Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

IrishChu
08.08.2012 , 07:08 AM | #1
Been MM since January. Im full Campaing/BH.

On an ops dummy over 5min, my best dps was 1715 using full MM.

just switch to DF last night and hit 1875 dps on second attempt. Can't wait to try it in raid tonight.
Braedenz - 55 Gunslinger - Prophecy of the Five

Synavix
08.08.2012 , 10:37 PM | #2
I've been switching back and forth between pure SS, DF, and DF/Sab. I haven't noticed a huge difference, but I remember thinking the same thing when I first went DF. I still feel more comfortable as SS, which is my preferred spec when helping progression groups or bad pugs, just because I feel a lot more useful on phases such as Tank shields and Kaphess bombardiers (its the short burst that most groups I run with seem to lack), but I'm growing more and more fond of DF in general with my normal group, and DF/Sab is looking especially tempting after I parsed some great numbers in a 4man EV hardmode tonight.

Marak
08.09.2012 , 09:45 AM | #3
I'm certainly not pulling 1800, but then again I'm about a half a tier behind you OP, but yeah I sympathize with this post.

I pull about 1650ish as df/sab in Rakata/BH.

I do a little worse with pure DF (1500ish), but in all honesty I haven't mastered the rotation yet.

I do significantly worse (1300ish) as full SS.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

omNOMNOMinator
08.09.2012 , 11:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
I'm certainly not pulling 1800, but then again I'm about a half a tier behind you OP, but yeah I sympathize with this post.

I pull about 1650ish as df/sab in Rakata/BH.

I do a little worse with pure DF (1500ish), but in all honesty I haven't mastered the rotation yet.

I do significantly worse (1300ish) as full SS.
Same here. I am full BH slowly working towards the ideal gear with black hole gear mods - an interesting note: campaign gear is completely unnecessary for the Gunslinger unless you want it for the set bonus armoring.

I used to do 1200-1300 now I do 1500-1600 because I switched to DF/Sab.

Best spec for Gunslinger: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#70...MhdZrI0bRoZb.2

Hope that works. I would like to compare it to pure Dirt Fighting. The Hemorrhaging Blast is not as beneficial as the Shock Charge and the Insurrection is magic for energy regen so I can imagine this spec is better than pure DF always.

A question: does Shock Charge count as a bleed? Does it amplify Wounding Shots? If not then should shock charge go before or afte Wounding Shots in an opener.

My current opener:
Flourish Shot - Shrap Bomb - Vital Shot - Shock Charge - Wounding Shots - Sabotage Charge
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Synavix
08.09.2012 , 12:04 PM | #5
It does *not* count as an extra bleed effect, but being relatively new to the spec, I'm not sure what an ideal rotation might look like. I'd imagine putting all 3 up at the same time would be the cleanest rotation, but switching it up a bit might make a difference with energy regen.

Ejou
08.09.2012 , 03:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by IrishChu View Post
Been MM since January. Im full Campaing/BH.

On an ops dummy over 5min, my best dps was 1715 using full MM.

just switch to DF last night and hit 1875 dps on second attempt. Can't wait to try it in raid tonight.
any chance you can post your Spec/Rotation.AskMrRobot gear?

I only ask because im Full campaign with black hole mods to remod myself. Im fairly new to DF but i can only seem to hit about 1600 (except for one parse where i hit 1991 DPS but i suspect that is because Guss Tuno was doing DPS too!!)

My current Rotation is:
Flourish > Vital > Hemo > Shrap Bomb > WoundingShot > Sab Charge > Speed Shot>Wounding Shot
then
Vital > Hemo > Shrap Bomb > WoundingShot > Aimed Shot > Speed Shot>Wounding Shot

I dont Tend to need a flurry of bolts that often because my crit helps sustain my energy.

Be interested to see how i can improve though. I definitely feel Dirty Fighting is the BEST spec overall for Gunslinger (my opinion) so Id love to perfect it. Please feel free to pick me apart.
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse

Synavix
08.09.2012 , 03:36 PM | #7
I use:

Shrap -> Vital -> Hemo -> Wounding -> Filler -> More Fillers (as time allows) -> Wounding -> Repeat

Keep flourish up, otherwise use XS, Speed Shot, Sab Charge for fillers on cooldowns, and occasionally you'll be able to fit in an Aimed Shot. Replace with Flurry as needed.

Make sure to get both DoTs up before you Hemo, then Wounding right after and you'll be able to fit in another Wounding just before you need to reapply your DoTs (replace weakened versions right away in your normal rotation) and repeat. Don't waste energy or a GCD on Flourish if you don't need to, if someone else is applying it in their normal rotation (guardians or gunnery commandos).

IrishChu
08.09.2012 , 11:38 PM | #8
Spec/Gear : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-f783f6a6ef46

1850 DPS: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ew#d=0,t=1,b=1

1875 DPS: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ew#d=0,t=1,b=1

I use a somewhat crude method by starting 5min timer on my cell phone, dps the ops dummy, then stop when timer goes off. Take the total damage and divide by 300 seconds. (try my best to end with no dots up). this method works best to counter the ops dummy out of combat glitchyness, though that doesn't seem to happen anymore with DF and constant DoTs.

Rotation:
Start with heavy burst
XS Freighter Flyb - Shrap Bomb - Vital shot - Illegal Mods - Power Adrenal - Hemorrhaging Blast - Wounding Shots - Sabotage Charge - Cool Head - Speed Shot - Wounding Shots - Aimed Shot

Fall into a sustaining rotation
Shrap Bomb - Vital Shot - Hemorrhaging Blast - Wounding Shots - Speed Shot - filler - Wounding Shots - filler

for fillers, use flurry of botls to conserve energy, or sabo charge/aimed shot/ charged burst / XSFF for higher dps.
There definitely seems to be much more of a variety in rotations with DF compared to a very static rotation in Sharpshooter. Sometimes, I go for a third Wounding Shot based if I'm near the end of a burn phase / dmg boost instead of simply restarting after the 2nd Wounding shot.
Braedenz - 55 Gunslinger - Prophecy of the Five

Ejou
08.10.2012 , 02:06 AM | #9
Cheers. Doesn't seem to be much difference between the 2 of us. Just the adrenals That I don't use on dummy's. Think that could add 100 DPS??

I also use fryingtime to parse my damage because mrrobot for some reason won't tell you your DPS on a dummy!

For example, the 1 you have listed as 1875 shows a fight time of 0.09 hrs. 0.09 x 60 = 5.4 mins which = 324 seconds. That then has your DPS as 1735.

Might be worth looking at other parsers for the dummy.

There is still a gap there though for me to bridge so I'll give it a shot later with adrenals.

Ejou
08.10.2012 , 02:42 AM | #10
I just recorded a 1843 but in hindsight it was on the normal combat dummy (duhhh) so im gonna try again on the ops one!