Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is our...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Black_reven
08.12.2012 , 11:40 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolenthar View Post
Ready check on 24 or 40-man raid. I can get that, even though I have been doing 2 years of 24-man raid in a rather hardcore level (world first) without such thing and guess what, it was working. You just need some rules in your raid (which is anyway needed at such a level) and people to not go afk randomly.
However, for 8 man, come on ...

I truly hope developers have better things to do of their time.
also...24?? lol what game is that?? and ive been doing 40mans, and 25 man raids in WoW than they made it to 10mans, so what are you talking about?

Jay_Stocker
08.12.2012 , 03:45 PM | #42
Forgive my ignorance on the matter of developing... i really dont know... but is it REALLY that hard? considering some other things that are pretty basic implementations in games?

Fossman
08.12.2012 , 05:15 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolenthar View Post
Ready check on 24 or 40-man raid. I can get that, even though I have been doing 2 years of 24-man raid in a rather hardcore level (world first) without such thing and guess what, it was working. You just need some rules in your raid (which is anyway needed at such a level) and people to not go afk randomly.
However, for 8 man, come on ...

I truly hope developers have better things to do of their time.
Cuz im sure its gona take the ENTIRE dev team MONTHS to implement a ready check. Comon dude. really?

Black_reven
08.21.2012 , 03:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay_Stocker View Post
Forgive my ignorance on the matter of developing... i really dont know... but is it REALLY that hard? considering some other things that are pretty basic implementations in games?
i can only assume that, they only focused on PvP roles? but than again...only fun Wz is hutt ball for me

Chaqen
08.21.2012 , 04:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Black_reven View Post
also...24?? lol what game is that?? and ive been doing 40mans, and 25 man raids in WoW than they made it to 10mans, so what are you talking about?
24 man raids were eq2, which a lot of people would argue had more challenging raids then that of wow.

Capt_Beers
08.21.2012 , 12:14 PM | #46
I keep it old school and go with the classic role call:

Red Leader checking in, Red Two checking in, etc etc
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Black_reven
08.22.2012 , 12:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
24 man raids were eq2, which a lot of people would argue had more challenging raids then that of wow.
but this is about READY CHECK keep it in line

uniz
08.23.2012 , 10:09 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Black_reven View Post
but this is about READY CHECK keep it in line
he is. he is just pointing out your ignorance in mmos which goes to your credibility or lack of. you are coming across as a person that has only played wow and thinks that all mmos need the tools that wow had. other mmos didn't as they had a player base more skilled and better behaved because of its content.

as a experienced player i find ready checks insulting as if i am not ready then what am i doing? if i need to let the dog out then i say afk need to let the dog out. if i need a bio i say such. i do NOT hold up my raid or group to get a beer. it was how i learned and was taught to play mmos.

it is all about manners and etiquette which your wow mmo didn't teach. people didn't care because of how the lfd system worked. this is sadly why you need a ready check and tells a lot about the people you choose to raid with. if your guild needs a ready check for raids then something is terribly wrong. we educate our guildies and people we group with as we did newbies in other mmos we played. this is one of many means to get both a good guild and player reputation and create a community. getting mad at people for going afk solves nothing but telling them "dude you need to say something in group or raid " does wonders.

it really isn't your fault either. blizzard did a great disservice to the general mmo player base in their greed. the better solution to your situation is education and not a tool to perpetuate the problems blizzard created with the very same tool that helped cause it.