Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nakoda
08.08.2012 , 03:13 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn View Post
This, Yes. Going to find the answers. We don't want just an "anchorman" reading us the "news" handed to him by the devs. We need a "reporter" who will go dig up the answers. Someone who can get the devs to open up more.
This game is missing the amount of communication and incite that blizzard devs give their player base.
you may want to look up the difference between insight and incite.

also, the only thing that TOR CRMs are lacking that WoW CRMs had are Murlocs. At least TOR CRMs have grammar and punctuation.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello of EA
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
An Article About F2P

Agarwaenn
08.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by nakoda View Post
you may want to look up the difference between insight and incite.

also, the only thing that TOR CRMs are lacking that WoW CRMs had are Murlocs. At least TOR CRMs have grammar and punctuation.
Look at this thread: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ance-analysis/ as an example.
Devs giving straight answers, asking people for input, and looking for numbers/logs. They tell people the reasons why decisions were/are being made. People may not like the answers they get, but the devs are communicating what they are thinking, and the direction they are taking the game. Where is this same level of communication with the Devs in TOR? We don't have it.
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)

Goldenstar
08.08.2012 , 03:24 PM | #103
Hey Joveth, thanks for taking the time to communicate with us on a more personal basis. I've noticed you directing players to the Q&A archives, but I don't think many people are satisfied with the answers provided in the Q&A. That's why we're asking YOU. The Q&A always gives incredibly vague and non-specific answers to questions, which is NOT what the playerbase is looking for. We like details. We know you can't give specific dates or information, but the development team MUST have an internal timeline for GOALS at least. Something along the lines of "we're aiming to get this feature out within the next 6 weeks, but there's no promises on that" would go a LONG way.
Vent Rage [vR]

Gaxar
08.08.2012 , 03:28 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn View Post
Look at this thread: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ance-analysis/ as an example.
Devs giving straight answers, asking people for input, and looking for numbers/logs. They tell people the reasons why decisions were/are being made. People may not like the answers they get, but the devs are communicating what they are thinking, and the direction they are taking the game. Where is this same level of communication with the Devs in TOR? We don't have it.
Exactly.

All i want are answers to the salient questions i and other customers have, and the reasonings behind those decisions regardless of if i like the answer or not. A regular two way conversation between those making, and those playing the game.
Impressiiiiiiiiive......Most impressive.

Mancer
08.08.2012 , 03:30 PM | #105
Joveth,

I feel for you man. What an incredibly exhausting chore your job is. Hang in there dude!
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Rayla_Felana
08.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #106
Hey Joveth! nice to see you, I had heard you'd been killed, career-wise of course, nice to see you haven't been assassinated by Imperial Operatives.

Now this is a request, not a question, but could you please, get some info on the most controversial feature being requested, SGRAs? the community supporting this feature is basically dying of starvation from the lack of Information besides what we heard from 'RockJaw' way back when and Mr.Biceps at the Guild Summit, it doesn't matter what kind of information, be it just a few words about the companions themselves, whether it is still on track for this year or if the plans for the feature have been changed, anything is welcome, thank you.

Nemoc
08.08.2012 , 03:38 PM | #107
So not going to the Official Star Wars Convention... OFFICIAL STAR WARS CONVENTION. I was a big supporter for this game, wow killer this, going to last 10 years that. Now its become another Star Wars MMO JOKE. One of the things I was looking forward to at celebration was seeing Bioware there, and maybe getting the free pet. But forget that, because why would a star wars game go to STAR WARS CELEBRATION?!

F2P+no convention=Disappointment and quitting. Sadly I am thinking of going back and playing a Panda or trying GW2. I know this will be removed because its criticism and I am not praising your game, but really you guys fail one right after another. You won't be bothered by me anymore....

To quote a famous Sith Lord, "You have failed me for the last time..."

/endragequit
Co-Founder of Shadow Guard
"Hoping the Mon Calamari are a playable race..."

Nimithril
08.08.2012 , 03:59 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCoffeeFiend View Post
Joveth,
that took quite too long and is way too thin.
You already have been declared dead some time ago.
You will have to climb out of the grave and do some things first before anyone is actually starting to listen again.
Don't presume to speak for the community. There are always people like myself who are always willing to listen, even if the answers drive us crazy.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!

VarisRoa
08.08.2012 , 04:04 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay communication!
I especially love how the team has been excited and super pumped through every cut, restructure and good news for both the market and subscriber bases...

Yeah! we are here to bring you CONTENT!

Bam! explorable areas on the denovah raid! There is a beach!
restructured Illum for our convenience!

6 months for 1 raid and 2 flashpoints like a BOSS!

/ signed
a customer hanging on to his seat with sweaty hands from excitement!
Roa'na - Knights of the Republic
1996--DR--AC1: Darktide--DAoC:Mordred--AoC--WoW--Rift--SW:tor--2012

Dieheart
08.08.2012 , 04:07 PM | #110
Thank you! I for one have been missing you all on the forums. I am glad you guys are back. Please keep the promise this time!