Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best story to start the game with. (Possible Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best story to start the game with. (Possible Spoilers)

JosephPeck
08.04.2012 , 02:06 PM | #1
Hey guys, how's it goin? I got the game back at launch but unfortunatly haven't had the chance to play until now. I'm wondering if I can get everyone's opinion on what the best story to start out with is? I'm not worried much about gameplay, I can adapt to whatever class I choose. I just want a good story for my first 50 levels.

Revan-the-knight
08.04.2012 , 02:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JosephPeck View Post
Hey guys, how's it goin? I got the game back at launch but unfortunatly haven't had the chance to play until now. I'm wondering if I can get everyone's opinion on what the best story to start out with is? I'm not worried much about gameplay, I can adapt to whatever class I choose. I just want a good story for my first 50 levels.
The Agent has one of the best stories in the game, but mediocre companions
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Helig
08.04.2012 , 02:32 PM | #3
Agent is best played last - its storyline has a lot of connections to other ones, a lot of "what the hell?" secrets about prominent characters of other campaigns.

As for a starter story, I think Knight\Warrior and Trooper\BH are excellent "introductory" storylines. Consular\Inquisitor ones add a bit of depth to this experience, and Agent one capitalizes on that. Smuggler story seems to be a thing of its own. A lot of humor, and good adventuring theme, but not as many connections to the overall story arc.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

JosephPeck
08.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #4
So I think I've chosen either Trooper, Bounty Hunter, or Smuggler. I think I'll play each until I get my advanced class and then I'll choose which one I want to be my main. Thank you all for your responses and hopefully I'll see ya in game. Server - Bergeron Colony.

AllanGand
08.04.2012 , 07:51 PM | #5
To be honest to me the knight/warrior stories are the classic kotor story.

MightyVittey
08.06.2012 , 02:04 AM | #6
I would perfer Either Bounty hunter, Smuggler, or Sith Inquisitor... trooper might be like a 2nd/3rd because the storyline is so realistic on how it makes you feel like a trooper, it could be hard for a new player to get into. But i digress, i played the trooper first and liked it (reached 50 and is fully geared in columi), by far my favorite one yet (only level 33) is sith inquis.... but yeah all those classes i said i atleast have a 30 in
Alienware Aurora R3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Maxxed out, 150-200 FPS (without vsync)