Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic Digital Upgrade Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The Old Republic Digital Upgrade Pack
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dealman
08.07.2012 , 11:13 PM | #1
Hey, I've just recently bought SW:TOR through Origin and later realized that I should have bought the Digital Deluxe Edition instead - while it was on sale.

Was kind of disappointed that I missed that, so I went ahead and did some research and saw in the FAQ that you can buy the Digital Upgrade Pack and since I live in Sweden it showed in a Pricing List that it would cost 29.99kr SEK. However when I proceed to actually buy it, it says in the "Cart" that I'm buying STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Upgrade Pack - 149.99kr SEK.

Why the sudden change? Am I missing something here? Is it showing the wrong price or something?

Sincerely,
Dealman.

darthtrunkmonkey
08.07.2012 , 11:38 PM | #2
well from my experience 149.99 is the cost of the CE, so maybe you might have to do a little more digging

Dealman
08.07.2012 , 11:56 PM | #3
This is the Pricing List I was talking about.

Speire
08.08.2012 , 12:08 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Dealman,

You should contact Origin about this, citing the price list you linked to.
They should then be able to help you further with this.

Thanks for your interest in Star Wars : The Old Republic.

Speire | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Dealman
08.08.2012 , 08:13 AM | #5
So I tried to get in contact with Origin, but EA's Support is quite the labyrinth to navigate through. So I eventually gave up and changed Country to Merikkuh so I could use the Live Chat.

The Live Chat actually re-directed me back to SW:TOR/BioWare. But told me to use the actual Support Form instead of the Forums, so I guess I'll go ahead and do so.

Speire
08.08.2012 , 08:28 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Dealman,

Please don't send a ticket to us despite what is stated on the Origin website. It is definitely them who you need to contact about this.

You can reach Origin customer support at the following number from Sweden:
  • Sweden: 08 44 68 00 04 (10:00-23:00)
Thanks.

Dealman
08.08.2012 , 11:02 AM | #7
Okay so I've talked with the Origin Support and as I understood it the problem is that I bought it through Origin and not SW:TOR's website itself.

Thus the Website for whatever reason won't recognize that I already own the Standard Edition and when I try to upgrade it thinks I'm trying to buy the Digital Deluxe Edition instead of the Upgrade?

The only option they could offer me would be to refund my Standard Edition and then buy Deluxe Edition. It's kind of disappointing if we who buy SW:TOR through Origin won't have the opportunity to buy the Upgrade Pack through this Website.

He did say he was gonna pass this information on to his seniors so they could talk with BioWare and maybe have the Upgrade Pack added to Origin.

Now that I've been bouncing between EA, BioWare and Origin I'd like to get some answers as to what to do.

Speire
08.09.2012 , 04:26 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Dealman,

That certainly does sound strange. The Origin website should have allowed you to buy the Upgrade rather than the Digital Deluxe version of the game.

Have you decided to follow through with Origin's offer to refund your Standard Edition in order to get the Digital Deluxe version?

I'm sure you already know but you should have no issue upgrading the game via the following link on our website: https://account.swtor.com/user/digitalupgrade

Thanks.

JediCahlwyn
08.09.2012 , 06:02 AM | #9
No offense to Bioware or the Devs but for the OP the items (aside from the free level 25 speeder) aren't worth it. As far as in-game promos go, they are pretty horrid. If you can get by without I would.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Acrolepsia
08.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Speire View Post
I'm sure you already know but you should have no issue upgrading the game via the following link on our website:
https://account.swtor.com/user/digitalupgrade
When I try to order the upgrade through swtor.com, the pricing isn't the same as the one on the FAQ

The price there is listed as being around 5~6 us dollars and yet, this is what I get:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2jfwp3k.jpg

Clarification, please?