Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Pilgrim needs it's own instance

Screaming_Ziva
08.06.2012 , 08:49 AM | #1
Yesterday Nightmare Pilgrim on our server was ridiculous.

Our guild has been running NP on Sundays. We were planning on going at 5:30pm yesterday. I got to his location just before 5pm to see a guild finish taking him down so we postponed to a little after 7pm. I went back to NP at 6:15 to see an entire 16 man team already waiting for his respawn timer to end. There was also another guild already gathering up to take him down. Here it was 45 minutes before he was going to spawn and we were already 3rd in line? Something really needs to be changed about his spawn. With more and more guilds gearing up through dailies, it's just a matter of time before teams are going to have to wait hours for him.

Maestrodomus
08.06.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
Pick another night. Sundays are busy.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Mavery
08.06.2012 , 10:58 AM | #3
While I do agree with you, a world boss is a world boss. Plan on getting there early and pull him immediately.

lynspottery
08.06.2012 , 11:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
While I do agree with you, a world boss is a world boss. Plan on getting there early and pull him immediately.
Unfortunately, this is not always possible. We are a casual guild and there are real life schedules that we just cannot change...so we try to work around them so that everyone who is interested can participate in our guild runs for World Bosses and such.

The Nightmare Pilgrim is only one of the several World Bosses who are included in a Weekly Achievement event. Since these are set for a special achievement there really needs to be a way that any group can access them when said group is able to pull together sufficient numbers to do the fights.

People in my guild are reaching a point where it does not matter any longer, because of this problem, they have decided it is not worth it to them to continue playing this game. These World Boss issues are only the tip of the ice burgh for our patience levels, especially since BW is not adjusting the game to allow more players access to these type of things.

Our thought is this: if it is a World Boss, not attached to an achievement, we are fine with the current state of access. However, since BW has seen fit to attach them to weekly achievements, and not adjusted the ability to access the bosses when we are able to pull together a group, we feel it is counter productive to the game experience.
lynspottery Member of Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

Typeslice
08.06.2012 , 11:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Yesterday Nightmare Pilgrim on our server was ridiculous.

Our guild has been running NP on Sundays. We were planning on going at 5:30pm yesterday. I got to his location just before 5pm to see a guild finish taking him down so we postponed to a little after 7pm. I went back to NP at 6:15 to see an entire 16 man team already waiting for his respawn timer to end. There was also another guild already gathering up to take him down. Here it was 45 minutes before he was going to spawn and we were already 3rd in line? Something really needs to be changed about his spawn. With more and more guilds gearing up through dailies, it's just a matter of time before teams are going to have to wait hours for him.
That's all part of what makes world bosses interesting though. It's kind of the whole point.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

DiLune
08.06.2012 , 11:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
That's all part of what makes world bosses interesting though. It's kind of the whole point.
I think WoW learned its lesson that World Bosses usually just end up being very frustrating to the players. As long as you have a boss that drops gear people have to have they will queue up to down it. Put it in a competitive environment and you cause problems.

epicfear
08.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #7
You have to click on a tablet to summon him, right? Simply have the tablet teleport you to one of those "dream worlds" we did way too many voss quests in, and instance that.

Voss already has alternate reality things, why not add a world boss to the mix? He is one of the most hunted, after all.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Chaqen
08.06.2012 , 02:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DiLune View Post
I think WoW learned its lesson that World Bosses usually just end up being very frustrating to the players. As long as you have a boss that drops gear people have to have they will queue up to down it. Put it in a competitive environment and you cause problems.
I guess maybe if he was actually hard, and just required more then the dps just to stop attacking when they are told to do so, there wouldnt be so much competition to kill him, and people would be whining less about not seeing him up.

I believe he shouldnt drop anything campaign, and should just drop mk-2-4 items, for people would feel less of a "need" to kill him, while still keeping a reason to kill him for the min/maxers.

AshlaBoga
08.06.2012 , 05:17 PM | #9
This is why my guild is staying on Jung Ma.

Because the low population means that there aren't many guilds competing over Nightmare Pigrim. We'd be on Bastion if it wasn't for stuff like this.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!