Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

BRKMSN
08.05.2012 , 11:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
So when you kill the enemy ball carrier, as he's trying to score, that's medal farming? No, it's playing the damn objectives. And you get medals for that. If you're not getting any medals you need to really consider what you think it is you're contributing to the match.
Once again. Suppose a mixed group of novice WZ players is playing vs a premade team when a queue pops. It starts as a romp. A couple players quit. You have 6 vs a full premade that happens to be a good team --- how will you kill the ballcarrier if the premade is playing the way you are supposed to?

I totally get what you are saying, but the unfortunate reality is that some people are behind the curve and when the game balance is tilted heavily in favor of the good team in a WZ, the opportunity for medals can disappear rapidly.

I am in no way arguing that bad players should be given handouts for nothing, but that there is a certain time investment where small compensation should be awarded for participating. Enough to encourage players to stick to the grind and learn and get better. The rest of us gain nothing if more and more people lose interest because they feel "it's just not worth it."

This is my opinion. I think it's in the best interest of this game to promote PvP however they can and not to discourage inexperienced players from jumping in.

MOAI
08.05.2012 , 11:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
Once again. Suppose a mixed group of novice WZ players is playing vs a premade team when a queue pops. It starts as a romp. A couple players quit. You have 6 vs a full premade that happens to be a good team --- how will you kill the ballcarrier if the premade is playing the way you are supposed to?

I totally get what you are saying, but the unfortunate reality is that some people are behind the curve and when the game balance is tilted heavily in favor of the good team in a WZ, the opportunity for medals can disappear rapidly.

I am in no way arguing that bad players should be given handouts for nothing, but that there is a certain time investment where small compensation should be awarded for participating. Enough to encourage players to stick to the grind and learn and get better. The rest of us gain nothing if more and more people lose interest because they feel "it's just not worth it."

This is my opinion. I think it's in the best interest of this game to promote PvP however they can and not to discourage inexperienced players from jumping in.
Of course they can because face rolling and stomping the crap out of everyone is what keeps PvPers playing. Maybe they should add a forfeit vote and if everyone on the team agrees then the loosing team gets a medal or no medals, but have it count for the daily and the winning team gets 8 medals.
The Shadowlands - Smurfete, Comicos, Revvi, Aelya, Sumwon, Mottokko, Tophh, and Sayia