Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Styxx
08.09.2012 , 10:43 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
All right! Big list of responses today. I'll do my best here.
Thanks for this! We just recently finished up our last round of class feedback (we posted stickies in each class forum on the perception for each class). This feedback has been taken back to the designers, who are now digesting all of it. Your feedback will definitely contribute to their decisions in the future.

Additionally, we will be requesting MORE feedback soon, so keep an eye on the class forums for that.
I`m sorry, but players should not have any saying in class balance. Each "main" will try to buff its class and nerf the others... and subjective feedback is not really what`s needed.

So, please, use your "metrics", IF they exist.. and do your OWN balancing, based on whatever "targets" your classes do or do not achieve. ASSUMING you folks actually test and not theorycraft all day.

Also, make up your mind. Have the classes in a final draft and leave them like that. FOTM will exist... but it`s better than creating one each 2 months for cheap rerolls.

[EDIT]Also, can you, please, post Bioware`s definition of "new content" here?

Do a pair of glasses or a new orange weapon qualify as new content?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

ScarletBlaze
08.09.2012 , 10:45 AM | #142
Quote:
Yes, but feel free to reach out to the rest of the team as well. They don't bite. For the most part.

For the most part huh? lol. So they have been known to bite? lol Well in that case make sure they are current on their shots.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Drudenfusz
08.09.2012 , 10:47 AM | #143
I wonder how long the community manager will stay... sorry if I sound disheartening, but so far every community manager has become a huge disappointment for me so I took it well to see them go (and I am just not a very optimistic person in general).

Nevertheless I have a request, could you please tell the devs that they really should look into the codex and make it work (fix those which a meant to be available and remove those entirely which aren't, so that people actually can get a 100% completion on this).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

DarthTHC
08.09.2012 , 10:52 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
I`m sorry, but players should not have any saying in class balance. Each "main" will try to buff its class and nerf the others... and subjective feedback is not really what`s needed.

So, please, use your "metrics", IF they exist.. and do your OWN balancing, based on whatever "targets" your classes do or do not achieve. ASSUMING you folks actually test and not theorycraft all day.

Also, make up your mind. Have the classes in a final draft and leave them like that. FOTM will exist... but it`s better than creating one each 2 months for cheap rerolls.

The only guy who understood the telemetry numbers no longer works for EA.

I'd alter the request for a definition of content to instead ask all EA communications to go one more level deeper into detail than they currently do. "Soon" becomes a quarter or a month. "Content" becomes "flashpoint" or "operation" or "warzone" or "cash shop stuff". That sort of thing.

recsa
08.09.2012 , 10:59 AM | #145
Dear Joveth,

This is day two of your New New plan, New New because its exactly same Old New plan annuounced to us some weeks ago (6-7 weeks if alzheimer is not hitting me too hard).

Yesterday was Day 1, Todat is Day 2, in this 2 days we have got:

(Dev posts classification for a total of 39 posts)
Maintenance related: 3
Annoucements not game related: 2
Promises: 13
Not game related chit chat with comunity members: 7
"Have nothing new to say" type: 14

Do you see my point? i want to believe you and your new plan, but please, leave your PC, go to Developers room, get them by the XXXXXXXXX and force them to share their secret knowledge regularly, we dont need you and Allison ninja posting useless comments on the forums, while we do appreciate the effort, we want real communication with the development team.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Celebrus
08.09.2012 , 11:01 AM | #146

I wanted to take some time to reassure you all that my team, the community team, is still committed to you folks. As part of this commitment, were excited to let you know that we have been developing a brand new strategy for our team that focuses on developing new ways to bring you more information about the game and the people involved with SWTOR's development.
We've only read this same speel 3 or 4 times now.

Pardon me if I voice the opinion that this rings more hollow each time I read it, sorry, but you're not convincing.
"The free-to-play people can't invest to the level we can invest, and can't create something of the size and scale of something we can create." - Greg Zeshuk

Source.

JovethGonzalez
08.09.2012 , 11:07 AM | #147 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Of course our team uses internal metrics! Community feedback just is just one part of the process.

NucleusTRV
08.09.2012 , 11:08 AM | #148
As a community team, we are here to help get answers from developers when they are available. Sometimes, we simply don't have new information or the answers to certain things.
Sometimes you don't have any information? You must be kidding. And even if this was true, it'd be time to kick the devs' butts or there won't be anything left to keep still about much longer.

Sorry for my bad english, but I'm no native speaker... =/
Collecting Bounties for
E N D G E G N E R @ T 3 - M 4
Gildenthread

Thaltom
08.09.2012 , 11:12 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
Do you see my point? i want to believe you and your new plan, but please, leave your PC, go to Developers room, get them by the XXXXXXXXX and force them to share their secret knowledge regularly, we dont need you and Allison ninja posting useless comments on the forums, while we do appreciate the effort, we want real communication with the development team.
Going to file this advice under "How to get myself fired in less than an hour."
I only get paid when I survive. I like getting paid.

Lord_Karsk
08.09.2012 , 11:15 AM | #150

You could not be more wrong sir ! class balance have been a disaster after 1.2 and that is not because metrics
do the job,to know the classes and how they perform one must play the game on a competetive lvl something
few if any developers do.There is a reason why so many AC in SWTOR is not wanted in good rated teams.
Sure some will try to claim this and that on the forum who is clueless or just want to see theyr class stay OP
but alot of the feedback is most valid and when bioware ignored all the feedback from players on PTS for 1.2 and 1.3 that was a huge mistake ans see now how many have left because their class in no fun or competetive.