Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

SuperomegaOP
08.03.2012 , 06:15 PM | #11
Survival of the fittest. Thought since this is a game players can actually get better if they try, and this game is so dumbed down playing a class such as the marauder is pretty easy even with alot of buttons to press.

pvp has no weekly lock so people can grind gear until they have their mods/enhancements min/max

BRKMSN
08.03.2012 , 07:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
No you really can't. I'm serious. I've fully BM'd 6 characters at level 50 now and I've never, ever, ever not gotten a medal, except one time that I joined *right* as the warzone was ending before I even got out of the spawn. Either I'm a pro (I'm not) or it's just really not that hard.
You can if you stick to the objectives and put the team ahead of personal gain. If you play for medals --- great for you ... but there are some people out there that concentrate on doing what needs to be done for the team to have a chance even when it's futile. Like it or not, it does happen.

Is getting no medals common? Not for good players obviously, but nobody just jumps in and is good vs premade Warlord teams using voice chat. Losing is fine and part of the process, but there is no reason why someone that does accomplish objectives in a WZ should not have at least 1 medal since medals are all important.

Egalatae
08.03.2012 , 07:13 PM | #13
No. You can be god awful and get 10 medals. If you can't even get *ONE* from the very start of the match then you deserve a debuff that prevents you from queuing for 24 hours.
LOL!!!! love it
Egalatae 50 Sage - Mesunas 50 Shadow - Klly 25 Sent - Lenya 22 Guard - Jaza'lynn 33 Scoundrel - Zoy 26 Slinger - Ashardis 22 Van Absolute Craft Wh**e
The Legacy of Aotearoa: Nightmare Lands

Epism
08.03.2012 , 09:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
You can if you stick to the objectives and put the team ahead of personal gain. If you play for medals --- great for you ... but there are some people out there that concentrate on doing what needs to be done for the team to have a chance even when it's futile. Like it or not, it does happen.

Is getting no medals common? Not for good players obviously, but nobody just jumps in and is good vs premade Warlord teams using voice chat. Losing is fine and part of the process, but there is no reason why someone that does accomplish objectives in a WZ should not have at least 1 medal since medals are all important.
The only times I ever see someone get no medals, if they are a back fill for a quitter with 1 min left in the game. Those guys, i think got shafted and should get something for wasting their time in queue.

Ghostuka
08.04.2012 , 04:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
You can be a reasonably decent player and get 0 medals by being in recruit gear against a full war hero team that keeps you stunned and dead the entire game because you're a free kill, and you didn't happen to get a crit of more than 2k against them in the one shot you had per life to do SOMETHING.

Not all failures in life or in games are due to personal badness, sometimes the other team is just that good.
No. A dps in recruit gear can and will hit over 2.5k, no problem. A healer in recruit will heal over 2.5k no problem. Someone who has the skill to taunt can throw one AOE taunt and get the basic guard medal, no problem.

I don't know what you think is happening in WZs, but I can tell you in absolute certainty that what you describe is not happening. And if you are not getting any medals in a WZ, stop thinking about gear and start thinking that you are not a decent player. You need to learn a bit more on how to play your class and look around more often in WZs. Look what your teammates are doing, and look what enemy is doing. If you actually can't get any medals, obviously you need to learn your class a bit more. Stick around your teammates and try to copy what they are doing, that might give you some idea.
Knn - Tards - Gn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

CommunitySupport
08.04.2012 , 07:31 PM | #16
Hello everyone. We have had to remove several posts from this thread for rudeness and inappropriate content. Please remember to be respectful to other community members when posting, regardless of whether or not you agree with their opinions. Furthermore, please keep in mind that real-world political discussions do not belong on the forums, as they are volatile and derail threads. Thank you for your understanding!

dcgregorya
08.04.2012 , 07:54 PM | #17

What are you talking about? Attack the enemy ball carrier - medal. Pass the ball - medal. Defend a point - medal. Attack a point - medal. Heal someone - medal. Taunt enemy to reduce their damage - medal. Guard someone - medal. Kill someone - medal. Plant a bomb - medal. Defuse a bomb - medal. Sticking to the objectives is exactly how you *GET* medals.

BRKMSN
08.04.2012 , 10:14 PM | #18
What are you talking about? Attack the enemy ball carrier - medal. Pass the ball - medal. Defend a point - medal. Attack a point - medal. Heal someone - medal. Taunt enemy to reduce their damage - medal. Guard someone - medal. Kill someone - medal. Plant a bomb - medal. Defuse a bomb - medal. Sticking to the objectives is exactly how you *GET* medals.
You're talking about medal farming. I'm talking about objectives. You can actually do things and rack up objective points and still not get medals. That is what I am saying.

This topic was made so I can get my opinion to the devs about the current setup. A good player on a winning team gets 125 WZ comms +MVP votes. A good player on a losing team gets considerably less. A bad player (starting out) may play the whole game and still get absolutely nothing for it. IMO, this is still TOR and that bad player is still building that character and they should still get some comms, valor, credits and XP at the end for their time invested --- even if it is a small amount. There is no reason for blanks across the board. Let them grind low numbers while they suck, but at least give them a reason to stick to the grind.

TheronFett
08.05.2012 , 01:19 AM | #19
Since my original post was removed thanks to more crybabies, I'll say it again:

No.

There's no need to reward failure. PvP rewards have already been dumbed down enough.

dcgregorya
08.05.2012 , 01:41 AM | #20
You're talking about medal farming. I'm talking about objectives. You can actually do things and rack up objective points and still not get medals. That is what I am saying.

This topic was made so I can get my opinion to the devs about the current setup. A good player on a winning team gets 125 WZ comms +MVP votes. A good player on a losing team gets considerably less. A bad player (starting out) may play the whole game and still get absolutely nothing for it. IMO, this is still TOR and that bad player is still building that character and they should still get some comms, valor, credits and XP at the end for their time invested --- even if it is a small amount. There is no reason for blanks across the board. Let them grind low numbers while they suck, but at least give them a reason to stick to the grind.

So when you kill the enemy ball carrier, as he's trying to score, that's medal farming? No, it's playing the damn objectives. And you get medals for that. If you're not getting any medals you need to really consider what you think it is you're contributing to the match.