Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
08.08.2012 , 01:49 PM | #61 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post

Its me.

I dont recall anyone saying you were dead. But there is a rumor that Daniel and James are now longer working at Bioware/Austin.

Is this true? Is this the real reason that you backed out of the SW celebration?

Answer those 2 questions with a yes or no answer only please.
I actually answered this recently over on Twitter. I'll copy what I responded with: James and Daniel are definitely still part of the BioWare Austin team. Everyone here is working towards our future plans

Quote: Originally Posted by Aymi View Post
This is great news to hear from you again.
But, may i ask you what is to come for us french and german players ? is Courtney our new CM, can we ask her in french (for example ?) or do we'll have to come back here ?

Thank you for your time.
Lars Malcharek is your German community lead and Antonio Moreno (who has been on vacation) is your French community lead They will both be at Gamescom next week!

Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Would it be possible to put section on the website that agrigates all the 3rd party media. I am not asking for a recompile of the information here but, a page that links interviews, twitter feeds etc. Right now either I have to dig for it, or wait until someone reposts the information on the forums. It would be helpful if you know you are doing interviews and such to do the next step and link them. You could even go so far has have a PoC for people to send you Stories/Interviews on SWTOR so you can agrigate them and publish the links. Something like this would be helpful.
The Community Round-Up will try to include this. Keep in mind that we can only post news from officially recognized outlets and fan sites. If you're interested in becoming an official fan site, please send Eric Musco a PM!

Gaxar
08.08.2012 , 01:52 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by nakoda View Post
I miss the days when websites were places to go to for information and not for advertisements. This problem isn't just here, it is endemic of 21st century internet politics. Even most college websites (as an example) have more information for prospective parents than for enrolled students. It is appalling..
i'll give you an example. yes it involves wow, but stick with me.

i want to know whats going on? i go to MMO Champion. forget that its a third party site. Realise that the front page is covered in blue posts from devs answering questions from the community - and lets be clear, its not crap questions about why cant we have pink hair, a lot of it are direct questions that people may not like the answers to, but the devs answer anyway, bluntly if they have to and directly opposing to the poster if needs be.

i walk away after having read it, and while i may not agree with that dev's viewpoint, at least i a) know they are not afraid to answer relevant difficult questions b) know that while they may not agree with my viewpoint, i now know theirs and have an idea of what to expect going forward on that issue.

The fact MMO champion is even in business is because there is always stuff to report, always blue posts to copy paste for my reading pleasure. If the devs didnt communicate, then MMO champion would simply be like torhead - a data mining site that tells me something once in a blue moon when i want to know where an item drops.

I was hoping the dev tracker for swtor would be an in house version of mmo champ, where each day at work i could log in and read what topics people had been discussing with the devs/community spokespeople. No joy.

edit- its laughable to even call it a dev tracker - there is barely anything to track. it should be called weekly and ad hoc maintenance tracker.
Impressiiiiiiiiive......Most impressive.

Rafkin
08.08.2012 , 01:54 PM | #63
So the same thing we've always heard. I've read lots of dev post telling us how great their communication is going to be in the future. Never seen them follow through.

iamthehoyden
08.08.2012 , 01:57 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
Uh huh. You do realise that we've heard this before, right? Like, the last time you had a "our team has gone through a shakeup" route? Do you remember this?
I hate to say it, but this ^.

I'm glad to see yellow posts and I still like the game, but at this point you're on a "I'll believe it when I see it" level of trust for me, both the communication team and the devs. For goodness sake, could we get some stability around here??? Change is necessary, but at this point it feels like the company (and therefore the game) is flailing around aimlessly and lord only knows what they're going to throw at us next. Clear communication about the direction we're going in and PROMISES KEPT would go a hell of a long way to alieviate the chaos.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

scullzomben
08.08.2012 , 01:59 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The rumors about my death have been greatly exaggerated.
A Dev that quotes Rise Against.

May there be hope at the end of the tunnel?

Slugamaniac
08.08.2012 , 02:01 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I actually answered this recently over on Twitter. I'll copy what I responded with: James and Daniel are definitely still part of the BioWare Austin team. Everyone here is working towards our future plans
Thank you for this, I don't check twitter so this is good to know!
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

Gaxar
08.08.2012 , 02:01 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
A Dev that quotes Rise Against.

May there be hope at the end of the tunnel?
Its Mark Twain mate.
Impressiiiiiiiiive......Most impressive.

Emeda
08.08.2012 , 02:01 PM | #68
[QUOTE=JovethGonzalez;5000671]I actually answered this recently over on Twitter. I'll copy what I responded with: James and Daniel are definitely still part of the BioWare Austin team. Everyone here is working towards our future plans /QUOTE]

I hope for you guys this is true but still why not a YES or NO answer.

The answer you gave is that recently over on twiiter (first off it should have been on these forums and not twitter and second how long was recently? Is it the same as soon but in the past? So that could of been after the first wave). Then no link to your comment on twitter(if linking its possible and also no date when you said this

You want a better relationship with your players but all you do is leave holes.

If you wanted to add to the yes then "Yes, those 2 men are still currently working on SWTOR as of today" That answer wouldnt leave any holes and answers the question.

Honestly only takes a few words.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

DarthMord
08.08.2012 , 02:04 PM | #69
In my mind it breaks down like this. We are paying for a premium service so give us premium service. As another poster mentioned you've told us that you can tell us more about updates...but you aren't exactly telling us details. It's like telling a hungry fat man that you can make this awesome sandwich and you get him excited about it but then you don't tell him how you're going to make that sandwich or anything more about it. If you want people to keep paying that premium for your service you should probably start giving them the service they feel they deserve and are paying for, and that first and foremost begins with information. Not empty promises, cause actions definitely speak louder than words.
"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb..."

nakoda
08.08.2012 , 02:04 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaxar View Post
i'll give you an example. yes it involves wow, but stick with me.

i want to know whats going on? i go to MMO Champion. forget that its a third party site. Realise that the front page is covered in blue posts from devs answering questions from the community - and lets be clear, its not crap questions about why cant we have pink hair, a lot of it are direct questions that people may not like the answers to, but the devs answer anyway, bluntly if they have to and directly opposing to the poster if needs be.
No, you are right, third party sites (fan sites) are one of the BEST resources on the web for information you need. But this also goes along with the whole problem of not being listened to. Third party sites are not given the credit they deserve.

Until "community representatives" actually give us proof that third party sites and fan complaints are given full consideration, I will not believe it. Third party sites are given as much credit as the notion "well, let's be fair, the people who like the game don't post on the forums because they are busy playing" kind of attitude.

We shouldn't have to fend for ourselves, BW should be shoveling information down our throats and then listening to our responses. Instead, we have to go on archeological surveys of web sites, and Google caches, and inadequate dev trackers to piece together information relevant to us. Like one poster already commented, BW/EA didn't even tell us about F2P first, we found it through external sources.

It is retarded, in the clinical sense of the word.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello of EA
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
An Article About F2P