Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PVP really that bad?

kronomandar
08.03.2012 , 06:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
They know that... they have said that they didn't expect the demand for PvP and are trying to fix that now.
this is just so much ****
months before SW:TOR was released, RIFT went through an IDENTICAL experience.
are you trying to tell me that Bioware was not watching their most recently launched competitor?
nor is this limited to just RIFT and SW:TOR

IMO, Trion handled RIFT post launch better than Bioware has handled SW:ToR

my only fervent prayer at the moment is that Cryptic gets the importance of PvP for the success of a MMO, and doesnt stuff up Neverwinter. atleast the Foundry will make end game content or the lack of it a non issue for that forthcomming MMO.

Carnaje
08.03.2012 , 06:40 PM | #22
You're comedy dude... I could give a damn about a class.... it's an MMO. The FOTM changes constantly. I plan on rolling on of each so I'm ready for any nerf or buff and can play accordingly. Class means nothing to me... I enjoy the game.
So your the person that likes the FOTM and not balance. Heh, to me that means pvp is that bad and i like the OP class that can face smash you.

I have been getting tired of playing a underpowered class for the last 3 months hoping to be put back into line with Marauders or PT. I am not goin to switch my main because i like the game play of the classes spec even though i have lvled 3 50s for the story line and the fun of leveling. So if i was asked the question if pvp is that bad i would say its ok. I have played better balanced games and worse, there are too many CC's in this game (the resolve system sucks in stun wars), and only having 4 wz's slowly gets old. If you dont like one of these wz it makes it even worse since you can not unselect it from your queue.

The real answer is not on the forums but what you see on the servers. Do you see a fair balance of all the classes and specs? Do you see multiple bugs in the game that are not being fixed? Do you see a growing community?

Carnaje
08.03.2012 , 06:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by kronomandar View Post
this is just so much ****
months before SW:TOR was released, RIFT went through an IDENTICAL experience.
are you trying to tell me that Bioware was not watching their most recently launched competitor?
nor is this limited to just RIFT and SW:TOR

IMO, Trion handled RIFT post launch better than Bioware has handled SW:ToR

my only fervent prayer at the moment is that Cryptic gets the importance of PvP for the success of a MMO, and doesnt stuff up Neverwinter. atleast the Foundry will make end game content or the lack of it a non issue for that forthcomming MMO.
Rift handled the game the best that they could have. It took the best of old games and improved. I loved being able to switch souls at will. I stopped playing to try this game and because i got tired of the eq/wow model. I think we are all waiting for a game maker to make a MMO revolutionary like the old games.

Majspuffen
08.03.2012 , 06:52 PM | #24
The damage is way too high in this game.

Today I saw a pyrotech in full war hero kill a sniper in BM/WH gear during a stun of 4 seconds. The sniper didn't even get a chance to damage him.

Yesterday I tried concealment on my otherwise medicine operative. I found a jedi sage in recruit gear guarding one of the turrets in alderaan alone. I literally killed him in three GCDs. He didn't have a chance to do anything.

The pvp in this game is not good at all at the moment. In fact, I think pvp started to go downhill in 1.2 already, they boosted the damage too much. Healers were too powerful in 1.1 but they overbuffed damage. Now in 1.3, with the changes to relics and the possibility to augment your entire gear, damage is just crazy. Removing burst in itself was a bad move.

I remember way back, before 1.1. Back when dots interrupted taggers in voidstar and alderaan. The damage was much lower back then, yet the games kept going with a good pace anyway. Back in 1.1 pvp was much more strategic and tactical. Today it's just zerg.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

kronomandar
08.03.2012 , 06:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Carnaje View Post
I think we are all waiting for a game maker to make a MMO revolutionary like the old games.
revolutionary like allowing players to create their own dungeon instances that other players can then enjoy?
check out Neverwinter and its Foundry

Necrosov
08.03.2012 , 07:20 PM | #26
PvP combat in swtor has too many abilities that remove control of your character. It's not fun having so many stuns and such long cooldowns on CC breakers. Dying without being able to fight back is just poor game design and not fun. If they decreased the cooldowns on CC breakers and interrupts it would definitely help things imo.

kweassa
08.03.2012 , 08:05 PM | #27
Actually, comparing to most other games, SWTOR PvP is more balanced than most. The variety of game types/choices are still small, but considering its a young game new battlegrounds and warzones and such may be implemented in the future.. and certainly making small, subtle differences between racial selection may add a bit of more flavor.

PT/marauder burst? Don't whine about 'burst' when you've never been hit by an Aim+BU+nuke or BU+Assasisn's Strike attack and literally get one-shotted from full health in CoH/V.

Healers are tough to take out? Ever fought a druid or priest 1vs1 with a melee class in WoW? Stealth classes are too powerful? Don't complain about that when you've never fought a Stalker in CoH/V.

Stunlocks? Try fighting a capable WoW rogue and see how you like to spend at least 8 seconds mezzed before combat, a 6 second stun, another 4 second stun, mezzed again for around 2~3 seconds, and then repeat the whole process every 20 seconds or so. Fat lot of good DR does. Or try looking back the rosy pink days of Warlocks in Burning Crusade and see how they dot dot dot fear fear siphon siphon... and you literally die while running around in circles, total loss of control, not being able to do anything.

Frankly, SWTOR is better balanced and quite well designed, to say the least.

Now, if there's one thing that SWTOR is REALLY BAD in terms of PvP, that is the number of whiners in the forums.
Literally the most surprising thing ever for me, when I first entered this PvP forum, in hopes of seeing tips, strategies, class discussions as any other PvP forum for other games would have... was I couldn't find any. Its literally pages and pages of these horrible, whiney people throwing tantrums and threats and complaints...

The nature of people playing this game are its largest weakness, IMO.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Necrosov
08.03.2012 , 08:07 PM | #28
Keep dreaming.

EvolutionFitness
08.03.2012 , 09:55 PM | #29
Is PVP really that bad?

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Absolutely

vsalcedo
08.03.2012 , 09:58 PM | #30
Like this guy ^^^^

You are who the OP is talking about... nothing but negative comments and yet.... here you are.

Please tell me how you're only here until your sub runs out and then it's off to Guild Wars 2. LOL!
Might be playing both =) I love teh raiding scene here =) BIG robots and lightsabers.
PvP's fun too I kinda miss keep fighting and thats what I mainly do in GW2.