Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Carnage: 100x better than Annihilation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Carnage: 100x better than Annihilation

Rhaphael's Avatar


Rhaphael
08.08.2012 , 01:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodkrazed View Post
so just buy adding the mods will give you the shell set bonus?
No, you need the War Hero Vindicator set for this. Then the set bonus is on the Armoring and it will transfer to whatever piece you put it in.

Revearith's Avatar


Revearith
08.08.2012 , 02:23 AM | #12
Finally got the Vindicators Set bonus on my marauder and tried 3 specs.

33/8/0, I chose this annihilation based one because I get unlimited range for force charge in 30mtrs and the 10% for 5 seconds, so essentially every 7 seconds I'm doing +10% damage, including dots. I did not take ravager because the CD is not necessary and if I were to Charge > Deadly Saber > Ravage thats +2% damage technically. This spec was fun! Annihilate hitting ppl for an instant 4400 after Charge > DS > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annhilate. All that in 5 seconds. Good for PvE as well but haven't tested the consistent charge yet in Ops.

5/5/31 Le Smash, Frenzy > Berserk > Charge > Smash.. Thats how u get ur 2.5k and 5k medal within 15 seconds of a wz gate opening. I probably dont need to explain in detail because of the simplicity. Biggest hit today 7155, non-bloodthirst.

5/34/2 My carnage super root spec, the 10% bonus means I can target someone not bubbled and Charge > Gore > Ravage(Hopefully get blood frenzy even without the masssacre, 2/3 times) > Scream and they go POOF. Plus its good for Berserk > Charge > Massacre Spam.


And I run Carnage in rated because it is a Team Spec, I root ppl in huttball without filling resolve bars, I become a very competitive ball carrier with my predation, even as support for a tank, the speed wins. Civil War/Novarre I can reach the closest enemy node, stop them from capping and burst them down. Voidstar I predate when we get a door, helps with the Time alot.

But annihilation MIGHT become superior if a new Warzone is TDM based because of their survivability, and a smart equally geared annihi will beat carnage because of Obsfucate and various ways to interrupt gore and gore>ravage

From what I've seen 2 Le Smash Maras in sync dominate, no matter what spec you are.

Thundergulch's Avatar


Thundergulch
08.08.2012 , 06:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Not to mention Carnage has so much more utility than Annihilation. Solo, group play, doesn't matter, Carnage all the way.
LOL! I don't pvp, but thanks for letting us know that Carnage does more burst than Annihilation. /rolleyes

You can't beat Annihilation in a boss fight.... in fact I've yet to be beaten by any class on a boss fight in overall dps.

BOTADoodles's Avatar


BOTADoodles
08.08.2012 , 04:27 PM | #14
Ya know... that kinda bothers me, especially for annihilation, having 10% damage boost 5 out of every 12 seconds is insane for PvE and PvP... And I did not know about the vindicator thing.

There is NO way I'm grinding out 4 BM->WH pieces now. I can see how powerful this is just by the math (it's a 4.16 % damage boost to an already high DPS class) That kinda boost instantly causes mara's to out DPS any and all other DPS by a longshot with that boost.

EDIT:ADD: it sucks cause it also makes me feel like a noob when you say I made a "mistake" for choosing to buy the gear designated for marauders by Bioware...

Jagil's Avatar


Jagil
08.08.2012 , 07:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
LOL! I don't pvp, but thanks for letting us know that Carnage does more burst than Annihilation. /rolleyes

You can't beat Annihilation in a boss fight.... in fact I've yet to be beaten by any class on a boss fight in overall dps.
Irrelevant, bosses have 100's of thousands of hit points to burn through. PVP players have just 15 - 20,000. Can any of the Annihilation marauders down a 100% health (but badly geared) enemy in 3 seconds? That's just long enough to get off deadly saber, rupture and annihilate.

Carnage gets more roots and the best speed buff in the game, not to mention its a little less easy to play, Annihilation is just a faceroll fest.

Bloodkrazed's Avatar


Bloodkrazed
08.08.2012 , 07:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BOTADoodles View Post
Ya know... that kinda bothers me, especially for annihilation, having 10% damage boost 5 out of every 12 seconds is insane for PvE and PvP... And I did not know about the vindicator thing.

There is NO way I'm grinding out 4 BM->WH pieces now. I can see how powerful this is just by the math (it's a 4.16 % damage boost to an already high DPS class) That kinda boost instantly causes mara's to out DPS any and all other DPS by a longshot with that boost.

EDIT:ADD: it sucks cause it also makes me feel like a noob when you say I made a "mistake" for choosing to buy the gear designated for marauders by Bioware...
dont feel bad. Ive been here since beta & didnt know either, but unlike you I will grind that out

Troelsen's Avatar


Troelsen
08.08.2012 , 07:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagil View Post
Irrelevant, bosses have 100's of thousands of hit points to burn through. PVP players have just 15 - 20,000. Can any of the Annihilation marauders down a 100% health (but badly geared) enemy in 3 seconds? That's just long enough to get off deadly saber, rupture and annihilate.

Carnage gets more roots and the best speed buff in the game, not to mention its a little less easy to play, Annihilation is just a faceroll fest.
I have to disagree with Carnage being a little less easy to play. Anni requires you to watch your cooldowns (like when Pulverize procs), and time your Deadly Saber/Rupture to sync up to 30 Fury so when you use Berserk, you're not left sitting on a few stacks of Berserk or Deadly Saber. If you don't, your damage suffers much more than messing up a Carnage-spec rotation.

Carnage on the otherhand, while not exactly simple, is comparatively more straightfoward. Root ball carriers, Predation when it's up or when team needs a boost, otherwise Massacre spam with Gore/Berserk and never Scream without Blood Frenzy up.
Khem Val doesn't care who you are or what you've done. Khem Val simply wants to eat you.

Mazarill's Avatar


Mazarill
08.08.2012 , 11:17 PM | #18
Not sure if serious....
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Goretzu's Avatar


Goretzu
08.09.2012 , 06:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
. But for solo q'ing annihilation is a much more enjoyable spec because it flows much better as a lone wolf, and easily wins 1v3/1v4 fights.
What's the best solo build these days?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

TheRealCandyMan's Avatar


TheRealCandyMan
08.09.2012 , 09:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8

That is how my character is being designed. If you look at my character in-game you'll see that he has 96% of all the items listed in the character builder.

Next, VINDICATION VINDICATION VINDICATION. Every one of you guys who have made the mistake of getting the full Weaponmaster Armor all I can truly say to you is I'm sorry. 10% more damage after force charge is the way to go, not 15 seconds off the Undying Rage CD.

My average crit on geared players is between 4600-5200 with Force Scream. My highest force scream crit of all time was 6500 on a recruit geared player while I had Bloodthirst and Beserker up. I can burst wave after wave of players down. Guarded healers no problem solo.

With the above gear setup, while being Carnage spec I can put out 20k burst in seconds if left unchecked. In fact with heals I become an unstoppable monster that makes PT's look like cuddly teddy bears. I just watched that Annihilation Marauder video below, (He's alright, didn't like his occasional backpedaling) but it takes him AGES to kill targets who are standing still where I can burst down fully geared moving targets in seconds.

Not to mention Carnage has so much more utility than Annihilation. Solo, group play, doesn't matter, Carnage all the way.
What's the rotation look like now? My first character was a marauder and got him to 50 one week after release. After hitting hit I rolled an alt and never touched my marauder again, lol. I basically completely forgot how to play the class and am curious about getting into PvP with him.