Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quick Quinn Quotes

irishfino
09.28.2012 , 05:44 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Lol! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Fun things. Once I get them out of my head... lol. Thanks for reading!

Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Nice! I'm a male, and my SW is male, and I like Vette, but I think these are funny. Keep 'em up.
Humor is as humor does! Like of one character over another cannot stop the laughter Thanks for reading!

Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
I caught up! I win!
Here's your prize: laughter! Thanks for reading!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
I lol'ed so hard
Thanks for reading!

Quote: Originally Posted by Soteirian View Post
That entire last installment just about killed me. I nearly fell off the chair several times reading this.

Athra is turning out to be my favorite SW of them all. She's one strange yet fun and endearing gal. I love her interactions with her father. The exchanges suggest that they have a healthy, almost pal-like relationship. I played my SW as one who didn't take authority too seriously and had no fear making fun of Baras even while she was actively serving him (she picked conversations that teased/made fun of Baras whenever she could, such as saying that Nar Shaddaa must be Baras's kind of town, etc.). I can see that if my SW had the kind of relationship with her father like Athra has growing up, then that would explain why she had no fear for authority figures.

I also really enjoy this Quinn. The way he pretty much takes everything in stride and yet unwavering in his principles. In-game Quinn, to me, is not a very adaptive person. This one is, but yet still somehow managed to allow me to picture 'Quinn' saying those words.

Great job! Please keep going. This is really fun, not to mention it might be the only real 'happy ending' for SW and Quinn so far (bright, love Nalenne, but where that series currently left off it didn't look promising for a SW/Quinn relationship. ). It's not often that I find almost every single characters in a story likeable. This one is really really close. (the only person i can't find any fond feeling for is Quinn's mother, but I'm suspecting that is "by design"? )
Athra is a fun one to write. My Warriors have all been rude to Baras, but I find that Baras is a giant fat ball of cookies and it's easy to hate his face... *cough*. As for in-game Quinn vs. any Quinn I write, I do take cues from the game. He's a lot more flexible than he puts on (mostly for the female warrior and her romance line), but he is still rather stiff, lol.

Forgot: yes, you should dislike Quinn's mom, lol.

I intend to keep my Quinn (mostly) healthy and happy with his warrior woman. Thanks for reading!

Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post
I love your sith warrior, and I love your quinn. Please never stop making these!
They love you, too. I think. I shall write until my ideas dry up! Which hasn't happened yet so let's hope it never does! Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading everyone!!!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
09.28.2012 , 05:45 PM | #172
Cross-post from the Short Story Thread!
The Weight of a Necklace...

Malavai Quinn had become an expert on dodging unwanted advances. He was never one to juggle business with pleasure and sought to make sure the two never intertwined. He had learned that lesson the hard way when a certain Moff’s daughter became a bit too clingy. After two weeks of okay intercourse and a few dinners she had wanted a marriage proposal. She was insane. He learned then never to mix business with pleasure and to never date the crazy chick. Or do anything else to her for that matter.

That’s how he landed on Balmorra and, eventually, in the employ of the warrior currently trying to worm her way into his britches: Lord Athra. He had no idea if she had a last name, he was never un-assaulted enough to bother to ask and her file was oddly blank in that regard. He had to admit, to himself and no one else thank you very much, that he was attracted to the warrior the moment he met her. She exuded power, confidence, and sexuality. Not to mention the sheer rarity of her brilliant red skin. She definitely got him thinking about his academy days.

It was with great reluctance that he began accepting gifts from her. Sure, he loved the military gear case she had given him and the rare hilt for his vibroknife, but he really didn’t want her to get the wrong idea about him. Their relationship needed to stay professional. No matter how many times she invaded his dreams or invaded his personal space wearing that perfume he had mentioned in passing that he liked on her. He had let that one slip and now he never smelled the end of it.

Athra entered the bridge at the end of his shift one evening with a small box in her hand. She handed it to him with a smile then turned and left without saying a word. Strange behavior for a woman who had done nothing, but chase him around the ship. Sometimes literally. Sometimes without clothes on. He shook the thought from his head.

He opened the box and found a plain gold necklace inside with a small medics logo as a charm. He pulled the necklace from the case and flipped the charm over.

Malavai Quinn Treasured Medic and Crew Member

He was touched. He put on the necklace without a second thought, placed it under his uniform jacket, and went about finishing his shift. That night his dreams were more vivid than ever. They distracted him to the point of him making a mistake during his next shift. Athra noticed it immediately and worried that he was ill. She had to be oblivious to the effect she had on him.

“Is everything alright, Captain?” Athra asked him gently.

He stiffened in his parade rest. He had fixed the mistake and hoped it would go unnoticed. Bigger fool he.

“Are you sick?”

“No, my Lord,” he said stiffly. He turned to face her. “My Lord, you have caused me some difficulty, and I’d like to confirm it was unintended.” He paused for a moment. “Forgive me if I’m mistaken, but some time ago it seems you expressed an interest in me beyond our professional relationship.”

Athra smiled at him. “I have you tossing and turning in your bunk do I?”

“In a manner of speaking, which is why I bring it up.” He paused and shifted his stance. “I admit you have a knack for… surprising me. I’m usually swifter on my toes. I should have immediately said that any personal involvement between us could cloud judgment and compromise your campaigns.”

“That’s too bad,” Athra purred. “I like taking risks.”

He swallowed. This was his opening. He could take it or leave it there, hanging in the wind. The necklace around his neck suddenly felt heavy. He found himself lowering his mouth to hers and kissing her gently. As quickly as it started, he pulled away, his eyes wide and confused.

“This… my Lord, I am drawn to you. Make no mistake, but this should not continue. It’s improper.”

“The impropriety is what makes it fun,” she said lowly.

“I’m sure it does, my Lord.” He paused and shifted his feet. “I should get back to my duties.”

“If you must,” Athra pouted.

Quinn nodded brusquely and turned to a nearby console, busying himself with the most mundane thing he could find. Athra left the bridge without further argument. He stared after her from the corner of his eye. She was dangerous. But she smelled really good. The necklace around his neck shifted against his skin as he moved about the bridge. He couldn’t let himself get distracted like this. But she smelled really good. He knew this nearly obsessive feeling well enough to know what would come of it.

It was the stirrings of love.

Damn.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Irrissa
09.28.2012 , 09:36 PM | #173
so much fun reading your Quinn stuff. Thank you for running me through the gamut of emotions depending on which ones I read.
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

irishfino
09.29.2012 , 08:06 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Irrissa View Post
so much fun reading your Quinn stuff. Thank you for running me through the gamut of emotions depending on which ones I read.
The very definition of an emotional roller coaster if there ever was one. Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
09.29.2012 , 08:08 PM | #175
In which a message is opened before its time...

Quinn stared blankly at the small, red man on his couch. He and Athra looked nothing alike. He had a plain face, two brow ridges where eyebrows would normally be, and he had an extremely slight build. How a man so small had fathered a strong, but still rather short, woman like Athra made him curious.

“I’m rather tired at this point,” Quinn said quietly. “You can yell at me later.” Then he half shuffled half turned on his heel and started back down the hall from whence he came.

“Well, that was boring,” Athra’s father pouted.

“He’s not feeling well, daddy, but he said you can yell at him later. He lives up to his promises,” Athra said placatingly.

“What about his promise to never hurt you?”

Athra sighed softly and sat next to her father on the couch. “It’s rather complicated. I’ll try to be brief.”

As her story went on, her father’s eyes grew wider and wider until Athra was sure they would fall out of his skull.

“That is complicated,” her father murmured. “Though, I must agree, his main loyalty was to Baras. He told you he was there to do a job and he went about doing that job.”

“Why does everyone take his side?” Athra huffed.

Her father chuckled quietly. “Imperials walk a delicate line between duty to the Empire and service to the Sith. You can toe the line, cross over it, punch it in the face all you like because you are Sith. Your husband cannot or he would be killed.”

“Stop making sense,” she pouted. Then she sighed. “Am I wrong for feeling so… betrayed?”

“No, dear, you are not. And, on the bright side, he’s trying to make it up to you.” Her father smiled gently. “Why don’t you go home and rest for a while? Now that he knows I’m not a figment of his imagination, he might actually listen to me.”

“Alright. Let me go tell him just in case. He can be weird sometimes.”

Athra informed Quinn of her plan to get some rest and her father’s offer to stay. He murmured agreement then went back to sleep. She departed after giving her father a peck on the cheek. As soon as she was gone, he moved to the doorway to Quinn’s room. He would punish him for hurting his daughter, no matter the circumstances.

