Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PVP really that bad?

RobNightfall
08.03.2012 , 10:33 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
This makes me wonder... how sad is the world *without* SWTOR, that you can't find something more entertaining to do with your time than to "add feedback to the devs"...? Go find another game, go have fun with your life.
So trying to improve something we had hoped to enjoy and spent money on is sad? What's sad is that you can't grasp the idea that people want to help improve a product that should be one of the greatest games on the market and doesn't even come close to realizing its potential. I spend less than 30 mins. on the forums a day looking for "signs of improvement," it doesn't take long and I don't have to spend a lot of time engaged in this activity. But I keep finding moronic posts like this one and I'm regretfully coming to the conclusion that it's a lost cause.

To answer you OP, yes it really is THAT bad. It's so godsawful I would rather re-read old books than play this game.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

Saltydogg
08.03.2012 , 10:45 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by REDLION View Post

I know it's not perfect, but damn. It ain't that bad. A lot of us know there are some issues, but most of us are still having fun. I find myself asking, "is there ANYTHING, you do like?" Honestly, I wish most of you would just move on and find something else to do. Clearly you hate the game.

WE GET IT!...so why are you still here?
Explain the PVP aspect of this game? Wait on fleet for one of four warzones to pop. Now thats some hardcore PVP action right there.
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Missandei
08.03.2012 , 11:37 PM | #33

I know it's not perfect, but damn. It ain't that bad. A lot of us know there are some issues, but most of us are still having fun. I find myself asking, "is there ANYTHING, you do like?" Honestly, I wish most of you would just move on and find something else to do. Clearly you hate the game.

The main issue with PvP is that 60-70% of all PuGs are complete r e t a r d s..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Olympic
08.03.2012 , 11:55 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
The main issue with PvP is that its war zones.

LordSkyKnight
08.04.2012 , 12:06 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
No, the main issue is just plain stupid and poor design. TIme and time again these idiots developers keep designing pvp with gear gating and putting all the people together in warzones. All this does is make extremely one sided matches. It's lazy and sloppy design.

Until these idiot developers figure out that pvp should be about skill instead of what crap you are wearing, these games will continue to fail.

Oh and one more thing, the excessive amout of snares and stuns ruins the game as well, nobody likes to be snare/stun locked to death just to respawn and repeat it.

Also keep the retarded "you're bad" comments rolling over the forums when most of you are preteen twits that faceroll your keyboard and think of yourself as a super player. Make sure to put that on your application when trying to get hired at Wal-Mart, I'm sure it will help you out.

Boyana
08.04.2012 , 12:24 AM | #36

I like it.

EDIT: Nvm.

Cymate
08.04.2012 , 12:32 AM | #37
I just got 1000+ expertise and I am still wearing el cheapo armor.
But when I am in a team of players that are aware enough, I die less often than at let say level 48 where I was in slaughter mode with my Sentinel. When you play in a real team the game just flows and strategy is king (queen?).
Yes if have great fun PVP wise.

Disclaimer: SWTOR is great at 78%

Elkirin
08.04.2012 , 12:33 AM | #38
There are a few good posts to this thread BUT I think it is even more simple than the explanations given for the mass of QQ.

Once upon a time saying mind blowingly stupid things got you a slap in the face. Now you can safely sprout any garbage from the safety of an anon avatar and claim your 2 seconds of fame/infamy.

Until people are held responsible for their actions, including forum posts, those same posts can not be given much if any credibility at all. It is very likely future alien historians will attribute the downfall of human civilisation to the loss of the personal responsibility Gene.

Missandei
08.04.2012 , 12:38 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSkyKnight View Post
No, the main issue is just plain stupid and poor design. TIme and time again these idiots developers keep designing pvp with gear gating and putting all the people together in warzones. All this does is make extremely one sided matches. It's lazy and sloppy design.
Yes, but... when i see an equally geared teams and majority of the folks just go mindlessly for zerg-kill-DPS-yay-wow! What design should WZ have to be to make a good players from this people?

Thats why Huttball sucks..- where other Wzs are mostly DPS kill-fest, Huttball requires the real teamwork and STRATEGIC thinking to win. And a lot of people just lack the ability to think.
For how many times ive seen the sniper sat comfortably and shooting people and no DPS trying to kill him..
For how many times ive seen the marked healers comfortably doing their jobs while our dps-ers mindlessly engaging maras, assasins etc...
And to mind that in majority of WZ i find myself the only one who marks the enemy healers..
Marking is so simple - bind the keys and help your team to define the target priority.. but no - most DPS-ers are cant think broader than «zerg! kill! rush! kill! ololol!»
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

kjkdollarbanny
08.04.2012 , 12:41 AM | #40

most players terrible in pvp.
only 4 warzones.
i played like 1500 wzs from release. so its boring.
balance is ok.