Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage: 100x better than Annihilation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Carnage: 100x better than Annihilation

Megatfx
08.06.2012 , 01:32 AM | #1
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8

That is how my character is being designed. If you look at my character in-game you'll see that he has 96% of all the items listed in the character builder.

Next, VINDICATION VINDICATION VINDICATION. Every one of you guys who have made the mistake of getting the full Weaponmaster Armor all I can truly say to you is I'm sorry. 10% more damage after force charge is the way to go, not 15 seconds off the Undying Rage CD.

My average crit on geared players is between 4600-5200 with Force Scream. My highest force scream crit of all time was 6500 on a recruit geared player while I had Bloodthirst and Beserker up. I can burst wave after wave of players down. Guarded healers no problem solo.

With the above gear setup, while being Carnage spec I can put out 20k burst in seconds if left unchecked. In fact with heals I become an unstoppable monster that makes PT's look like cuddly teddy bears. I just watched that Annihilation Marauder video below, (He's alright, didn't like his occasional backpedaling) but it takes him AGES to kill targets who are standing still where I can burst down fully geared moving targets in seconds.

Not to mention Carnage has so much more utility than Annihilation. Solo, group play, doesn't matter, Carnage all the way.

Nolenthar
08.06.2012 , 03:31 AM | #2
Are you trying to say Carnage has more burst than Annihilation ?

Thanks bro, you saved us, we didn't know.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

arkzehhh
08.06.2012 , 08:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolenthar View Post
Are you trying to say Carnage has more burst than Annihilation ?

Thanks bro, you saved us, we didn't know.
This, oh & LOL.

Wookieenator
08.06.2012 , 09:46 AM | #4
Thanks for the laugh, I guess maybe this will help some fotm marauders :/. Didn't like to hear the calling out of the marauder youtube video. He is not "alright." As someone who has played with --for and against-- him for months, it's quite easy to say that he has mastered his class. We all know that carnage is better for team play, for many reasons just than better burst (deadly saber dots go on the tank not healer) etc. But for solo q'ing annihilation is a much more enjoyable spec because it flows much better as a lone wolf, and easily wins 1v3/1v4 fights.

M_Ngc
08.06.2012 , 03:03 PM | #5
I've tried basically the exact same build as you except with 58 armoring for the belts/bracers (not that big of a difference) and i'm not a fan of the all power build when the only guaranteed crit from Carnage is Force Scream and thats only when Blood Frenzy is up. A lot of your dmg comes from Massacre which is an ability that you basically spam so the more it crits the more damage you do (think 2 out of 3 Massacre's critting for high 2k's-3k while the third non crit for high 1k's-2k).

Also, i don't understand why you put 1 pt into Malice when the only force attack from Carnage is basically Force Scream (which has a guaranteed crit). I think that point would be better spent else where. An extra point into accuracy wouldn't hurt seeing that 98% of Carnage damage is white/weapon damage

Not sure about the 1200 expertise build, you'd be about as squishy as a full bm geared player (+1 war hero piece) and in rateds survivability plays a pretty big role. I'm pretty sure if a fully geared/expertise/BiS powertech opened up on you before you could pop a CD you'd be insta dead. Can't dps if you're dead right I'm also from POT5 but i don't think i've seen you in wz's at least not in rateds? I could be wrong though.
Chea
Retired 3.1k Marauder
<Casual>
Prophecy of the Five

coldserpent
08.07.2012 , 12:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8

That is how my character is being designed. If you look at my character in-game you'll see that he has 96% of all the items listed in the character builder.

Next, VINDICATION VINDICATION VINDICATION. Every one of you guys who have made the mistake of getting the full Weaponmaster Armor all I can truly say to you is I'm sorry. 10% more damage after force charge is the way to go, not 15 seconds off the Undying Rage CD.

My average crit on geared players is between 4600-5200 with Force Scream. My highest force scream crit of all time was 6500 on a recruit geared player while I had Bloodthirst and Beserker up. I can burst wave after wave of players down. Guarded healers no problem solo.

With the above gear setup, while being Carnage spec I can put out 20k burst in seconds if left unchecked. In fact with heals I become an unstoppable monster that makes PT's look like cuddly teddy bears. I just watched that Annihilation Marauder video below, (He's alright, didn't like his occasional backpedaling) but it takes him AGES to kill targets who are standing still where I can burst down fully geared moving targets in seconds.

Not to mention Carnage has so much more utility than Annihilation. Solo, group play, doesn't matter, Carnage all the way.
For the bold, italicized statement, it's even better for Annihilation than Carnage, because of the 12 second refresh, and no minimum range.
I'll stick with Annihilation myself. I find it more fun. And anyone can perform well with a pocket healer watching over them.
Carnage spec marauders get "tilted" easier than Annihilation marauders. All it takes is something like a knockback, stun, or Obfuscate to shut down your Gore window of opportunity or your Ravage. Sure, we can get hit with cleanses for removing our bleeds.

Carnage brings two additional roots and a speedy predation. Annihilation brings an additional snare option, quicker refreshing interrupts(Disruption/Force Charge(basically two interrupts that can be used in melee range)), and a quicker refreshing defensive mechanic with Obfuscate. Oh, and the ability to throw some heals out with Berserk.

I believe that an Annihilation marauder can outlast a Carnage one if equally or closely geared.

Is Carnage better than Annihilation? Not necessarily. Each spec has its strengths and its weaknesses. Annihilation can have its dots cleansed, and its damage is backloaded. It all truly depends on what occupies that space between chair and keyboard though, for determining what's better for that person.

Twin
08.07.2012 , 01:20 PM | #7
I would like to take this moment to express my hesitation towards the statement that Carnage is a 100 times better than Annihilation.

Could someone please provide footage of such a marauder defeating around 100 Annihilation ones?

Thanks,

//Twin
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Bloodkrazed
08.07.2012 , 09:28 PM | #8
i wanna know how to get the Vindicator set as a mara?
everything ive seen Vin is heavy armor
Karver

Megatfx
08.07.2012 , 10:46 PM | #9
You buy the Vindicator armor, then you rip out all the armoring/mods/enhancements and put them in Medium armor gear...

Bloodkrazed
08.07.2012 , 10:53 PM | #10
so just buy adding the mods will give you the shell set bonus?
Karver