Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CE idea

belizar
08.04.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1
at the start they said they would keep the CE vendor updated with cool new items and looking gear so after 7 months we got a reskin of a pet every one got this isnt good enough more so now saying the amount of items they "just" made for cash shop items and now swtor is F2P the chances of this vendor geting updated instead of items going to cash shop are 0

i think CE owners should be offered a life time sub or a heavly discounted sub, why ? because i and like many ppl bought the CE just for the vendor having a unique looking gear in a mmo is somthing speical, with the cash shop many items that were prob planned for the vendor will now be bought with real cash so dont we deserve somthing to compensate our main ingame feature we paid for ?

Fornix
08.04.2012 , 11:09 AM | #2
I don't get why some people keep feel like they're entitled to more, MORE, MOAR!!

You got the ingame rewards, you got the statue, you got the other items with the CE. Yet some keep on still wanting more? You got what you paid for. Let it be at that. And the notion of suddenly deserving a life-time sub is ridiculous.
Member of <Helix>

belizar
08.04.2012 , 11:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
I don't get why some people keep feel like they're entitled to more, MORE, MOAR!!

You got the ingame rewards, you got the statue, you got the other items with the CE. Yet some keep on still wanting more? You got what you paid for. Let it be at that. And the notion of suddenly deserving a life-time sub is ridiculous.

im asking what i paid for and what they promised, in updating the vendor with new items often, is that asking for more than the CE owners is entitled to ? do u think they are going to ever update that vendor now with a cash shop comming out ??

Tic-
08.04.2012 , 11:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by belizar View Post

im asking what i paid for and what they promised, in updating the vendor with new items often, is that asking for more than the CE owners is entitled to ? do u think they are going to ever update that vendor now with a cash shop comming out ??
and you think just the CE purchasers are in that boat?

Elmillia
08.04.2012 , 11:17 AM | #5

You paid for the statue. And I believe you got a sound track too, didn't you?

DDE and Standard players didn't get anything physical with theirs. You got what you paid for.

No one really believed they were going to stock those vendors, did they? Both the DDE and the CE ones.

HoloTweed
08.04.2012 , 11:23 AM | #6

You are entitled to what you paid for.

You are NOT entitled to a lifetime free subscription (value = $15 per month for however long you live or until the servers shut down, whichever comes first) over every other subscriber who, just like you, paid their monthly fee since the game went live.

Out of all the items you got with the CE, figure out what the VALUE (not cost!) of each is over the standard or DDE version of the game, subtract the VALUE of all the things you already have from the cost of your CE version, subtract the cost of the DDE version which was included, and then figure out then what a dollar value for CE shop updates would be.

$5? $10? If that's the case, you might be able to press for ONE free month of paid subscription but honestly.. LIFETIME?

I want some of what you're drinking!

Marmerus
08.04.2012 , 12:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elmillia View Post

DDE and Standard players didn't get anything physical with theirs. You got what you paid for.

No one really believed they were going to stock those vendors, did they? Both the DDE and the CE ones.
Im pretty sure everyone expected that.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Dawren
08.04.2012 , 01:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Elmillia View Post

I really believed they would because they said they would, http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

From that page, "Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

While I am quite happy with the Darth Malgus statue, the soundtrack, the art book/journal, they were not the main reason I decided to opt for the collector's edition of SWTOR. They were certainly added value and I enjoy them but the promise of unique in-game items is why I made that purchase so simply put, no, I did not get what I paid for.
"Beware, Jedi Master, lest through carelessness and inattention you let loose on the galaxy a monster…"

Trolltar
08.04.2012 , 01:20 PM | #9
If, as I suspect, the CE store items are transferred into the cartel coins store than I would like to see CE owners get some sort of additional benefit to replace that one. I don't think a life time subscription is on the same order as the Republic Officer's uniform, but something unique would be nice.
Merkavah:MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

belizar
08.04.2012 , 02:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawren View Post
I really believed they would because they said they would, http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

From that page, "Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

While I am quite happy with the Darth Malgus statue, the soundtrack, the art book/journal, they were not the main reason I decided to opt for the collector's edition of SWTOR. They were certainly added value and I enjoy them but the promise of unique in-game items is why I made that purchase so simply put, no, I did not get what I paid for.

thx for finding the link about the CE vendor