Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

RichardSkywalk
09.27.2012 , 10:56 AM | #21
ive been using the Hybrid DF/Sabo for a wile now and have feel i have mastered it. on dummies i do 1900 dps till the end of time. and i do crazy damage in ops, here is what i have worked out as far as rotation

1.Sharp bomb
2.Shock Charge
3.Vital Shot
4.Sabotage Charge
5.Illegal Mods/adrenal or relic if you have it
6.Wounding Shots
7.Speed Shot
8.XS Freighter (only use if Cool Head is gonna be ready right after, fill this spot with 2 flurry of bolts if Cool head is not ready)
9.Cool Head
10.Wounding Shots.

after that you you get back to rotation. one thing about this rotation is there is gonna be 2 flurry of bolts in it no matter what. so if you see your energy drop to 3 bars its ok to put a flurry in that spot, another thing is Sabotage charge and wounding shots is gonna come off cool down at the same time a lot, always get Sabotage charge in first, its the key part of not running out of energy

below is a Mox parser code to a combat log of Nighmare pilgram and EC HM, the other classes in the log is Acharon:watchman Sentinal, Swaiy:SS Gunslinger, Finalsmack:Combat Sentinal and me WlliamsF/Sabo Gunslinger

here is the place to use the code: http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/RaidData.aspx

the raid key: ts_sf_67392

here is a link to how i am geared and my build http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...2-bf878138bc9c

and here is some numbers on the ops training dummies, ignore the numbers on first fight
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...=0,f=2,t=1,b=1

Mr_Fuzzle
09.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #22
Oh for ****'s sake. If you're going to post a parse saying that you do over 1900 dps and expect a fair comparison to other classes/builds, you cannot use a Rakata Attack Adrenal during your parse, let alone use it 3 times during your parse. The proper way to do it is to have full buffs/sim and go for 5+ minutes. Never (not once not never) use an adrenal during your parses. This boosts your numbers to a level which is great for e-peen stroking, but does not provide any useful information as to what your build is capable of.

RichardSkywalk
09.28.2012 , 05:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Fuzzle View Post
Oh for ****'s sake. If you're going to post a parse saying that you do over 1900 dps and expect a fair comparison to other classes/builds, you cannot use a Rakata Attack Adrenal during your parse, let alone use it 3 times during your parse. The proper way to do it is to have full buffs/sim and go for 5+ minutes. Never (not once not never) use an adrenal during your parses. This boosts your numbers to a level which is great for e-peen stroking, but does not provide any useful information as to what your build is capable of.
here you go parse God, 5 minutes no adrenal over 1900 dps... for the record it was a bit over 2000 before i stoped but lost 50 dps waiting for the dummies to drop aggro

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...=0,f=2,t=1,b=1

Narcith
09.28.2012 , 08:00 PM | #24
I'm pretty sure the only reason the 2/16/23 DF/SAB Hybrid even keeps up with pure DF is because shock charge adds an extra bleed tick to Wounding Shots when it shouldn't, its not a bleed but is a dot.

Shrap bomb and Vital shot both state they are bleeds in their tooltip. Whereas shock charge is a charge that electrocutes the target periodically for energy damage, not internal damage.

Video for proof - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3PicR65TE

Try it yourself on the training dummy

Interrogation probe on my sniper does not give the same effect.. I reckon its a bug and shouldn't be adding to Wounding shots but its been around since release so who knows.

IrishChu
09.28.2012 , 08:08 PM | #25
Nice bump on the post. Impressed by your numbers without the adrenal Wlliam. 596K over 5min

It has been awhile since my last round of parsing numbers on ops dummy. Full BiS now and in DF spec listed in sig, I was pulling 585K fairly consistently which is good for a 1950ish dps. (with adrenal). Tried once without adrenal and actually messed up from the queue ability but pulled a 540K. These are all 5min parses.

So i switched to the sab/df spec which I have known about but just never bothered with. Attemped about 10 parses and must say that it seems vastly different. I tried following your rotation, and it works well one run through with cool head, the 2nd run starts running into energy issues, and by the third i have to drop SS and just flurry. I see what you mean by getting in sab nade before the wounding shots, as they both come up of CD at the same time. So I started 3 the dots, wait on the sab (like 1 second) then pound with wounding shots.

