Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blondesolid
08.08.2012 , 10:40 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

As we progress towards the recently announced Free-to-Play experience, you can expect more frequent updates to the game (which means more information coming to you) and more developer interactions.

Prolly quoted a zillion times already, but that ones a knee slapper, gets me every time

Bryyn
08.08.2012 , 10:54 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
Hes not the software development team he is the Community Manager.

Please give us the definition on what you think his job is?

Mine is he is the middle man between the devs and the players. He finds out what we want and transfers it to the devs and then he takes the devs info and delivers it to us.

So it is his job to communicate with us.

Maybe when he gets back tommorrow he can post the job description for us.
Great. But let's have a level head in how we respond. We don't need the forums to point out someone should do their job. I think we can do better without people being so indignant.

Quote:
Mine is he is the middle man between the devs and the players. He finds out what we want and transfers it to the devs and then he takes the devs info and delivers it to us.
To answer your question, the community team does read these boards and relay the information to the developers. Many of the patches show that.
Ryllen - Mercenary
Socorro

Darth_Victus
08.08.2012 , 11:10 PM | #123
Hi everyone,

For those of you that don’t know, I’m Joveth Gonzalez, Community Manager for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

As most of you know, over the past few months, our team, our studio, and our game have undergone quite a few changes. Through it all, we’ve remained committed to the community and have worked with the development team to make sure that your voices were heard.

I wanted to take some time to reassure you all that my team, the community team, is still committed to you folks. As part of this commitment, we’re excited to let you know that we have been developing a brand new strategy for our team that focuses on developing new ways to bring you more information about the game and the people involved with SWTOR's development.

As we progress towards the recently announced Free-to-Play experience, you can expect more frequent updates to the game (which means more information coming to you) and more developer interactions.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic community is large and spread across many outlets, but rest assured that our team is scouring the forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, fan sites, and anywhere that SWTOR is being discussed to make sure that we get your thoughts, comments, questions, and general feedback. Know that we are listening you, no matter where you choose to participate in the SWTOR community.

In the upcoming weeks, you’ll be seeing elements of our new community strategy as they appear on our site. One of our primary goals with this is to ensure that new information about the game is communicated as quickly and effectively as possible.

Last but not least, I will be re-introducing the rest of community team along with this new strategy. You may have already seen them here on the forums or on the website, but you will learn more about Allison Berryman, Eric Musco, Courtney Woods, Amber Green, Lars Malcharek, and Antonio Moreno.

We're all excited about the future of this game and with the new focus on more frequent content updates and the introduction of the Free-to-Play experience, you can expect more communication opportunities overall.

If you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas, please feel free to send us an email at community@swtor.com. You can also send me a PM here on the forums or reach me on Twitter @joveth. These are three different ways for you to get in touch. We will limit important announcements to only occur on our site, forums, our Facebook page, and/or the official SWTOR Twitter account.

Thank you, sincerely, for participating and being a part of our community over the past few months. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
I gotta say, while I am looking forward to the new Free to Play option, which I think is a good thing. I am concerned that the over all development quality will suffer or development of the content will start lacking what has so far made this game stand out from the rest. Like the voice over for example.

XxTheXOnexX
08.08.2012 , 11:16 PM | #124
anybody need some free trails?

cashogy
08.09.2012 , 12:00 AM | #125
As a community team, we are here to help get answers from developers when they are available. Sometimes, we simply don't have new information or the answers to certain things. The weekly developer Q&A is currently the best place to ask questions related to the development of the game. As I mentioned before, we're going to push for more interactions as part of our new plan.
the weekly Q&A is a joke. we are lucky if 1/10 questions is actually something more complex than "what color lighsabers can i get?"

whoever is in charge of picking the questions NEVER chooses the ones we would most like to know the answers to. the interaction between devs/employees and players has been laughably atrocious. like others have said in this thread, can we get less communication about communicating, and more communication about the actual game? this is literally the 3rd of 4th time we've been "introduced" to the community team.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TheCoffeeFiend
08.09.2012 , 03:24 AM | #126
Well, taking into account that the patch notes still are released after the patch has been implemented and publishing them changed from "immediately afterwards" to "some time afterwards", the internal communication still does seem to counteract any heroic attempts by the Community Team to improve communication with the community.
Quote:
"We got the empire, now as then,
We don't doubt, we don't take reflection."
Bekennender Fan: Groundhouse

Moriganno
08.09.2012 , 03:53 AM | #127
Enough promises. Pls deliver

WillCaedes
08.09.2012 , 04:53 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
*tries to remain skeptical*

*gets hopes up again like a child*

Damn it.
There there, it'll be ok. Surely Bioware wouldn't lie to us again (ie: and I quote, "we'll see content rolling out on a monthly basis" ~ Ohlen, end quote), or present us with more half-truths, or re-introduce us to the new new new NEW Community support team...., Right Vertias?
Audio Customization for Weapons:
Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...45#post7864645
Poll: http://goo.gl/Y1Mvfk

Omicrie
08.09.2012 , 05:08 AM | #129
Hi there, Its nice to see the amount of communication here.

First, let me say that I fully understand the limit to the amount of information that you can provide about developing content. It is certainly a let down to people too not tell them about ideas as soon as they pop out of your designers heads and on to paper, but it would be much worse too promise content before it has a chance to be refined and revised.

The one issue that I would like to bring up however is the lack of feed-back in the class forums. If possible could you please explain the proses of how your team handles class feed back.

The reason that I and much of the community find this area to be a particularly disappointing area to not receive feed back in is: That all future content aside many of the class in-balances can create problems for players with the content they already have. Due to to competitive nature of level 50 pvp teams and limit of spots in an operation, often which class a person is playing can make or break their chances at fully experiencing level 50 content. Sometimes leaving them with only the alternatives to either re-spec and re-gear (often into a roll they don't want) or re-roll as whole different class.

Furthermore it is also one of the first places people will check before buying the game, too decided what type of character they might like to try. The last thing their going to want to see is that the class type they want to play is being utterly ignored. So even if theres a class with no complaints (unlikely as it may be ) a post once a week for every advanced class to let subscribers know your paying attention would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear back from you.

Thanatus
08.09.2012 , 05:53 AM | #130
I think one thing that would help a lot is some sort of issue tracker with a list of issues and a status (reported / accepted / confirmed / in dev / fixed) managed by one of you (ie only read access to us).

I believe that seeing bug reports shoved under the rug by the typical in-game message (no further communication etc) is quite discouraging especially to a casual player with a little or no knowledge of the process how bugs are fixed. A clear and concise list of issues would go a long way. Mods could easily link to them here on forums and I as a player could at least see that my feedback is actually worth something.
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd> - The Dark Lords