p option. Think bioware THINK. Don't shut yourself out to SW fans...I can't believe you picked gamescom over SW celebration

Ah well, no need to dwell on it.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

amona's Avatar


amona
08.09.2012 , 11:35 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
If you are tight on money and can't spare the people...you should be picking ONE and going. That SHOULD be Star Wars celebration where everyone would probably be interested in playing since it's adding a f2p option. Think bioware THINK. Don't shut yourself out to SW fans...I can't believe you picked gamescom over SW celebration

Ah well, no need to dwell on it.
they cannot afford to miss either of them. star wars celebration is the bigest star wars convention and gamescom is the bigest games convention in the world. but if they have to go to one it should be gamescom becouse they haven't gone to europe yet

Arckitel's Avatar


Arckitel
08.09.2012 , 11:42 AM | #37
Maybe instead of spending all that money to go to a convention where you will mostly be ignored anyways, try putting that into fixing the game. Put it into more endgame content. Put it into more in game items. **** that F2P **** thats going to screw the people with founders titles. F2P has never and will never be a good idea for the MMO genre. I love the game, but the absolute lack of caring about the bugs and the wants and wishes of its player base is really upsetting.
Im pretty sure I didnt say "Please expendable worm, tell me your life story."


Just because something fits, does not mean it belongs.

Arckitel's Avatar


Arckitel
08.09.2012 , 11:47 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by dubsackmcgee View Post
Kinda BS that people that can afford to go there get rare in game items others cant get cause they cant afford to go!! Way to alienate over 3/4 your subbers However I believe alot of people are right fix Denova first adn release new content since its been out for over 7 months and we have only had 1 event and only 3 Raids, we need a new lvl cap, guild capital ships, MORE CONTENT, more things to do like mini-games, MORE STORY, more races to choose from, add a new class for each faction, moddable ships that can have paint schemes and more upgrades for ships,MORE GEAR SELECTION(as far as looks and styles), more vehicles, new companions, Master Apprentice programs for Sith/Jedi or BH and smuggler, bounties on same and cross faction players, player homes, decoratables interiors(like trophys or gear or furniture), Bounty Hunters that actually collect BOUNTIES ON PEOPLE, and so much more i can think off the top of my head atm. They just need to give the players what they want!!!!!
Amen brother. Fix the damn game, and screw the conventions. Just goes to show that they really dont give a flying **** about the player base.
Im pretty sure I didnt say "Please expendable worm, tell me your life story."


Just because something fits, does not mean it belongs.

Sarfux's Avatar


Sarfux
08.09.2012 , 11:54 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by amona View Post
they cannot afford to miss either of them. star wars celebration is the bigest star wars convention and gamescom is the bigest games convention in the world. but if they have to go to one it should be gamescom becouse they haven't gone to europe yet

Ohhh ok. I didn't know gamescom was the biggest. Thanks for clarifying that. Also, it would upset the Europeans if they didn't go to Europe
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
08.09.2012 , 11:57 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
If you are tight on money and can't spare the people...you should be picking ONE and going. That SHOULD be Star Wars celebration where everyone would probably be interested in playing since it's adding a f2p option. Think bioware THINK. Don't shut yourself out to SW fans...I can't believe you picked gamescom over SW celebration

Ah well, no need to dwell on it.
Because considering as to all star wars fans are gamers and in particular MMO gamers? That's why SW games are generally such a major success. Oh, and why such a convention gets only about 30k attendees.

Truly, I fail to see a single reason on as to why TOR has to be there. Sure if they had time to spend or anything, but beyond that there's bigger, more appropriate and more important conventions such as GamesCom, to focus on.
Member of <Helix>