Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauders and Powertechs need a nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marauders and Powertechs need a nerf

oredith
08.07.2012 , 01:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
I'll say it again, this is a team game not single player. If you are DPS you should at least put up a close fight with another DPS if you have an idea of what to do. I play a Sentinel and run into good players all the time that kill me or it gets real close...but that 1vs1 which most of PvP is NOT about. That being said us sentinels are out in the open and are hated and often melted down buy "smart" people that focus us and if it where not for my CD I would not even be that useful in a TEAM game. Whats so hard to get we are labeled DPS for a reason.
seriously. the people qq'ing need to stop trying to have their solo duels and play the team sport instead.
(╯░□░)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Pistols
08.07.2012 , 01:51 PM | #22
Just report the OP's thread, it will be locked soon enough.

DakoHawk
08.07.2012 , 01:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by basketballbum View Post
They are a pure dps class, they do not have the versatility of the other classes.
Exactly, now if they had significant self and team healing paired with cooldowns that rival tank specs, ontop of having lots of damage, and team buffs to damage and speed that no other class even has anything similiar, that would be op. Glad that isn't the case, cus if it was, you would look stupid.

JediDuckling
08.07.2012 , 02:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
But you're really not. You are horribly wrong across the board. Just more veiled QQ because someone died in a PvP zone. Of course, there is a .0000001% chance that I'm wrong on that point, but I'll take my chances.

Ya, but he's pretty much totally correct. Pick a Nit if ya want.
sorry for you not knowing about sentinels and marauders being overpowerd but they are and its obvious.

PowerReaper
08.07.2012 , 02:03 PM | #25
This game is based around 8v8? right? so...we kinda need those since we're in the field with aoe, snares, etc taking the most damage. Its not based around 1v1 and if you do get into a 1v1 with a Marauder that's kinda your fault.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord ╚schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

JediDuckling
08.07.2012 , 02:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
so a PT whos already been nerfed twice needs another one... i find it funny that ppl are now just realizing the type of dmg they do

both classes are fine find a few friends and learn to counter them
the burst dps for the pure dps tree such as pyrotech was not nerfed,infact it feels more like its been buffed and if it has that wasnt a very bright idea.

pyrotechs and the vanguards version is far to powerfull for it to be kept the way it is and i can understand players trying to defend there class but its far to strong to be kept this way.

dronepilot
08.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediDuckling View Post
sorry for you not knowing about sentinels and marauders being overpowerd but they are and its obvious.
Anyone who has eyes, can see they are over powered, but they will still be defended to the hilt, to make sure the remain at the top of the charts on everything.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

JediDuckling
08.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mularky View Post
LIke i said just be patient i am willing to put money on the fact that they will get the nerf bat soon
yes im trying to be patient but when a warzone consists of marauders and pyrotechs it starts getting rediculous.

its either someone leaping to you and killing you in 5 seconds or being pulled to soemone and dying in 5 seconds.

lol

PowerReaper
08.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by dronepilot View Post
Anyone who has eyes, can see they are over powered, but they will still be defended to the hilt, to make sure the remain at the top of the charts on everything.
No...you need to l2p.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord ╚schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

basketballbum
08.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
You had me until "Most classes have two to three stuns which are instant cast and the can move around or even dps after they activate them." Now I can't trust anything you said prior to that.
ill just list the imp classes since all pubs are mirrors and have similar abilities, I'm also not going to list any leaps/pulls/knockbacks/steaths/slows/roots of any kind that classes have on top of these.

powertech: carbonize-instant cast, electro dart-instant cast
mercenary: electro dart-instant cast, concussion missle-2 sec cast and damage ends it prematurely,
operative: flash bang-instant cast and damage ends it prematurely, debilitate- instant cast, sleep dart-instant cast and damage ends it prematurely
Sniper:flash bang-instant cast and damage ends it prematurely, debilitate- instant cast
Marrauder:intimidating roar-instant cast and damage ends it prematurely, force choke-channeled ability
Juggernaut:intimidating roar-instant cast and damage ends it prematurely, force choke-channeled ability
Assassin:electrocute-instant cast, whirlwind-2 sec cast (can be specced to instant) and damage ends it prematurely, spike-instant cast and requires stealth (can be specced to not require stealth), mind trap-instant cast and damage ends it prematurely, needs to be used from stealth on a target that isn't in combat
Sorcererelectrocute-instant cast, whirlwind-2 sec cast (can be specced to instant) and damage ends it prematurely

If I got any of these wrong feel free to post them edited correctly. According to this I see all classes have two stuns, a few having as many as 3 or 4, majority of them being instant cast. Like I said, this also doesn't include any other leaps/pulls/knockbacks/steaths/slows/roots a class may have.
Your ability to speak does not make you intelligent