Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

Ejou
08.10.2012 , 03:21 AM | #11
Ok, im now hitting between 1600 and 1700 but to be honest, i REALLY need to refine my rotation so im sure i can improve drastically!
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse

IrishChu
08.10.2012 , 06:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ejou View Post
Cheers. Doesn't seem to be much difference between the 2 of us. Just the adrenals That I don't use on dummy's. Think that could add 100 DPS??

I also use fryingtime to parse my damage because mrrobot for some reason won't tell you your DPS on a dummy!

For example, the 1 you have listed as 1875 shows a fight time of 0.09 hrs. 0.09 x 60 = 5.4 mins which = 324 seconds. That then has your DPS as 1735.

Might be worth looking at other parsers for the dummy.

There is still a gap there though for me to bridge so I'll give it a shot later with adrenals.
I always wait to be out of combat, close the combat logging, then upload the file. There is some additional time waiting to get out of combat thought usually not 24 seconds, more along the line of 8-10s. Again i try to end with no DoTs applied but the numbers may be padded by "Nice Try" but the effects are slight, maybe 1K damage at best.

Using the adrenal twice would definitely increase your dps by atleast 100 over a 5min fight.
Braedenz - 55 Gunslinger - Prophecy of the Five

Felkroth
08.11.2012 , 05:38 PM | #13
Regarding PVE endgame raiding:

So, my DF rotation is keeping wounding shots on cooldown, hemo on cooldown, sab charge on cooldown, and XS Flyby on cooldown...and speed shots and flurry are fillers and energy management....I really haven't thought to bother with any other abilities in the rotation, and any advice is welcome...I'm two weeks new to gunslinger class, full campagin gear, and my parsing is weak. My stats are all over the place, as I'm just starting the process of remodding.

so I open XS Flyby->Flourish->Vital->Shrap->Hemo->Wounding->->Sab charge->Speedshot->Wounding->

Flurry of Bolts,Cool head, and Illegal mods are woven in obviously for energy management.

A question...Nice Try appears like crap...15% of the dmg of the orginal, lol. Do people not take it? Most builds I've read all over this forum still spec into it...

So my question...if you are running a fairly tight rotation, keeping what you need on cooldown and hitting wounding everytime its up....roughly how many times should you be using wounding before refreshing your dots? I want to refresh dots before Nice Try, so it seems like you can hit Wounding Shots roughly 3 times before you go about refreshing vital shot and shrap.

Please help. My parsing is sad, and even tho my stats are pretty bad even in campagin gear, its hard to imagine I'm 400-500 dps off just because of stats.

Bonus Dmg: 791
Crit: 42%
Crit Multipler: 66%
Cunning: 2070
Accuracy: 115%

Synavix
08.11.2012 , 07:36 PM | #14
Aside from dropping some accuracy for more surge in your gear, you seem to be on the right track with everything else. One thing you *can* work into your rotation is Aimed shot (when you have a few seconds for more filler, plenty of energy, and everything else is on CD), but that won't make a huge difference, since in most fights with movement you'll only have time in your rotation for a few, if any.

Regarding Nice Try: The reason I take it is twofold. The biggest thing is for filler to get up to Hemo. There just isn't anything better. The other reason being that on a fight like Gharj, where you're moving and/or switching targets, it can add up to a substantial amount of extra damage if you don't time your DoTs right to last the entire movement phase. Another use would be on a fight like Tanks, where you can let your DoTs roll on a secondary target while primarily DPSing the other.

Edit: You are right about reapplying your DoTs though. Ideally you reapply immediately after the last tick of the full DoT finishes, which works out to two Wounding Shots per cycle, the first with Hemo applied immediately prior.

CitizenFry
08.13.2012 , 11:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Felkroth View Post
I open XS Flyby->Flourish->Vital->Shrap->Hemo->Wounding->->Sab charge->Speedshot->Wounding->
For trash fights, that's fine. For bosses, you want to be regenning energy while Flyby is casting. I think a more typical boss fight opening would be

Shrap Bomb -> Vital Shot -> Hemo Blast -> Wounding Shots -> XS Flyby -> Speed Shots -> Wounding Shots -> ...
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

eventidephoenix
08.13.2012 , 11:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
For trash fights, that's fine. For bosses, you want to be regenning energy while Flyby is casting. I think a more typical boss fight opening would be

Shrap Bomb -> Vital Shot -> Hemo Blast -> Wounding Shots -> XS Flyby -> Speed Shots -> Wounding Shots -> ...
yeap i do exactly that... I usually use Hemo first just so that in case I need to regen energy by allowing nice try to persist while still using wounding shots (this is NOT a good idea, but sometimes when required....)... just a habit so I remember that the next 10 dots had better be full damage ones

Lightning_
08.14.2012 , 05:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
yeap i do exactly that... I usually use Hemo first just so that in case I need to regen energy by allowing nice try to persist while still using wounding shots (this is NOT a good idea, but sometimes when required....)... just a habit so I remember that the next 10 dots had better be full damage ones
WS will eat up all your Hemo charges anyway...

Jintok
08.25.2012 , 09:01 PM | #18
Am considering making this switch, and accept based on other's research that over time the dirty fighting spec can produce more overall dmg.
Will obviously dummy-test it, but assuming the five minute dps numbers are ~10% higher than sharpshooter, my question is whether, in current raid scenarios, the long term damage is still superior when considering boss fight situations such as:

1) the need for burst dmg on Keph's bombers
2) the need for burst dmg on Keph's walker
3) reflective damage situations like Toth/Zorn's fearful, or NP-dog's bloodmark -- if you're using a DoT spec and get one of these debuffs, do the ongoing ticks of dmg kill you?

I'm using Campaign/BH, bit more crit % than probably optimal. I typically do 10% less dmg than our (very good) sentinel, but stack up well to the other dps in our raids which recently finished EC hardmode.

Ejou
08.26.2012 , 01:17 AM | #19
1) never had a problem with bombers. I tend to get out 1x WS and then a speed shot/quick draw.

2) start "setting up" as the bomb carrier runs to the droid. Drop your debuffs on him etc and as soon as he's vulnerable you hurt him up. So no problem there either.

3) fearful debuff is slightly trickier than in SS. Only slightly though. You can still stay at about 33m to do WS/AS/Sped shot. You only need to be -30m for throwing dots on and Sab charge. If you know the fight and positioning, you can sit at 29m the whole time safely.

Still 3) To answer your question though, when they jump together, Toth cleanses zorn (removes his DoTs) BUT if you are specced for "nice try" like 99% of PvE DFers, the 'weak' versions of both DoTs are applied. And this will damage you a lot. It's possible to survive if you pop def screen and get lots of love from your healer though!
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse

tomofoureleven
08.26.2012 , 04:06 AM | #20
-Any dots which were applied before receiving a reflective damage debuff will not hurt you
-Switching targets frequently/killing adds is much harder as dirty fighting
-Flourish shot is a low energy move which will not increase your dots damage. Therefore applying it before your dots is really unnecessary.
-Having the 2piece pvp set bonus makes XS freighter by far your most powerful DPS even without the set bonus it is your best, so use it, start the fight with it (with coolhead)
-Aimed shot should only be used as a filler if energy is real tight and with a proper rotation is unneeded

-In between wounding shots you should be either:
A) reapply dots +hemo blast +flurry of bolts///
B) speed shot + filler + flurry of bolts
C) XS flyby +flurry X2///
(Fillers are sabcharge and autocrit charger burst)
Toomm Scoundrel
Tomoit Gunslinger.
Tomoi Sentinel
Tomee Powertech