Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage Marauders/Combat Sentinels Roots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Carnage Marauders/Combat Sentinels Roots

dcgregorya
08.08.2012 , 07:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosch View Post
This is more than adequately made up for by their damage second only to pyrotechs and gamebreaking survivabilty. They shouldn't have it all and they do. Speaking only on Carnage/Combat by the way.
A carnage marauder's damage is actually less sustained than a concealment operative and by extension, a sniper, a sorceror, a pyro powertech, an arsenal mercenary, both the assassin DPS specs and naturally an annilation marauder. In addition to that, they have pretty much nothing in the way of AOE.

So take it for what it is, the specialization is built for control, utility and short-duration burst. It's brutal in RWZ and on good pick-up groups but it does not put out damage and does not have the survivability that rage and annihilation marauders have.

Missandei
08.08.2012 , 08:09 AM | #22
everyone finds something in Maras to complain about.
My 5 cents is a damage that bypass armor.
4-5K regular hits on a FULL WH geared TANK is a little over bit...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

WaywardOne
08.08.2012 , 08:17 AM | #23
C'mon... PACIFY is the most way OP sentinel ability. Someone make a thread!

Pvtcarnage
08.08.2012 , 08:57 AM | #24
The crying never ends, I: think all the complainers need to go back to wow and play the mess they left their with nerfs
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

EternalMarvel
08.08.2012 , 09:03 AM | #25
I play a carnage marauder and I've never come close to keeping anyone rooted for 9 seconds. I hardly ever even land the 3rd ravage hit. There's just too much CC getting thrown around. The only ones I usually can hit with it are guardians, and it does pitiful damage to them. On my sage or scoundrel, I find it much easier to deal with a carnage marauder than annihilation. Maybe you can't run away from carnage roots, but trying to run away from annihilation just means a swift death. So why do I play carnage? I like making my team run super fast, and killing with DoTs just doesn't seem very marauder-y to me.

bbare
08.08.2012 , 09:09 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosch View Post
I'm sure it's been discussed before and I'm sure it will be discussed again, but it seems to be one of the lesser complaints about the class. While everyone cries for nerfs to Undying Rage because they don't know what they are talking about, a much more glaring problem stares us all right in the face. This spec as the ability to root a target for 8 or 9(I'm not sure on the duration of leap's root) seconds at a time when the right set of abilities are chained together. Leap roots target for 2-3 seconds (again, not sure), Ravage for an additional 3(although can be defended against with stuns and knockbacks) and whatever the healing debuff is called roots the target for another 3. What this means is that even at full resolve, a carnage mara/ combat sent can keep you immobilized for 8 seconds. 8 seconds! No other class in the game has the ability to control another player for that long. Not to mention for 3 of those seconds you're getting hit by Ravage, the hardest hitting ability in the game. Surely I'm not the only one who sees a problem with this.

inb4 maras come in here and complain about sniper roots.
One simple interrupt and ravage turns into a wet noodle.

kweassa
08.08.2012 , 09:12 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalMarvel View Post
I play a carnage marauder and I've never come close to keeping anyone rooted for 9 seconds. I hardly ever even land the 3rd ravage hit. There's just too much CC getting thrown around. The only ones I usually can hit with it are guardians, and it does pitiful damage to them. On my sage or scoundrel, I find it much easier to deal with a carnage marauder than annihilation. Maybe you can't run away from carnage roots, but trying to run away from annihilation just means a swift death. So why do I play carnage? I like making my team run super fast, and killing with DoTs just doesn't seem very marauder-y to me.
While I do not agree with you that there are too much CC in the game, the point you brought up is valid.

The thing is, in these kind of whiney posts, for some reason it is ALWAYS the WORST possible scenario the whiner assumes. I mean, in between the Force leap - Crippling Throw - MS... something like 6~7 seconds of 3 skills used in a row, don't they fight back? No retaliation? Is the victim of the attack a walking sandbag? A crash-test dummy or something?

They always assume the most exotic, most fantastic, and most ruthless of enemy attacks and combos will always happen, and the enemy always succeeds in their attempt -- while the receiving end will always experienced the worst of results possible.

What's next? Rage/Focus mara/sentinels dealing too much AoE damage?

(ps) feeling bad, since it seems Combat/Carnage is now becoming the new FotM. Been using Combat/Carnage since when everyone "knew" the standard, best choice of sentinel/maras were Watchman/Annihilation. Always thought, and expressed that Combat/Carnage was always underrated, and its actually extremely versatile.

Now, the hordes are realizing it, and moving over to Combat/Carnage..

Meh... better change spec to Focus/Rage, now.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Pvtcarnage
08.08.2012 , 09:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
One simple interrupt and ravage turns into a wet noodle.
SSSSHHHHHHHHH let them cry, don't tell them how EASY it is to counter lol
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

kweassa
08.08.2012 , 09:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
SSSSHHHHHHHHH let them cry, don't tell them how EASY it is to counter lol
..unfortunately, about 80% of people in WZs are simply hopeless idiots, which are the same people who come here and whine about stuff. These people make it a habit to just throw down a CC without regard to the situation... and cannot even watch and observe an enemy under sleep/mez effects.

So what will happen is, against a sent/mara, they go "oh noes! CC him!" and just simply throw up whatever CC they have all around him, give him a nice instant full resolve, and then get hit by uninterruptable MS/Rvg.

Tragic, ain't it?
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Pvtcarnage
08.08.2012 , 09:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
..unfortunately, about 80% of people in WZs are simply hopeless idiots, which are the same people who come here and whine about stuff. These people make it a habit to just throw down a CC without regard to the situation... and cannot even watch and observe an enemy under sleep/mez effects.

So what will happen is, against a sent/mara, they go "oh noes! CC him!" and just simply throw up whatever CC they have all around him, give him a nice instant full resolve, and then get hit by uninterruptable MS/Rvg.

Tragic, ain't it?
Tragic for them >8)
But how they don't get it is beyond me. I would maybe believe some of these nerf stories if it was not for the fact that other players I play against have no problem dealing with the stuff they cry about.
-Darth Bane