Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR no longer going to Star Wars Celebration??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR no longer going to Star Wars Celebration??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SidneyFault
08.08.2012 , 04:59 PM | #61
Again this is nothing but insulting to a lot of the star wars fans out there... Its been 4 years since the last one and will probably be another 4 years till the next. And your excuse is we can't pare the staff. For many of us that make zero sense since this game is call STAR WARS and your not going to the ONLY all STAR WARS event for the last 4 years. that make no sense at all and never will. this is EXACTLY way you have zero creditability with the fanbase right now. Your ignoring the single most important event of the year for the entire franchise.

and like I said before I know people who gave up going to San Diego Comic Con because of how important this is. And yet your blowing it off like it was nothing of consequence.
May the 4th be with you!!!!!

pogmahone
08.08.2012 , 05:00 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I wanted to follow up a bit regarding Celebrations. We do apologize for any inconvenience but our dev team is hard at work on the game, and we just couldn’t spare the staff. We just completed Comic-Con and are preparing to attend Gamescom in Germany next week. Stay tuned for updates about future events.
Its classic, the only star wars mmo out and it cancels 2 weeks before the celebration.

SidneyFault
08.08.2012 , 05:16 PM | #63
it is beyond pathetic... someone should be getting fired over this. I hope Lucas Licensing and Lucas Arts is not happy about that. and I certainly hope that they light a fire under the devs butts to get them moving again. there is just no plausible excuse for this. I think its because they don't want to face a crowd of very unhappy people.. I think the devs just want to hide in their office and not face reality.
May the 4th be with you!!!!!

vojinsa
08.08.2012 , 05:16 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
You should still make it happen. Your fan-base is dying, day one 6-month subs are about to expire. Man up, stand by the commitment your company made, be professional. Don't bring many devs, just repeat the booth you're setting up at Gamescom.

SWTOR at Celebration VI. Make it happen.
they told you no so deal with it.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

ProsaicProse
08.08.2012 , 05:19 PM | #65
I dunno but... "hard at work on the game" sounds far more promising than "attending celebrations".

Emeda
08.08.2012 , 05:22 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
I dunno but... "hard at work on the game" sounds far more promising than "attending celebrations".
Hard at work doing what? They havent announced anything but F2P and how long has has it been?
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

ProsaicProse
08.08.2012 , 05:23 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
Hard at work doing what? They havent announced anything but F2P and how long has has it been?
*patpat*

DarkZeron
08.08.2012 , 05:24 PM | #68
They were hard working in the last 8 months as well, i gues hard has a different definition at Bioware Austin.
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

ElitehunterDS
08.08.2012 , 05:31 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
1.4 and an event starting.. like well very soon.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

pogmahone
08.08.2012 , 05:31 PM | #70
*patpat*
You a priest