Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR no longer going to Star Wars Celebration??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR no longer going to Star Wars Celebration??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

symke
08.08.2012 , 12:46 AM | #31
This is just another example of EA's terrible management. I guess they are not prepared to face some of their players and are hiding in their rabbit's hole and hoping future will fix everything .

QuickBunnie
08.08.2012 , 12:53 AM | #32
Wow. I just noticed this. I'm in the same position as the OP. I was only planning on spending a day at SW Celebration VI, but the primary reason for my planning my summer vacation around Orlando during SW Celebration VI was to check out what they had planned for SW:TOR. After the community team restructured, I even asked about this specifically:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
Will the community changes affect your events that are being planned? Since fans would need to buy tickets ahead of time, it would be nice to get a quick update if there were any changes.

Specifically, it was implied by David Bass and Stephen Reid that they were going to try to make the SW:TOR event at Star Wars: Celebration VI the 'big' event for the trade show season. Is this still the goal of the community team? Is it still an official SWTOR event?

Thanks for your update.

The events that were in David’s capable hands definitely still remain! You can look forward to seeing SWTOR at both San Diego Comic-con and Star Wars Celebration later this year. If I may steal your words, it is definitely the goal of the Community team that Star Wars: Celebration VI will be the ‘big’ event for the trade show season!
And now, less than a month from the event, it is quietly removed from the events page, and confirmed that Bioware will not be going to the event. There are many times where Bioware has not lived up to my expectations, but this is the first time I felt that Bioware was unprofessional. I have too many friends in this game to unsubscribe now, but my confidence in the company as a fans-first developer is gone. It is my honest assessment that a good developer would see through its commitments, especially to the fans who stuck with them when all else was failing.

I always hoped that SW:TOR would keep going for a long time even if the population was small - I thought that Bioware would care about the loyal fans who remained. I don't care what happens with the game anymore. I'll keep playing so long as my friends are, but that's because I'm loyal to my friends, no longer Bioware.

Tuscad
08.08.2012 , 12:58 AM | #33
Wow. I just noticed this. I'm in the same position as the OP. I was only planning on spending a day at SW Celebration VI, but the primary reason for my planning my summer vacation around Orlando during SW Celebration VI was to check out what they had planned for SW:TOR. After the community team restructured, I even asked about this specifically:

And now, less than a month from the event, it is quietly removed from the events page, and confirmed that Bioware will not be going to the event. There are many times where Bioware has not lived up to my expectations, but this is the first time I felt that Bioware was unprofessional. I have too many friends in this game to unsubscribe now, but my confidence in the company as a top tier developer is gone. It is my honest assessment that a AAA developer would see through its commitments, especially to the fans who stuck with them when all else was failing.

I always hoped that SW:TOR would keep going for a long time even if the population was small - I thought that Bioware would care about the loyal fans who remained. I don't care what happens with the game anymore. I'll keep playing so long as my friends are, but that's because I'm loyal to my friends, no longer Bioware.
This isn't the Bioware that you knew and loved, this is the illegitimate spawn of Bioware and EA. Promises shall not be kept and hype shall not be met.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Thondan
08.08.2012 , 01:58 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie
*snip*
Stop being so entitled!

Your points are not facts but opinions!

And your opinion is a minority!

This game is doing great!

Plenty of people are still playing!

Stop trolling the boards!

F2P will fix everything!

STOP BEING SO ENTITLED!

(...did I miss anything?)

Goretzu
08.08.2012 , 02:36 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post
This is just another example of EA's terrible management. I guess they are not prepared to face some of their players and are hiding in their rabbit's hole and hoping future will fix everything .
To be fair it's a no win situation for them and they have nothing to gain by going there only to be barracked by angry fans (and angry Sheldon's doing the head-explode stare at them ).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

LordTie
08.08.2012 , 02:46 AM | #36
if you wer e Bioware would you go people? Really they destroyed this genre and star wars fans would have their way with them. Might be even a public flogging. if they went. Plus who from the company will go. Is there anyone left to go?
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Crenshinibon
08.08.2012 , 04:12 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Thondan View Post
Stop being so entitled!

Your points are not facts but opinions!

And your opinion is a minority!

This game is doing great!

Plenty of people are still playing!

Stop trolling the boards!

F2P will fix everything!

STOP BEING SO ENTITLED!

(...did I miss anything?)
Being sarcastic? Hope so

Luxidenstore
08.08.2012 , 04:29 AM | #38
You got massively trolled by Bioware.

On a more serious note, I feel bad for you OP. I hope you'll have a good time at the event regardless, but I can't help but feel that this is a ****** move on Biowares part. Their communication really, really sucks. They need to improve heavily upon it and going F2P isn't going to be an excuse since there's still a subscribtion option.
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

SithEater
08.08.2012 , 05:08 AM | #39
This about sums it up for me, I thought that the game would keep going and given time to mature and become the game it always could have been, but apparently EA and BW gave up on it and more importantly on us.
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

Crenshinibon
08.08.2012 , 05:10 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEater View Post
This about sums it up for me, I thought that the game would keep going and given time to mature and become the game it always could have been, but apparently EA and BW gave up on it and more importantly on us.
It sure as hell feels that way doesn't it