Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advance Class Respec

Ratajack
08.04.2012 , 03:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Generally they don't sweep in with fundemental changes, no.

However equally as general small changes do creep in which add up and add up over time to fundemental changes - the crux of the F2Pcashshop model is that the cashshop has to sell, and to make it sell you have to provide what people will buy.
But they do not have to provide EVERYTHING that people will buy.

Achyllis
08.04.2012 , 03:56 PM | #22
If they can make money with it, then you will see it in game (cash shop) sooner or later. Surely nobody thinks these EA cares about the comments on these boards?
The Harbinger server
Sneakey - Scoundrel healer, refugee from Bloodfin in SWG

Stories completed: Operative, Sorcerer, Scoundrel, Mercenary, Juggernaut, Trooper

Ratajack
08.04.2012 , 04:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OHMYZOD View Post
Hey Majik, here's a revelation for ya, I DONT CARE ABOUT PAST POSTS! Yeah ive read em too.... I still want the feature added. Also really funny reading a comment about how It's immature to want this. LOL, hey pal if youre happy being a lemming and jumping off the same bridge everyone else does then knock yourself out. You ever see Stephen King's Storm of the Century? Give me what I want and I'll go away.
I'm constantly amazed by the attitudes of the "entitled" players on these forums. The ones who feel their desires are more important than the desires of others. When you chose your AC, you were advised that the choice was PERMANENT. Now, you want to play different class, but do not want to do the work required to level it. So, those players who do not want do not want to see an option to change AC's in the game are just supposed to bend over and let you have your way?

I think that the vast majority of posters on this issue are against AC respec. I know that the forums represent a minority, but I'm betting that most players are against players being able to pay for a class change. I know I would not want to have a tank who leveled as a sentinel because DPS was easier, but then at 50 paid to switch to guardian so he could tank, despite never having learned to tank while leveling.

Ratajack
08.04.2012 , 04:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Achyllis View Post
If they can make money with it, then you will see it in game (cash shop) sooner or later. Surely nobody thinks these EA cares about the comments on these boards?
Can anyone name one successful MMO, F2P or subscription, that allows a complete CLASS change? Despite what anyone claims, your AC is your CLASS and to change AC's you would be changing CLASS.

EA may not care too much about what forum posters have to say. I'm betting, though, that EA is smart enough to know that even with the game F2P, there are some things which will drive even F2P people away, and if no one is playing, then no one is spending money in the cash shop. I think EA stands to lose more players and therefore more money in the cash shop by allowing players to change class.

ChazDoit
08.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OHMYZOD View Post
Nuff said. I'll even pay for one with the F2P model coming out. And no on the reroll garbage.... i'm lvl 93 valor.
IF they add It, I'll buy it, as simple as that.

OHMYZOD
08.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #26
Yah because this game is SOOOO complex how could anyone learn to tank/heal/dps after they respec? You guys keep bringing up the word PERMANENT CHOICE at lvl 10. After playing a character to valor lvl 60 plus at the point before they released their patch, I think anyone would figure that their character's performance was PERMANENT. Just because you rerolled doesnt mean someone who isnt interested in Alt-itis has to. Gimme the RESPEC

miserylover
08.04.2012 , 04:18 PM | #27
With games like World of Warcraft offering dual spec and games that follow the F2P w/ cash shop model having respec kits in the shop, I do not see how Bioware/EA cannot offer it eventually. It is an item that will sell.

Ratajack
08.04.2012 , 04:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by miserylover View Post
With games like World of Warcraft offering dual spec and games that follow the F2P w/ cash shop model having respec kits in the shop, I do not see how Bioware/EA cannot offer it eventually. It is an item that will sell.
Dual spec and respeccing is NOT a class change. Can someone name one successful MMO which allows players to change CLASS?

OHMYZOD
08.04.2012 , 04:20 PM | #29
Sounds good misery, lets hope its soon.

randalthorr
08.04.2012 , 04:23 PM | #30
LOL this one again.

Just imagine the number of juggernauts that would have become marauders lol

“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia