Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
08.03.2012 , 12:11 PM | #1
I know they changed some things a couple months ago to keep players from entering warzones just to hide and collect free comms without having actually played in the match. But now, there are genuine effort competitors that either don't have experience, expertise, or the gear to be of much help. They need to earn warzone comms to improve their gear, yet they are always at a risk to not earn a medal during the WZ, even if they achieve certain objectives. A good premade team can usually make quick work of a random grouped team from a queue. Throw in a couple noobs and it's a lock. Sometimes people know they won't get anything and they quit the group and another queued player pops in only to get nothing for wasting his or her time trying to improve a hopeless cause.

There is something seriously still wrong here. I hope the devs find a way to fix this, because it is preventing some players from wanting to play warzones at all. It also reflects on the game in general when you try to have fun, but are sucker punched at the end. If the winning team is getting extra rewards for finishing a warzone early, then it is obvious the match was unbalanced and the losers shouldn't walk away thinking "why even bother ..." simply because they were deprived of XP, WZ Comms, valor, etc. ... for doing their best.

Kawiki's Avatar


Kawiki
08.03.2012 , 12:18 PM | #2
No just No.

Recruit gear is FREE. You can get 5+ medals for doing nothing by just standing on a node or by the door or hiting the ball carrier a few times.

There is absolutly no excuse to not get at least several medals let alone 1.

Siorac's Avatar


Siorac
08.03.2012 , 12:24 PM | #3
Come on, if you just stand there guarding the one turret your team has in Civil War you'll get 4+ medals. If you're a DPS who can taunt then it's a CHALLENGE to get less than 8 medals in any game. Even if the opposition wipes the floor with your team.

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
08.03.2012 , 12:27 PM | #4
No. You can be god awful and get 10 medals. If you can't even get *ONE* from the very start of the match then you deserve a debuff that prevents you from queuing for 24 hours.

Katsuragisama's Avatar


Katsuragisama
08.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
I know they changed some things a couple months ago to keep players from entering warzones just to hide and collect free comms without having actually played in the match. But now, there are genuine effort competitors that either don't have experience, expertise, or the gear to be of much help. They need to earn warzone comms to improve their gear, yet they are always at a risk to not earn a medal during the WZ, even if they achieve certain objectives. A good premade team can usually make quick work of a random grouped team from a queue. Throw in a couple noobs and it's a lock. Sometimes people know they won't get anything and they quit the group and another queued player pops in only to get nothing for wasting his or her time trying to improve a hopeless cause.

There is something seriously still wrong here. I hope the devs find a way to fix this, because it is preventing some players from wanting to play warzones at all. It also reflects on the game in general when you try to have fun, but are sucker punched at the end. If the winning team is getting extra rewards for finishing a warzone early, then it is obvious the match was unbalanced and the losers shouldn't walk away thinking "why even bother ..." simply because they were deprived of XP, WZ Comms, valor, etc. ... for doing their best.
If we're rewarding failure, might as well give the higher ups that screwed up Warhammer and TOR another MMO project while we're at it. O.o
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

NilanVoid's Avatar


NilanVoid
08.03.2012 , 02:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
No. You can be god awful and get 10 medals. If you can't even get *ONE* from the very start of the match then you deserve a debuff that prevents you from queuing for 24 hours.
/signed

Leiralei's Avatar


Leiralei
08.03.2012 , 03:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
No. You can be god awful and get 10 medals. If you can't even get *ONE* from the very start of the match then you deserve a debuff that prevents you from queuing for 24 hours.
You can be a reasonably decent player and get 0 medals by being in recruit gear against a full war hero team that keeps you stunned and dead the entire game because you're a free kill, and you didn't happen to get a crit of more than 2k against them in the one shot you had per life to do SOMETHING.

Not all failures in life or in games are due to personal badness, sometimes the other team is just that good.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
08.03.2012 , 03:59 PM | #8
Actually, if you stick to the objectives, you don't always earn medals in a warzone. If you play just for the medals as your objective, the team is worse for it. That is my argument. All I propose is a better system for rewarding effort. This isn't about elitism or "help, help, I'm being repressed!"

It's stupid, IMO, that you can try and even be awarded objective points for doing the right things, but still get no post match reward in XP, comms, credits and valor.

You guys crack me up --- seems like a few of you are afraid of possible future competeition and would rather discourage new players from keeping warzones popping during the duration of this game. We all look forward to forced mergers of the remaining servers some day and the ensuing 35-45 minute queue times.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
08.03.2012 , 05:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
Actually, if you stick to the objectives, you don't always earn medals in a warzone. If you play just for the medals as your objective, the team is worse for it. That is my argument. All I propose is a better system for rewarding effort. This isn't about elitism or "help, help, I'm being repressed!"

It's stupid, IMO, that you can try and even be awarded objective points for doing the right things, but still get no post match reward in XP, comms, credits and valor.

You guys crack me up --- seems like a few of you are afraid of possible future competeition and would rather discourage new players from keeping warzones popping during the duration of this game. We all look forward to forced mergers of the remaining servers some day and the ensuing 35-45 minute queue times.
I agree with you in principal but like some many before have said, it is really hard to not get ONE medal. Unless of course you're a back-fill from a quitter. I can say with a clear conscience that I have NEVER played a full match and not received at least one medal, although I have been teamed with people who have. It should be so rare as to be a non-issue. It was one thing before mergers where you could conceivably play against the same team 5-10 times in a row, but now?
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
08.03.2012 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
You can be a reasonably decent player and get 0 medals by being in recruit gear against a full war hero team that keeps you stunned and dead the entire game because you're a free kill, and you didn't happen to get a crit of more than 2k against them in the one shot you had per life to do SOMETHING.

Not all failures in life or in games are due to personal badness, sometimes the other team is just that good.
No you really can't. I'm serious. I've fully BM'd 6 characters at level 50 now and I've never, ever, ever not gotten a medal, except one time that I joined *right* as the warzone was ending before I even got out of the spawn. Either I'm a pro (I'm not) or it's just really not that hard.