Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make more of EVERYTHING bind to Legacy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Make more of EVERYTHING bind to Legacy!

TheIronMonkey
08.06.2012 , 02:14 PM | #1
If you really want to push forward the benefits of Legacy, more items should bind to legacy instead of the one character.

I roll 6 character right now, at different levels and crafting levels as well. I want more of what I find and/or make while playing to bind to my Legacy, so i can share it between my toons. They are all me, so why does it make much difference which of the characters found it or made it?

This was the main reason I rolled so many characters, to have unique crew skills and help each other out. Now turns out many of the top items bind on pickup, so after I collect the materials and produce it I can only use it on that one character. Why?

A schematic that produces something that binds on pickup makes no sense. So you make it once or twice and that is it?? What is the point? At least if it binds to Legacy you can use it a few more times.

Also, here is a new concept : Bind to Guild? :-)

Later
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

epicfear
08.06.2012 , 02:16 PM | #2
Bind to guild is an interesting concept...

and I say yes to more bind on legacy loot.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

BrigandsAuthor
08.06.2012 , 02:28 PM | #3
Way too true.... I definitely agree!
btw, awesome signature!

BrigandsAuthor
Ay'dun--Juggernaut, Brynk--Gunslinger, Guquri--Sorcerer, Hallo-Bludd--Mercenary, Kairrm--Vanguard, Magirr--Assassin, Veb'du--Sentinel, A'kkus--Sniper

ButeoRegalis
08.06.2012 , 02:35 PM | #4
...or provide some way of changing an item from bound to legacy-bound. Based on item level and steepen the curve at the high end.

TheIronMonkey
08.08.2012 , 06:53 PM | #5
Could be a Legacy perk : when you get a certain level, you can buy the power to convert items from "Bound" to "Legacy Bound". That would be cool.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

Alec_Fortescue
08.08.2012 , 07:21 PM | #6
The current system already allows us to grind gear for our alts and send them over throgh legacy armor. It's great. I'd like to get legacy lightsaber hilts so i can transfer my rare crystals. I have three white crystals on my Sith but I am not using them since every Sith should use red... I'd love to send them to my Jedi.

ROG-Sim
08.09.2012 , 12:41 AM | #7
Nice idea

/signed

BenjaminminU
08.09.2012 , 08:05 AM | #8
I agree, more bound to legacy gear is needed, especially moddable items. I'd like to see a few different sets of mandalorian armor available to be bought only by a level 50 BH, but can be traded to other characters in legacy.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Myeh-Myeh
08.09.2012 , 09:46 AM | #9
I think things should bind to legacy instead of character too, even if we'd have to buy it as a perk.

/signed
What a crazy random happenstance!

akakage
08.09.2012 , 04:34 PM | #10
/signed