Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Solution to not getting your BH comms when running SM Ops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
A Solution to not getting your BH comms when running SM Ops

Ifev-Arfoir
08.04.2012 , 10:53 PM | #1
So it's happened to me like 4 times now, running a random SM Op for BH comms and not getting them after downing the last boss >.<
But I think I found a solution a guildy of mine shared and I'd like to share it with the rest of the SWTOR community if it has happened to you as well and would like to prevent it from happening again.

Just go to your group finder page, go to the settings tab of it and check the "Match With In-Progress Groups" box and you should get your BH comms at the end for sure. I ran a SM Op today and it worked but it was my 1st time testing it out so I'm not 100% sure it will work every time but it has for my guildy who recommended it. Try to do it before you join your Ops group because you can't change the detail settings when you're in the group.

Hope this helps
╟╣|||||||||φ╟╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
My Chains Are Broken. The Force Shall Free Me.

vojinsa
08.05.2012 , 01:33 PM | #2
good info and i will pass it on to guildies.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

Samoth_Nomad
08.05.2012 , 01:57 PM | #3
nice. I will definitely try this. I've failed to get bh comms on 4 gf op runs as well.

ArchangelLBC
08.06.2012 , 01:49 AM | #4
This only happened to me once, but I filed a ticket and it was eventually rectified. Good to know for preventing this issue in the future though. Good to know.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Chemic_al
08.06.2012 , 03:00 AM | #5
Thanks, but just not interested in the hassle of running these OPS for no reward, putting in tickets for the jumped up cs rep to tell me I didn't queue randomly when I know I did.

Been burnt too many times, but I honestly hope this works for people, it is annoying to say the least.

Screaming_Ziva
08.06.2012 , 08:57 AM | #6
I have this checked for both ops and flashpoints. I got my 5 fastest BH comms ever when I queued and ended up joining a Boarding Party group at the final bosses.

CitizenFry
08.06.2012 , 09:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Thanks, but just not interested in the hassle of running these OPS for no reward, putting in tickets for the jumped up cs rep to tell me I didn't queue randomly when I know I did.
I've noticed that the CS people are much better about this lately, particularly if you list all of the other members of your group in your ticket. I agree that it's still really annoying.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

lynspottery
08.06.2012 , 11:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
I've noticed that the CS people are much better about this lately, particularly if you list all of the other members of your group in your ticket. I agree that it's still really annoying.
I have had this happen once where I actually got a reply that they were providing me with the comms, but the caveat was that they felt I was not qualified for them in the first place.

What????
lynspottery Member of Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

Wonkadude
08.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
Ugg, I should of done this! I was the tank for False Emp, died on the last boss, fell off with malgus! while I was loading into ilum, group finished, rolled on loot and quit on me! no BH comms, no loot, no credit for completing the mission. No response after 2 days

Chemic_al
08.06.2012 , 02:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
I have had this happen once where I actually got a reply that they were providing me with the comms, but the caveat was that they felt I was not qualified for them in the first place.

What????
Oh I listed all the members of the raid, and they said they found the logs, but got nothing, saying I hadn't queued randomly which baffled me somewhat so I also enquired as to how my 3 other guildies who queued with me got their coms and I didn't, but it was ignored.

So yeah CS sucks as far as I can see and the system.