Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forum Policy Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Revan-the-knight
08.08.2012 , 01:44 PM | #31
B.R.A.V.O Bioware! Splendid News!
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Master-Nala
08.08.2012 , 01:47 PM | #32
This is great news and I hope it leads to a positive change in the general forum.

Andryah
08.08.2012 , 01:50 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
This is great news and I hope it leads to a positive change in the general forum.
Yeah, it would be a refreshing change if they clamp down on all the nonconstructive negative posts and pointless subjective rants. It get's tedious and distracts from more constructive discussion (which does not mean no negative comments about the game, but rather constructive discussion of both negative and positive without so much hyperbole and drive-by shots at the game).
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Apocalypsezero
08.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #34
Sweet, I'll get to weed my ignore list.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
MMO General Forums, Proof of the Need for Eugenics.

Andryah
08.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Apocalypsezero View Post
Sweet, I'll get to weed my ignore list.
lol... yeah.. that's a plus.

Twickers
08.08.2012 , 01:52 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
You really think this is the way to go??? you really think swinging the ban hammer and ninja closing threads when community is more worried than ever (and we have a reason for it) is the way to make us feel that our community team is involved?

I dont think so, imho you decided to make this in the worst time in the worst way.

Did i elaborate enough my reply or will my post be deleted?
Might I make a suggestion that you read all the dev posts in this thread before spouting out nonsense like that? They already said they aren't going to just ban people for looking at them funny it's when a thread or post is clearly just trolling that it will be quietly removed or an infraction given out, as long as you aren't clearly just looking to make trouble then you'll be fine.

IMO it's needed with the sheer amount of hatred, bashing and trolling going on in the forums nowadays so if the next few days are about cleaning it up, I say go for it,.

Andryah
08.08.2012 , 01:53 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yeah, it would be a refreshing change if they clamp down on all the nonconstructive negative posts and pointless subjective rants. It get's tedious and distracts from more constructive discussion (which does not mean no negative comments about the game, but rather constructive discussion of both negative and positive without so much hyperbole and drive-by shots at the game).
And I would especially appreciate it if they can weed out all the company and developer bashing that goes on here. I've never seen so much tolerance of such bad behavior and I hope they force it down several notches through enforcement now.

bionamaster
08.08.2012 , 02:31 PM | #38
Hmm, another welcome addition might be to remove locked threads instead of just disabling them. Quite frankly, even the thread titles can be quite upsetting, lol. Even a "Thread Graveyard" sub-forum would be great. Just something I wanted to put out there.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

ZudetGambeous
08.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
One of the most common criticisms we see is that the forums are ugly and that trolling and negativity drive away players who DO want to contribute constructively. We want the forums to be a friendly place to discuss the game, and we want to protect players that want to use them that way. That doesn't mean we want to eliminate negative feedback, but we do want to cut down on the insults, hostility, and other behaviors that sometimes make the forums inhospitable. We want to encourage people to provide us with useful feedback that we can take to the developers. We also want to remove people who are just here to insult others and bash the game for entertainment.
Really? One of the most common criticisms I saw before all the layoffs and the community team blackout was that you were the "forum nazi's"

I saw several dozen threads about how they were unsubbing because they couldn't leave any feedback without getting infractions or merged or banned.

Do you really think that becoming even more strict is the right answer?
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Trenter
08.08.2012 , 03:50 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
Really? One of the most common criticisms I saw before all the layoffs and the community team blackout was that you were the "forum nazi's"

I saw several dozen threads about how they were unsubbing because they couldn't leave any feedback without getting infractions or merged or banned.

Do you really think that becoming even more strict is the right answer?
Do you really think anyone unsubbed because they had a thread merged? No... dude, no.

I very much welcome this. Looking forward to seeing it and thanks for dealing with this problem.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson