Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for Planetary Destinations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ideas for Planetary Destinations

Ninnocenti
08.07.2012 , 12:29 PM | #1
I don't know if I'm alone here or not, but I really miss Kashyyk and Manaan. Those two planets were by far the most fun and most interesting in Kotor I. After reading the novel, I also became really interested in Nathema. I want nothing more than to see those planets in future updates. If I get enough replies then (chances are) Bioware and Lucas Arts will give it to us.
A true soldier (wether trooper, smuggler, or jedi) has the power to triumph over all. He or she just needs to remember what they're fighting for.

Aurbere
08.07.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2
I wouldn't mind going to Manaan. It depends on if the Selkath are still neutral. And with all out war in Chapter 3 and 4 it makes a neutral planet difficult to bring into concept in an MMO.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aximand
08.07.2012 , 12:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I wouldn't mind going to Manaan. It depends on if the Selkath are still neutral. And with all out war in Chapter 3 and 4 it makes a neutral planet difficult to bring into concept in an MMO.
There's a bunch of Selkath Jedi and Selkath Scientists. I don't think they're Neutral anymore.

That said, I would LOVE the chance to get revenge on those fishy bastards.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Ninnocenti
08.07.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4
I mean, just think about how unexplored manaan is (same for Kashyyk). And only 1 person lives that has ever looked upon Nathema's surface (scourge). These are places that should go public because they are interesting. I'm almost certain that more people would subscribe to see the places again.
A true soldier (wether trooper, smuggler, or jedi) has the power to triumph over all. He or she just needs to remember what they're fighting for.

Aurbere
08.07.2012 , 01:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
There's a bunch of Selkath Jedi and Selkath Scientists. I don't think they're Neutral anymore.

That said, I would LOVE the chance to get revenge on those fishy bastards.
True. I'm sure if we do ever go to Manaan they'll give some sort of background of the planets history.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
08.07.2012 , 02:59 PM | #6
Manaan was a mystery. It was one of the only planets I didnt know existed until KOTOR. I would love if it was expanded upon.

The only problem is, practically the entire planet is in water. We'd be swimming or most of our questing would take place in water caves? And have the taxi's take us through the water... I think that would be awesome...

Kashyyk would make total sense for it to be in the game versus most planets.

Considering the whole slaveyr business, it would make sense for the Emps to be there. And Reps would arrive and offer the wookiee's freedom for an alliance or something like that, I'm no writer... Also since sometime in between KOTOR and BoD(Brotherhood of Darkness) Kashyyk became an ally for the Republic... BW could explain that..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Ninnocenti
08.07.2012 , 03:49 PM | #7
Here's another idea. What about Malachor? I know Malachor V was destroyed by Meetra Surik and again by Meetra Surik, but from what I remember it was blown into four chunks. Those chunks may make a really good pvp area. Much like battle of Ilum, Battle of Malachor II. Imagine taking a taxi between the chunks and battling imps on them.

Mordegrus
08.07.2012 , 07:46 PM | #8
I want to see the planet Yavin 4.
I'm want to go see the future Jedi Temple in the New Republic Era, and maybe put a time capsule thing or something.
Or, if I'm Imperial, a bomb.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

andreagfelos
08.08.2012 , 09:40 AM | #9
I'd like to see the Tion Hegemony in greater detail; the area was cradle of Pre-Republic Galactic Civilization and was ruled by on histories most infamous warlord Xim the Despot. The quests could be interesting plus I'm curious how the planets will look. Maybe an expansion?

Maaruin
08.08.2012 , 07:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by andreagfelos View Post
I'd like to see the Tion Hegemony in greater detail; the area was cradle of Pre-Republic Galactic Civilization and was ruled by on histories most infamous warlord Xim the Despot. The quests could be interesting plus I'm curious how the planets will look. Maybe an expansion?
Well, we do know how Kaon looks, and it's one planet of the Tion Hegemony. Okay, you don't see much because it's at night, but still, you can see a little.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall