Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exchange Daily Comms for Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Exchange Daily Comms for Cartel Coins

ChazDoit
08.08.2012 , 06:51 AM | #1
I want to suggest the idea of players beign able to Exchange their Daily Commendations for Cartel Coins. Currently there are a lot players that think that Daily Quests are not very exciting and while that is in part because of the design of the quests, it also has to do with the facts that the rewards are not very exciting either, if you offer the possibility of exchanging those comms for Cartel Coins it makes endgame much more interesting because it means you will be able to unlock all kinds of cool stuff.

The biggest argumentI can think against this Idea is: "If Bioware lets you exchange Daily Comms for CC they will not make as much money"

This is true, but only if they give you way too many Coins for your Daily Comms, if they make it a small ammount they can keep people engaged with the endgame with the promise of being able to Unlock cosmetic items or even content. One of the Addictive features of League of Legends is that if you play tons of matches you will have enough points to buy New Champions, champions are actually one of the sources of revenue for LoL but by giving the possibility of getting them for free, they keep people hooked with the game.

Also I hear that in Guild Wars 2 you will be able to buy their RMT currency (I belive its called Gems) with gold, and while I think thats a good idea because that will keep many people playing the game, I think selling them for gold can be negative because this will encourage Gold Farmers, Chest Farmers, Bots and people could easily resort to exploits to get tons of Gold/Credits, on the other hand there is a Limited Ammount of Daily quest you can do per day, so your income is limited, and yes you can do Dailies with all of your alts, but you would have to purchase character slots if you want to do that

What do you guys think? will this be good for players that are already playing the game? will this keep you subscribed until they go free-to-play? I'd would appreciate to hear some opinions without too much trolling

Thanks

Twickers
08.08.2012 , 09:17 PM | #2
I like it, why not include those useless as anything tionese crystals in there too?

Thufir_Hawat
08.09.2012 , 12:48 AM | #3
In EVE Online you can even buy or sell game subscription time using in game currency earnt from gaming. I think encouraging people to do dailies and more importantly FPs is a good move as it will help people on activities that should be done in groups rather than solo. Thumbs up.

ChazDoit
08.09.2012 , 02:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Thufir_Hawat View Post
In EVE Online you can even buy or sell game subscription time using in game currency earnt from gaming. I think encouraging people to do dailies and more importantly FPs is a good move as it will help people on activities that should be done in groups rather than solo. Thumbs up.
Yeah, the possibility of getting stuff for free is the biggest carrot on a stick you can think of, sure, not everyone will want to work so hard to get it, so many people will prefer to buy it outright, you know instant gratification.

Pandemoniac
08.10.2012 , 06:51 PM | #5
How about they give SUBSCRIBERS the ability to exchange Daily Comms for Cartel Coins? Those of us who have stacks of Daily Comms and nothing left to buy with them would be happy and Bioware won't have to worry about losing that much money.

ChazDoit
08.12.2012 , 07:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pandemoniac View Post
How about they give SUBSCRIBERS the ability to exchange Daily Comms for Cartel Coins? Those of us who have stacks of Daily Comms and nothing left to buy with them would be happy and Bioware won't have to worry about losing that much money.
Any kind of mehcanic that allows player to earn Cartel Coins through gameplay will keep people hooked with the game, I suggested the Daily Comms because that way you reward all the current subscribers that have lots of commendations, but any other type of mechanic would be great too!

Mdgshorty
08.13.2012 , 12:25 AM | #7
I am down for this as long as both f2p and paid subscribers get to do this.
Sparkal - Scoundrel - Begeren Colony - Enduring Dawn - Smuggler Lead
Sparkala - Scoundrel - Shadowlands

7 Days free subscription time + free stuff = http://www.swtor.com/r/nKJJWc

Lithium-
08.15.2012 , 10:54 AM | #8
Good idea but should only apply to those people who pay to play the game. If anyone has played TF2 once it went F2P it initially pissed off many people including myself who paid 40 dollars for it way back. However in doing so they constantly release new gear sets, items and hats people can buy or find (albeit extremely hard to find). The Cartel Coins are meant to be a currency players can use to unlock game content or customizeable features/items. At least that's what the devs say as of now. For people who pay all that content is unlocked for free and we can use our coins on items or whatever else they decide to toss out.
Mardak - Sith Assassin - Madness - Prophecy of the Five
Mardakk - Jedi Sentinel - Watchman - Prophecy of the Five
Camulus - Commando - Gunnery - Prophecy of the Five

GyllenDrage
08.22.2012 , 04:33 AM | #9
Star trek online allows you to exchange dilithium for cash shop coins, they limit you to being able to refine upto 8k dilithium a day I think it is, and someone has to have bought the cash shop coins and put them up on the market, so regardless of how you get the coins, someone has payed for them at some point (except the stipend lifetime subs get).

(also my info on this may be a little old, haven't played STO since the beginning of the year, but that is how it worked then)

BenjaminminU
08.22.2012 , 07:05 AM | #10
How about 10xTionese Crystals for 1 Cartel Coin?

And the same ratio of Daily comms, so 10 of those gets you one cartel coin, that way people can earn coins at a reasonable rate, while still not eliminating the convenience of just buying them.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51