Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anexxia's Avatar


anexxia
08.08.2012 , 10:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Of course not! This just means that we will be sure to spread out our communication when WE have new information for you. This does not affect fan sites or any interviews conducted
Fantastic-- glad to hear it!
_*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*_
You can also find me at http://inquisitorsroadhouse.com

Yogol's Avatar


Yogol
08.08.2012 , 10:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by anexxia View Post
I hope it doesn't mean we won't continue to see Dev interviews on the fansites as those have been very fun and interesting in the past, both as a reader and an interviewer.
I think that it is a good thing that all official information is done on the official sources.

I was one of the complainers about the fact that you had to read 25 different sources to know what was going on. It would be nice if information is in one central place. Not everyone has time or energy to check all over the internet to find out of the cap will be raised this year or not.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

brightjoker's Avatar


brightjoker
08.08.2012 , 10:21 AM | #13
This is starting to feel like the boy who cried wolf, but I continue to hold out for you SWTOR, prove us wrong that you do actually care. You can start with this:
List of Bugs from the August 7th Patch (Yesterday) as submitted by /r/swtor

JAgony's Avatar


JAgony
08.08.2012 , 10:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The team is responsible for more than just communicating via Twitter and our forum posts are somewhat dependent on new information being available. As mentioned in my post, more frequent updates means that more information will become available for us to post about.
First off - I've been a constant sub since launch, very pleased with the game as of right now, but not the direction it's been heading as of late. It seems the only way I derive enjoyment from the game nowadays is to actually play it and not read what's being said about it.

Secondly, and lastly, one of my main gripes with the community team right now is the lack of activity on the Dev Tracker.. This is one of the main places I check throughout the day for updated info - not Twitter, not Facebook, and certainly not a third-party fansite. I understand that sometimes there is not much to announce other than maintenance outages or server disruptions - That's OK. I'm fine with that. What I am NOT fine with is the lack of actual interaction with the subscribers. It doesn't have to be anything game-related, but I'd feel a lot better if the community team took the time to interact on the forums with the people who help pay the bills.
Officer - {WRL} - Sith - Shadowlands
Jangus - 50 Sith Marauder
Livefire - 50 Bodyguard Mercenary
>>The Agonis Legacy<<

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
08.08.2012 , 10:24 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by brightjoker View Post
This is starting to feel like the boy who cried wolf, but I continue to hold out for you SWTOR, prove us wrong that you do actually care. You can start with this:
List of Bugs from the August 7th Patch (Yesterday) as submitted by /r/swtor
I'm aware of my previous post. Circumstances have changed substantially since then and we are now in a position to deliver on the things I have outlined. The list of bugs is currently being looked into and we will update as soon as we have more information. Thank you!

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
08.08.2012 , 10:27 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by JAgony View Post
Secondly, and lastly, one of my main gripes with the community team right now is the lack of activity on the Dev Tracker.. This is one of the main places I check throughout the day for updated info - not Twitter, not Facebook, and certainly not a third-party fansite. I understand that sometimes there is not much to announce other than maintenance outages or server disruptions - That's OK. I'm fine with that. What I am NOT fine with is the lack of actual interaction with the subscribers. It doesn't have to be anything game-related, but I'd feel a lot better if the community team took the time to interact on the forums with the people who help pay the bills.
We're aware that different folks get their game news from different outlets, and we're trying to broaden out to make sure that more people get information.

Additionally, one of our goals is to make sure that developers interact more with you folks. Allison and I will be working together to ensure that this happens more often.

Yogol's Avatar


Yogol
08.08.2012 , 10:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JAgony View Post
one of my main gripes with the community team right now is the lack of activity on the Dev Tracker.. This is one of the main places I check throughout the day for updated info - not Twitter, not Facebook, and certainly not a third-party fansite.
<nods in approval>
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Kaywinnit's Avatar


Kaywinnit
08.08.2012 , 10:28 AM | #18
This is nice and all.. but, when will the Community team actually start engaging with the Community again. You know, providing information, answering questions (with something besides a "soon" or a link to an unrelated blog/Q&A).

Unfortunately at this point, the SWTOR team is in the "actions speak louder than words" phase, as there is very little trust (I think) between the community and BioWare. We need real information, we need real answers to our questions, and we need them soon than later.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
08.08.2012 , 10:29 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I'm aware of my previous post. Circumstances have changed substantially since then and we are now in a position to deliver on the things I have outlined. The list of bugs is currently being looked into and we will update as soon as we have more information. Thank you!
"Now in a position"? Really? So, before, all these times broken bugs have been broken for months at a time (Soa being a fine example), it's because you guys weren't in a position?

Here's another example: Explosive Conflict is broken and you can't complete it right now. Lolwhat? Sorry, but that's pretty inexcusable to make content that many people can do, and many others have on farm, stay broken for over 24 hours. I can't remember off the top of my head the last time I was in a game where existing content stayed broken for over a day in WoW or Rift. This could be rose-tinted glasses I'm wearing, but the fact that it's broken in the only Operation we currently have released in the last few months tends to bother me.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
08.08.2012 , 10:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
you can expect more frequent updates to the game (which means more information coming to you) and more developer interactions.
As apposed to the last time it was stated that you guys wanted to release new content every month to a month and a half... yeah... that didn't work out too well either.

Sorry if I'm bitter, but you guys haven't persuaded me to believe that you're actually turning over a new leaf from the bad customer relation I feel this game has had with it's community thus far.