Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wolfninjajedi
08.08.2012 , 12:25 PM | #11
I don't see why people are upset about this, Celebration is there to celebrate the movies, see actors, look at props, and other things that are related to the movies and the like. Whereas GamesCon...is for GAMES, which last I checked...this is a game nothing really movie related.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Xothos
08.08.2012 , 12:29 PM | #12
I don't care where they do panels and make announcements as long as they give us some information on when we are getting some updates and all that jazz. So no way i'm crying over star wars celebration or whatever that event I have never heard of anyway is called.
Xothos, 50 Sith Juggernaut

Blackavaar
08.08.2012 , 12:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Celebration is also of little interest to gamers, but a thing for star wars fans. Personally, as a not-so-much star wars fanatic, I never even heard of it. Whereas GamesCom is one of the major gaming events and will offer SWTOR great publicity to gamers worldwide.

It's not hard to understand why they'd pick GamesCom.
But considering how they expected this game would draw more of it's players from Star Wars fandom and not the general gaming community, it is probably not the choice they would have made 7 months ago.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

QuickBunnie
08.08.2012 , 12:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
snip ... this is a game nothing really movie related.
Ummm, this is a Star Wars game. Also, Celebration is about Star Wars, not just movies. Other Star Wars games will be present, including 1313

Ansalem
08.08.2012 , 01:17 PM | #15
EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.

Hopefully it isn't more vague false promises of content to come that we never get to see. Weren't we promised Nightmare EC by the end of july? Where is the new content? Why haven't you fixed denova after breaking it last patch?
Does this mean they won't be giving up the event we were also promised? Communication would be nice instead of some lame lip service post telling us announcements coming soon...content coming soon...warzone coming soon...I'm starting to think soon translates to **** and pay us to play this mediocre game.

PeRgE
08.08.2012 , 01:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
But not Star Wars Celebration VI.

</3
I'm loosing all hope in this game!
Your soul is oftentimes a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgment wage war against passion and your appetite.

Fornix
08.08.2012 , 01:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
But considering how they expected this game would draw more of it's players from Star Wars fandom and not the general gaming community, it is probably not the choice they would have made 7 months ago.

Yeh well, till they realized that star wars fans, is not going to work, lol .
Member of <Helix>

Black_reven
08.08.2012 , 01:40 PM | #18
ummm. instead of going to GamesCom 2012, how about fixing the game 1st....

Wolfninjajedi
08.08.2012 , 01:52 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
Ummm, this is a Star Wars game. Also, Celebration is about Star Wars, not just movies. Other Star Wars games will be present, including 1313
Yes but how many people going would really be gamers? Compared to a Con which is dedicated to games?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

amona
08.08.2012 , 02:03 PM | #20
will makeb be avaible for players?