Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Are ***** < - spoilers for SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Jedi Are ***** < - spoilers for SWTOR

lironBD
08.08.2012 , 04:37 AM | #1
Spoilers forum so expect massive spoilers..

so far I've finished the game with Sith inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Bounty hunter, Trooper and I've leveled beyond the first planet the other classes.

From flashpoints and mostly the bounty hunter story I get it that in this game lore wise the Jedi are ***** and pain in the *** for everyone else.

Why?

In bounty hunter story more so as it seems that after killing their general they are willing to preform acts of murder in order to exact revenge (Sith bit no?) in order to get one individual (the BH) whic at least in my case told those ***** that they should name place and time and I'll jump by to fus ru dah their ***.

weird.

anyone else got this feeling?
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Atramar
08.08.2012 , 05:17 AM | #2
Ha, I loved BH story line.

It jsut showed that both side have corruption and douche bags on leader positions.
I hated BH enemies from chap 1 and 3 to the bone for things they did

Captain_Zone
08.08.2012 , 09:48 AM | #3
Yeah, Jun Seros was so corrupt, he didn't even realize how corrupt he was. At least with ol' Nomen Karr (SW story), he visibly fell to the dark side. Seros was even worse, STILL believing he'd done the right thing with his dying breath. What a tool!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Maaruin
08.08.2012 , 10:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
so far I've finished the game with Sith inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Bounty hunter, Trooper and I've leveled beyond the first planet the other classes.

From flashpoints and mostly the bounty hunter story I get it that in this game lore wise the Jedi are ***** and pain in the *** for everyone else.
You have played Jedi Knight and base you opinion about the Jedi on the Bounty Hunter's story?

Sorry, but at least in the Bounty Hunter's and Sith Warrior's story the Jedi are horribly missrepresented to make the player feel better about killing them.

You have met enough Jedi in the Jedi Knight story to know how they really are: Master Orgus, Master Tol Braga, Master Satele, Master Kiwiks.
And of course also Master Jaric Kaedan. Kaedan is more aggressive and unfriedly, but you see that he is a minority and that he is still not as arrogant as the Jedi in the BH story.

In general: Don't trust the Empire's story to represent Jedi correctly and better also don't trust the republic stories to represent Sith correctly. (But I think the Jedi Knight story does a good job in showing how Sith are. Also how different they can be.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Varium
08.08.2012 , 12:23 PM | #5
On the BH story you can tell them that killing their friends wasn't jedi like and they will say that they asked them to surrender but they didn't so they didn't have any other choice.
50 V Legacy

Captain_Zone
08.08.2012 , 12:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
On the BH story you can tell them that killing their friends wasn't jedi like and they will say that they asked them to surrender but they didn't so they didn't have any other choice.
So that justifies cutting and gunning down unarmed people? There were quite a few bodies on that floor, and not all of them had weapons. In fact, Jewl'a's body wasn't even armed, and she'd been shot in the back. REAL Jedi-like, there. Besides, Jedi have been known to lie and bend the truth for their own ends. Just because a character says it doesn't make it true. They'd obviously been ambushed.

The Jedi crossed the line, and made business personal. The Jedi don't believe in revenge, but that's what the whole of Chapter 3 was. Revenge of the Jedi on the BH.
. OPOD

Ranadiel_Marius
08.08.2012 , 09:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
The Jedi crossed the line, and made business personal. The Jedi don't believe in revenge, but that's what the whole of Chapter 3 was. Revenge of the Jedi on the BH.
Oh yes the "whole of Chapter 3" was entirely about Jedi taking revenge. Hunting down a guy trying to keep a prison riot under control, truly horrible vengence from the Jedi. Hunting down a woman researching the history of the Voss, the terror that is the vengence of the Jedi strikes yet again! Hunting down an old man who wishes to prevent the war from spiralling out of control, truly there is nothing that compares to the horror and fury that is the vengence of the Jedi!
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Captain_Zone
08.09.2012 , 09:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Oh yes the "whole of Chapter 3" was entirely about Jedi taking revenge. Hunting down a guy trying to keep a prison riot under control, truly horrible vengence from the Jedi. Hunting down a woman researching the history of the Voss, the terror that is the vengence of the Jedi strikes yet again! Hunting down an old man who wishes to prevent the war from spiralling out of control, truly there is nothing that compares to the horror and fury that is the vengence of the Jedi!
There's a little thing called "context". I suggest you look into it. Those things the BH does during chapter 3 are because Darth Tormen has you on a very short leash, and you can choose to be as humane as possible. I took them all alive to give them a chance to escape later. You basically get pressed into service for Darth Tormen, and don't get a chance to rebel until you meet with the Supreme Chancellor. Just because you played it dark side, doesn't mean everyone else did.
. OPOD

lokdron
08.09.2012 , 01:51 PM | #9
Does not matter if you are LS or DS the BH is still a criminal.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Ranadiel_Marius
08.09.2012 , 07:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
There's a little thing called "context". I suggest you look into it. Those things the BH does during chapter 3 are because Darth Tormen has you on a very short leash, and you can choose to be as humane as possible. I took them all alive to give them a chance to escape later. You basically get pressed into service for Darth Tormen, and don't get a chance to rebel until you meet with the Supreme Chancellor. Just because you played it dark side, doesn't mean everyone else did.
.....LMAO. I took like three maybe four dark side choices accross the class storylines on my 8 characters. None of those were on my BH. And in case you are curious all but one of those DS were related to....romantic relationships. The one that wasn't was a mistake caused by trying every dialogue option in an atempt to save a character.

Anyways, I see you missed the point I was making. Probably because I was going more for humor than making the point and it was probably in response to a minor point to begin with. I'll try to do this again with a lot less snark. Chapter 3 of the BH storyline is not about the revenge of the Jedi. Chapter 3 is about the BH's revenge on the Jedi. Even if you are playing it LS the focus of the storyline is on the BH's doing what needs to be done in order to get his revenge.

And I hardly think you can make a blanket statement that the Jedi were out for revenge. A single Jedi was arguably out for revenge. The others were hunting down what they believed to be a dangerous threat to the Republic. I mean the BH does take down a battleship, that probably makes him more accomplished than most Lords of the Sith and probably a decent chunk of the Darths. The BH might not have done everythign that Jun said that he did, but his rap sheet is still fairly long without those additions.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)