Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jasozan's Class Balance Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Jasozan's Class Balance Discussion

Mularky
08.05.2012 , 08:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyda View Post
Roflmao. You have no clue about PvP. Nerfing Rage-Guardian and Juggernauts who use the DPS-Stance? I lold.

One little sage buff? No Heal-Operative/Scoundrel nerfs? Bad Sentinel/Marauder-nerfs?

You have no freaking clue. Please delete this thread.
Sawbones is not OP its just the other healer classes such as combat medic and seer have been nerfed alot. the other healers just need a buff and then they will be on par

TheronFett
08.05.2012 , 08:30 PM | #12
I had a few chuckles...right up to Guardian - Defense: no change. Then I just had to roll my eyes. You list all of these changes, but don't propose that defense stats for tanks actually work?

stephenalandavie
08.05.2012 , 08:31 PM | #13
Class balance right now is fine? lmfao Dear me

8k crits on one class is not balanced whatsoever.

Having aload of defensive abilities on what is supposed to be a DPS class is just ridiculous.

JasozanLok
08.05.2012 , 08:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I had a few chuckles...right up to Guardian - Defense: no change. Then I just had to roll my eyes. You list all of these changes, but don't propose that defense stats for tanks actually work?

If you have suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them- this thread is not for folks to simply say 'you don't know what you're talking about' and move on, but rather to be respectful and list their own ideas- I'll happily accept them if the point is valid.

Ailie
08.05.2012 , 08:35 PM | #15
Really? More nerfs to shadows for what reason? We have hardly any defense in pvp as it is since we rely on shielding so much and yet you want to nerf our self healing which is the only thing we really have to keep us alive?

How about they shift combat technique out of the general skills and make it a skill in the kinetic combat tree, perhaps tie it to kinetic ward, so that only tanks can make use of it? Then they can change it back to what it was originally so that shadows can actually tank again

JasozanLok
08.05.2012 , 08:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Really? More nerfs to shadows for what reason? We have hardly any defense in pvp as it is since we rely on shielding so much and yet you want to nerf our self healing which is the only thing we really have to keep us alive?

How about they shift combat technique out of the general skills and make it a skill in the kinetic combat tree, perhaps tie it to kinetic ward, so that only tanks can make use of it? Then they can change it back to what it was originally so that shadows can actually tank again
I'm basing it primarily on the skillset of those I fight against/alongside with- however, your suggestion would make for quite an interesting change- I'll contemplate a bit on it, I'll most likely add that to the list as well. Good constructive criticism.

OvernightSilver
08.05.2012 , 08:44 PM | #17
I know this is meant for PvP, but in particular, your sage salvation change would drastically affect PvE. Sages were nerfed (correctly) originally because they had to maintain zero effort to maintain their force. Now, it is more of a dual-resource system, life and force spent to maintain healing. However, lowering the cost of Salvation by a quarter (when it already can be cast cheaply with Conveyance buff, which should be always procced when you cast Salv) will push us back towards afk-healing bot casting.

My experience in PvP isn't that I run out of force, its that I die before being able to do anything. A single Marauder can completely eliminate me with his 8 sec interrupts, stasis, and leap. For heal spec sages, I'd propose something like...conveyance buffed Benevolence is instant-cast. Or say, if the bubble its broken, take 15% less damage for 10 seconds (random number I just made up). You can't spam the bubble with its 17sec (with set bonus) lockout, casting it on everyone would drain you of force, and the bubble would have to be burst to have the damage reduction take effect. Just my thoughts as a heal sage.

JasozanLok
08.05.2012 , 08:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OvernightSilver View Post
I know this is meant for PvP, but in particular, your sage salvation change would drastically affect PvE. Sages were nerfed (correctly) originally because they had to maintain zero effort to maintain their force. Now, it is more of a dual-resource system, life and force spent to maintain healing. However, lowering the cost of Salvation by a quarter (when it already can be cast cheaply with Conveyance buff, which should be always procced when you cast Salv) will push us back towards afk-healing bot casting.

My experience in PvP isn't that I run out of force, its that I die before being able to do anything. A single Marauder can completely eliminate me with his 8 sec interrupts, stasis, and leap. For heal spec sages, I'd propose something like...conveyance buffed Benevolence is instant-cast. Or say, if the bubble its broken, take 15% less damage for 10 seconds (random number I just made up). You can't spam the bubble with its 17sec (with set bonus) lockout, casting it on everyone would drain you of force, and the bubble would have to be burst to have the damage reduction take effect. Just my thoughts as a heal sage.
Ah, I believe you are right, this was an oversight on my end, thank you for clearing that up a bit. I'll look into a plausible survivability talent for y'all.

stephenalandavie
08.05.2012 , 08:50 PM | #19
You havent made a single suggestion for changes to my class why is that??.

Seems as its the most complained about and you haven't even mentioned it.

Please tell me how an 8k smash is balanced to other classes big hitting abilities??.

Also my alt class shadow you want to mess up an already bad force management??

Have you even played a shadow? just because your experience is bad against them does not mean its their force regeneration which needs nerfing, heck its already bad as it is.

JasozanLok
08.05.2012 , 08:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
You havent made a single suggestion for changes to my class why is that??.

Seems as its the most complained about and you haven't even mentioned it.

Please tell me how an 8k smash is balanced to other classes big hitting abilities??.
Force Sweep is the equivalent of Smash. The changes in it's damage talents in the trees will decrease this damage that is dealt.