Athra arrived at her apartment and was greeted by a blinking light on her holoterminal. It was a message addressed to her with the sender listed as Malavai Quinn, but she didn’t recognize the frequency. She hadn’t left him that long ago, there shouldn’t be any trouble. She pressed play and waited. Quinn’s blue image popped up as stiff as ever.

“This is a pre-recorded message to be viewed only after my death,” Quinn’s image said stiffly.

Athra’s eyes widened. Oh, no.

MilaniGrey
09.29.2012 , 08:23 PM | #176
Ze plot! She thickens!
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Ardim
09.29.2012 , 08:32 PM | #177
Ze plot! She thickens!
Quick, do the Plot Twist dance!*

*If you don't know what the Plot Twist Dance is, go see the Mess Perfect comic on Deviantart by Epantiras
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

irishfino
09.30.2012 , 10:47 AM | #178
Ze plot! She thickens!
Like delicious pudding!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Quick, do the Plot Twist dance!*

*If you don't know what the Plot Twist Dance is, go see the Mess Perfect comic on Deviantart by Epantiras
There is no plot twist, there is only Zod. Now, kneel before him.

irishfino
09.30.2012 , 10:50 AM | #179
In which there can be only one...

“Athra, if you are seeing this then I have died, either by your hands or those of another,” the image said stiffly. “If I have died by your hands, then we both know the reason why. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you of my true purpose and can only hope you made my death as quick and painless as possible. If I died in the line of duty, then I hope I died protecting you and before events that may tarnish the legacy of our marriage.” The image paused and shifted uncomfortably. “Athra…” he sighed quietly. “Know that, come what may, I love you. My love for you has never wavered nor come into question. It strengthened each day we were together, every laugh we shared, every private moment, every smile, every tear.” The image paused and shuffled its feet. “I will always love you, Athra. I’m sorry for leaving you so soon. On confirmation of my death, you will receive the customary paperwork in your inbox. Fill in the blanks and file them. I have already done most of the work for you. Goodbye, my Lord.” Then his image blipped away.

Athra stared at the holoterminal for quite some time before snapping back to reality and into action. She ran full tilt to Quinn’s apartment and arrived in record time thanks to a handy Force boost or two. She nearly knocked the door down with her eagerness to get in. When she finally remembered the door code, she rushed into the room, saber in hand ready to strike down whoever took her Malavai away. She was surprised to see her father sitting at the Dejarik table with an incredibly pale, but very much alive Quinn across from him.

“Did you get some rest? You’ve only been gone an hour,” her father said, concern lacing his voice.

“Malavai! You’re alive!” Athra said breathlessly.

“Should I not be?” Quinn asked stiffly.

“You bastard,” she said quietly. Then she tackled him, taking him down to the ground in a fierce hug. Quinn shouted in surprise then in pain.

“Your armor is digging into my wound,” he hissed quietly.

“Oh, sorry,” she blushed. She shifted a bit, but would not let him up.

“Why did you think something was wrong?”

“I received a holomessage sent from you. It was you telling me you were dead,” she said thickly.

“Ah, yes,” Quinn murmured quietly. “That was something I set up some time ago in the event of my death. It was set to send if my heart stopped for three minutes or longer.” He paused and shifted uncomfortably. His legs were laying sideways over the seat the chair and Athra was getting heavy. “Can I get up now?”

Athra’s face turned a deeper shade of red. After she stood she helped him back into his chair as painlessly as possible.

“Wait, when did your heart stop for that long?” asked Athra.

“Some time during the extraction, I’d wager.” He paused. “Sorry for scaring you like that, it was unintended,” Quinn said quietly.

“I’d hope so,” Athra’s father muttered to himself.

“I’m not that mean, Athur,” Quinn pouted.

“Hah! You have had no mercy on me this entire round. Or the round before. Or the one before that,” Athur grumbled.

Quinn chuckled quietly. “I always play to win, no matter the skill level of my opponent.”

“Just let me win once?”

“It would wound my pride,” Quinn smiled.

“Imagine how wounded mine is,” Athur pouted.

Athra and Quinn chuckled at the same time. Athra was glad they were getting along. She wondered if she should introduce her mother to him.

“Hey, Quinn, how would you like to meet my mom?” asked Athra.

