Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
08.09.2012 , 11:16 AM | #151
Hmmm...2 days in a row?! One more and I'll start to believe...Glad to see you guys back again today Joveth. Thank you.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Emeda
08.09.2012 , 11:27 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
All right! Big list of responses today. I'll do my best here.

Ok Blisst_uNF, in order:
1. Yep. This is definitely something we can do. The problem sometimes is finding a thread to post in. We'll do our best going forward.
Just have the mods stop closing any thread except for the I LOVE SWTOR AND ITS PERFECT THREADS.
2. Most important news and updates can be seen on either http://www.swtor.com/info/news and http://www.swtor.com/blog. These two sites should cover most major information. Additionally, I try to push this as much as possible, but the Dev Tracker is also a powerful tool. We use the official SWTOR Twitter and FB accounts as an additional outlet for news that already appears on our main site. Relevant discussions can happen anywhere, and it will be a difficult process to keep track of and reproduce them in one centralized place. I'll try to see what we can do, but this will be difficult to do.
Those Links dont answer any of the real questions. Those links make us ask the questions because they dont give the answers.
3. This is actually in the works. Keep an eye out for these interactions in the near future.
Near Future=Soon. We all know how long Soon is
4. We do do this internally. Amber has a daily list that she escalates up to the responsible development teams. In the future, we can work on finding and updating threads more consistently to let players know that we're either aware, investigating, or coming up with a solution.

Does anyone do a follow up to get the answers? Yeah you can give the devs everything and they can even answer them but if you dont follow up on them then we may never get the answers. So Amber sends the stuff to the devs on MON, on the next day or the next mon or at some scheduled time someone be it amber or someone else should got to the devs and say "how about that stuff a gave you before, anything on it?"

We'll definitely be working closer with devs to make sure that these sort of interactions continue.

We've heard your feedback regarding the Q&A and we think that we've come up with a better solution, such as increasing daily developer interactions and publishing THOSE responses on a weekly basis.

Did you read what you just said? Let me tell you with some words you didnt add. Reguarding the weekly Q&A we came up with a better solution by publishing those responses WEEKLY!!

Will do!

Thanks for this! We just recently finished up our last round of class feedback (we posted stickies in each class forum on the perception for each class). This feedback has been taken back to the designers, who are now digesting all of it. Your feedback will definitely contribute to their decisions in the future.

Additionally, we will be requesting MORE feedback soon, so keep an eye on the class forums for that.

This document is already managed internally and maintained by us. Keeping track of every single bug reported is no easy task, to be sure. It'd be unrealistic to have this document publicly, but we DO make sure to address major bugs and issues with the Known Issues thread (maintained by Amber).
Could that be telling you something. There are too many bugs and maybe start fixing some.

Thank you for this. We are currently aware of this issue and it was escalated internally.

Yes, but feel free to reach out to the rest of the team as well. They don't bite. For the most part.
It good to see you came back today and didnt go back into hiding.

One other question. Why doesnt the forums let you quote the quotes of the person being quoted that you are quoting? OR to say it easier. Why doesnt the questions that you are answering show up when I quote you? Its kind of hard to respond to an answer when you dont know what the question is and you either have to make another window to read the question or go back which loses anything you said already. Plus making pyramids is fun
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

Emeda
08.09.2012 , 11:32 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaltom View Post
Going to file this advice under "How to get myself fired in less than an hour."
IF he gets the answers and all the players support him he wont be fired.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

deecee
08.09.2012 , 12:04 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Of course our team uses internal metrics! Community feedback just is just one part of the process.
Also keep in mind with class feedback that players are stacking power to the heavens. Many players are taking mods out of War Hero sets of other classes and even armorings to use set bonus that they shouldn't even have.

Possibly gear itemization should be looked at before you even touch class balance.

Mod stacking can make an average class quite epic if you know what mods to stack.

Dansu
08.09.2012 , 12:09 PM | #155
Hey Joveth thanks for answering some questions today.

Here are two specific issues that I think are examples that have been a let down despite official responses given from BW:

1. Initially noted Jan 7, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=144521
Community post on May 9.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=144521&page=5
Still nothing.

2. Ready Check. Mentioned at guild summit 5 months ago.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=516154
Still nothing.

Jurgen-Ferik
08.09.2012 , 12:09 PM | #156
Can you introduce us to the balance team?
Underpowered Valor Rank 80 Pew Pew Merc.
SWG: Huan the Wookie, Flurry Server

DarthMord
08.09.2012 , 12:37 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurgen-Ferik View Post
As abysmal as the class balance is I highly doubt there is anyone on that 'team'. More likely they were fired with the first round of layoffs. With as silent as they have been on class balance and the complete lack of information and updates on the classes themselves I would guess they aren't even looking into this which is just sad. I mean seriously are the interns working on this game now? Sorry I'm ranting here but honestly, how hard is it and how much damage can be done to the game by being open, honest and frank with the customers. Being all secretive and keeping things close to the vest simply isn't working, time for a different strategy.
"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb..."

Styxx
08.09.2012 , 01:48 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
You could not be more wrong sir ! class balance have been a disaster after 1.2 and that is not because metrics
do the job,to know the classes and how they perform one must play the game on a competetive lvl something
few if any developers do.There is a reason why so many AC in SWTOR is not wanted in good rated teams.
Sure some will try to claim this and that on the forum who is clueless or just want to see theyr class stay OP
but alot of the feedback is most valid and when bioware ignored all the feedback from players on PTS for 1.2 and 1.3 that was a huge mistake ans see now how many have left because their class in no fun or competetive.
This is and will always be the job for internal testing. For PROFESSIONAL internal testing. It can be balanced ONLY by someone that has nothing to gain from it. And ANY poster, be as plausible as it is... has an interest... . VERY few players can actually provide UNBIASED feedback.. and not many are left and certainly even fewer are selected or listened by Bioware.

By testing, of course, I understand the smartest Bioware in-house beta-testers. IF they exist.

I might be awfully wrong, but I am yet to see anyone saying HER/HIS class is op. Even so, it still has a very high chance of having a personal agenda.

[EDIT]7 months in, they should have enough feedback to know how each class is performing 1-50, 50 blues, 50 standard purple gear, 50 min-max gear, so they should do one more FINAL tweak to classes. Based on internal numbers which should be based on statistics of class versus target. And make them all identical to target at MIN-MAX`ed level, or best potential. Some will be better at 1-50, some will be better at 50 in blues, some will be better at 50 standard purples, but ALL will be equal at their best possible. Because anything else is a cheap push to reroll the current FOTM.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Taloraan
08.09.2012 , 01:55 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurgen-Ferik View Post
Greetings! We are currently unable to post a list of our balance team as we have yet to run down to the local Home Depot to hire one. A list will be available Soon™ .
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Daniel_Caparros
08.09.2012 , 02:14 PM | #160
Its good to know that you are going to listen and reveal new information frequently. But dont listen to all players complains, some of them could ruin the game