Interesingly on my first real attempt, i pulled a 583K WIITHOUT adrenal. almost higher than the DF I was pulling with adrenal. Second attempt was 540K, third attempt was 580K. Figured I would give it shot with the adrenal, and thought it was my best attempt, and it only came out to 560K, very confused/disappointed. Not going to go much about the numbers since I only have tried the spec for an hour.

What I have noticed with the sab/df spec is the wide variance of numbers I was getting. This may be due to not knowing the rotation inside and out. but nonetheless, it appears to have a higher ceiling, but also drops off quicker too if you mess up.

More importanly about the rotation, I feel the sab/df has huge energy swings. I was easily dropping to the lower 20% range of energy and popping back up to 80% energy in a short time. The three dots alone, are 20 energy each, then sab charge, then wounding shots, then the energy comes storming back. But the following rotations is where i find to have trouble when there is no cool head/illegal mods, and sab charge is on cd. The energy regen just isnt there to cover the cost of the 3 dots.

Compared to the full DF, energy always seems to be above the 50% mark. 2 dots at 20 energy, free Hemm shot, then wounding and your constantly in the above 60% high energy regen. allows for burst and recover with cool head.

But i cannot deny that without adrenal i topped what i was doing with DF. So I will keep at it, and from here on i will always be using the rakata stim and the rakata adrenal. It too confusing to compare numbers without them since anyone that is legit is either using biochem or using exotech so parse with them and stop complaining in my opinion.

586K over 5min with adrenal, full DF
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo.../1#d=0,t=1,b=1

583K first attempt with sab/df no adrenal

580K third attempt with sab/df no adrenal

I cant seem to keep up with the number of Speed Shots, even with my spec i have 41% crit, and 20 less power.
Thanks for the info.
Braedenz - 55 Gunslinger - Prophecy of the Five

IrishChu
09.28.2012 , 08:09 PM | #26
oh and btw, how do you get askmrrobot to show your parse in seconds, mine always show up at .9 hours.
Braedenz - 55 Gunslinger - Prophecy of the Five

DenonSix
09.29.2012 , 03:12 PM | #27
Isn't the Ops Dummy going to skew the numbers in favor of DF/Sab Hybrid over Pure DF, given that the Ops dummy never drops below 30% health to get the +15% bleed damage pure DF does?

Also, without Nice Try using Sab/DF hybrid, you run the risk of clipping the 2nd Wounding Shot and having a DPS loss. This is controllable on the dummy obviously with only the rotation to worry about, but would seem to be more prevalent in real world boss fights due to movement and other mechanics requiring more flexibility.

RichardSkywalk
09.29.2012 , 04:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DenonSix View Post
Isn't the Ops Dummy going to skew the numbers in favor of DF/Sab Hybrid over Pure DF, given that the Ops dummy never drops below 30% health to get the +15% bleed damage pure DF does?

Also, without Nice Try using Sab/DF hybrid, you run the risk of clipping the 2nd Wounding Shot and having a DPS loss. This is controllable on the dummy obviously with only the rotation to worry about, but would seem to be more prevalent in real world boss fights due to movement and other mechanics requiring more flexibility.
i dont have any problems with it my self, if you look up a couple post i have a mox key were you can see my numbers on Nightmare pilgrim and EC HM, that will give you a idea on what kinda numbers im doing in ops

Synavix
09.29.2012 , 06:21 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DenonSix View Post

Your first part is correct. There was a post about it on SWTOR Mechanics a while back with how much of an average DPS gain/loss the talent is for an average boss. I don't remember exacts, but its a very situational talent (as far as theory crafting goes; it's obviously a must-have for a pure DF spec).

When I ran the hybrid I didn't often have issues clipping, but the energy issues on fights where you have to target swap on demand makes the spec difficult to master without dropping a lot of DPS, and the overall potential benefit wasn't enough for me to make it a permanent progression spec. I had a few of my best parses running 4/5 man EV/KP HMs with this spec, but those were basically live target dummy parses, and didn't beat out a pure DF spec by anything more than what could be attributed to RNG.

Don't take this as me being against the spec -- it definitely has its potential. I just feel it's a far stronger spec as a farming/overgeared spec where the group knows what it's doing and has more leeway with target swapping and such.

Kreavus
10.02.2012 , 02:25 PM | #30
Dirty fighting is what I am
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.