Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage Marauders/Combat Sentinels Roots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Carnage Marauders/Combat Sentinels Roots

Cosch
08.08.2012 , 12:09 AM | #1
I'm sure it's been discussed before and I'm sure it will be discussed again, but it seems to be one of the lesser complaints about the class. While everyone cries for nerfs to Undying Rage because they don't know what they are talking about, a much more glaring problem stares us all right in the face. This spec as the ability to root a target for 8 or 9(I'm not sure on the duration of leap's root) seconds at a time when the right set of abilities are chained together. Leap roots target for 2-3 seconds (again, not sure), Ravage for an additional 3(although can be defended against with stuns and knockbacks) and whatever the healing debuff is called roots the target for another 3. What this means is that even at full resolve, a carnage mara/ combat sent can keep you immobilized for 8 seconds. 8 seconds! No other class in the game has the ability to control another player for that long. Not to mention for 3 of those seconds you're getting hit by Ravage, the hardest hitting ability in the game. Surely I'm not the only one who sees a problem with this.

inb4 maras come in here and complain about sniper roots.

Blasphemerr
08.08.2012 , 12:33 AM | #2
Yeah, they're a pain in the weewee in huttballs. And that is why we keep two in our rateds.
Something pretentious.

NogueiraA
08.08.2012 , 01:02 AM | #3
Let's talk about:

Sniper - 2 knockback + 2 root + 4sec stun + flashbang + 3 types of defense + highest damage.
Sorcerer - knockback + 4sec stun + whirlwind + roots + slows and slows.
Mercenary - 2 knockback + concussion missile + 4sec stun + slow.
Assassin tank - 2 stun + root + CC immunity + knockback + force speed.
Powertech - 1 4sec stun + 4sec aoe stun + slow + root

Are you talking about marauder yet?
Marauders have 1 (ONE) CC, wich breaks on damage and 2 roots ONLY in carnage tree, by Deadly Saber and Ravage.
Have no knockbacks, no stuns, immunity.

Cosch
08.08.2012 , 01:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Let's talk about:

Sniper - 2 knockback + 2 root + 4sec stun + flashbang + 3 types of defense + highest damage.

Marauders have 1 (ONE) CC, wich breaks on damage and 2 roots ONLY in carnage tree, by Deadly Saber and Ravage.
This is more than adequately made up for by their damage second only to pyrotechs and gamebreaking survivabilty. They shouldn't have it all and they do. Speaking only on Carnage/Combat by the way.

dronepilot
08.08.2012 , 01:18 AM | #5
Let's talk about:

"Force Speed" lol at that one.. means NOTHING against enemies who have a 30 meter target range, Force speed isn't anything, trust me.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Luxidenstore
08.08.2012 , 01:21 AM | #6
Let's talk about:

Powertech - 1 4sec stun + 2,5sec aoe stun (3 sec with combat tech set bonus) + slow + root (Only if in tank spec), Grapple

Marauders have 1 (ONE) CC, wich breaks on damage and 2 roots ONLY in carnage tree, by Deadly Saber and Ravage. And Force Choke, Charge Immobilization, 1 slow, 15% increased speed.
Fixed. You mentioned stuff like force speed and slows for other classes as well....
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

NoTomorrow
08.08.2012 , 01:25 AM | #7
Its probably the spec for the laziest and least skilled marauders out there. I guess bioware needs to cater to everyone in this game.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Brool
08.08.2012 , 01:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosch View Post
This is more than adequately made up for by their damage second only to pyrotechs and gamebreaking survivabilty. They shouldn't have it all and they do. Speaking only on Carnage/Combat by the way.
And by gamebreaking survivability do you mean, you are not smart enough to save 1 single stun for when you see those single digit numbers?

I mean really game breaking.. I laugh everytime I see that. It's so easy to counter that its laughable everytime I see someone complain about it.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Daikeru
08.08.2012 , 01:49 AM | #9
8 seconds? .... Shadow's or Scoundrels' spammable 8s mez? Consular's Lift or Smuggler's Flashbang? Sure we can do it when they have full resolve, but don't act like we're the only class that can keep someone still for 8s at a time. Better yet, in a mez they don't/can't fight back, but what about when we're rooting you?

Daikeru
08.08.2012 , 01:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
Yeah, they're a pain in the weewee in huttballs. And that is why we keep two in our rateds.
Shouldn't it be "Errbody in da club need nerfin'"? Maybe I'm not saying it right in my head, but that seems to flow better.