“I’d love to,” Quinn murmured as he thought over his next move. Quinn moved his Mantellian Savrip then sat back in his chair. “And that’s the game, Athur.”

Athur looked the board over then slouched in his seat.

“Oh, fine, don’t let me win!” Athur pouted.

“I should probably tell you before you meet her that she’s a Twi’lek,” Athra said conversationally.

“That’s… surprising,” Quinn muttered.

“I know. Most people don’t expect that. You know, Vette kind of reminds me of her. And daddy used to run with an oddly stiff Imperial officer much like yourself…” she trailed off in thought.

“He was far stiffer,” Athur supplied helpfully. “Couldn’t get that man to take a day off without threatening to kill him. Or choking him. Or hitting him with the hilt of my lightsaber. Or punching him in the face.”

“Daddy!” Athra gasped.

“What?” he asked innocently.

“You should have found him an equally stiff female officer,” said Quinn.

“You know, he actually had a family. What’s your name again?”

“Malavai Quinn.”

Athur looked to the side in thought then snapped his fingers when he found the answer.

“You’re the son of Vai and Essa Quinn!” he said excitedly. At Quinn’s nod, he clapped his hands happily. “Vai and I go way back! He was that impossibly stiff young officer I mentioned. This is wonderful! Do you have his frequency? I’d love to catch up with him!”

“You can use my terminal to call him, if you wish. He should still be at the estate along with my mother,” said Quinn.

“Has it been two weeks?”

Quinn closed his eyes and sighed quietly. “Yes, it’s been two weeks.”

“Wonderful! I’ll go call him now!”

Athur jumped from his seat with a “squee” and ran to the terminal. Quinn shook his head at Athur’s antics. Athra was as sporadic and random as he was. At least it was cute in her case. Athra smiled after her father then took his seat and reset the Dejarik board with the press of a button.

“Fancy a game against your wife?” she asked, smiling evilly.

“What are your terms?” Quinn asked stiffly. He knew her well enough to know she wanted to make a gamble of it.

“If I win, we have sex later today.”

“Very well, but if I win, we continue waiting for the okay from Jadus.”

“Deal.” They shook on it. “Prepare to lose and be ravished!”

“I daresay you will lose and go unravished.”

“Really?” Athra asked, arching a brow.

“Really,” Quinn said firmly, grinning devilishly.

The game was quick and brutal. Athra pouted in her seat after Quinn announced his victory.

“I told you, I play to win no matter my opponent,” he said arrogantly.

“You just don’t want to have sex with me,” she pouted.

Quinn snorted quietly. “I’ve wanted nothing more than to throw you down on the nearest mostly comfortable surface and have my way with you, but I want to do this right and if Jadus says no intimacy then we will continue to wait.” He paused and shifted in his seat. “No matter how frustrating it is,” he grumbled.

Athur returned to the table with a jump in his step.

“Your father still looks the same!” he said happily. “You know, you two look so much alike I’m surprised I didn’t make the connection earlier. You even have similar names!”

“That was mostly coincidence, actually,” Quinn said stiffly.

“You weren’t named after him then?” asked Athur.

“No, I was named after something else.”

“What were you named after?” Athra asked.

Quinn stiffened in his seat. “I’d rather not say.”

“You know I’m going to find out, just tell me.”

“No,” Quinn said stubbornly.

“Round of Dejarik for it?”

“I will beat you within an inch of your pride,” he said stiffly.

“You’re on!” Athra challenged.

Naturally, Athra suffered a terrible loss, but she enjoyed every minute of it.

“How about we meet my mother for lunch after our session with Jadus?” asked Athra.

“That is acceptable. I have nothing planned,” answered Quinn.

“It’s a date!”

EDIT
Notes:

Spoiler

Soteirian
09.30.2012 , 12:58 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
As soon as she was gone, he moved to the doorway to Quinn’s room. He would punish him for hurting his daughter, no matter the circumstances.

<snip>

She was surprised to see her father sitting at the Dejarik table with an incredibly pale, but very much alive Quinn across from him.

<snip>

“Hah! You have had no mercy on me this entire round. Or the round before. Or the one before that,” Athur grumbled.
Am I reading this right? Athur's idea of punishing Quinn for hurting his daughter was to try to beat him at Dejarik, and then he failed to do so? LOL!