Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I hate 70% of Sith Players

SelinaK
12.14.2012 , 04:11 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by sgthorbath View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by jockjammer View Post
I have to admit that I have experienced or at least witnessed most of what the OP said on Ebon Hawk as well as on Sanctum prior to the merger. I ask myself if many of the players guilty of such are the same ones I knew on Sanctum with new chars. Anyway,enough about that. One thing I would like to present for your consideration concerning Sith RP that curdled my blood. I was once approached by a sith lord I had never met before who attempted to mind control my character to sleep with him. It was godmod whispered to me that his force persuasion was 100% effective and he then told me OOC this had been played out IC over time and was a well excepted fact on the server. Through later observation I did notice this char seemed to know many others and was well known. Force persuading a person to have sex with you is no different from slipping someone a roofie. It is called ****. When I refused to RP this he threatened me with death of character,insulted me,called me a bad RPer and otherwise ranted. This is an aspect of play that should NEVER be in any MMO. **** is not fun,funny, or good RP. It is in fact a good way to traumatise victims of said crime and abuse. BW never commented on my ticket which is absolutely sickining. Thankfully I have not seen that char for a long time and hopefully there was some disciplinary action taken. I under NO way wish to imply that all or even many Sith RPers are like this. It is just an extreme example of how some twisted players can abuse Sith powers.
Sounds like your typical gorean master on another platform I play. Forcing certain types of RP on a person is wrong and approaching someone thinking they're okay with all aspects of RP is idiotic especially with material that has sexual themes. It would be great if they would let your character have a profile on here so you can lay out a story and some limits to what kind of RPing you will do.
Gorean for me is on the same level as Chav. Ugh.

Anyway, why I hate 90% of Republic players:

They have no concept of cheesy. This gets a lot less worse when you play on The Progenitor (UK & EU) instead of Ebon Hawk (America) though.
[My posts] SGR factsss
Type /cjoin OOC ingame for organising RP (globalchans between servers plees? )
Official RP forum + Events! IC news/gossip Character listing Fiction Art Story/Universe

CelesteAndree
12.19.2012 , 04:48 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Just a tip...

The top 5 most annoying characters to RP with, in the history of RP are...

1) Mutes
2) Stutterers
3) Idiots
4) Hyper naive teens
5) Mutes (yes, they are that annoying)
I think it's all about tastes in this one. Personally, I prefer to RP with people with a sense of humor than with arrogant ones.

CosmicKat
12.21.2012 , 06:45 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by CelesteAndree View Post
I think it's all about tastes in this one. Personally, I prefer to RP with people with a sense of humor than with arrogant ones.
Conversely, RPing with arrogant characters can be great fun. Unless they're arrogant mutes.

drfumblez
12.22.2012 , 10:00 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Just a tip...

The top 5 most annoying characters to RP with, in the history of RP are...

1) Mutes
2) Stutterers
3) Idiots
4) Hyper naive teens
5) Mutes (yes, they are that annoying)
Wow, long time seeing this far after, so hopefully this isn't too long after, but that really seems like a list of Preferences. Well, I haven't RPed in moneths, so I doubt I annoyed you.

Different people, differnces tastes, I suppose.

Edit: Well, someone already commented that. Whelp, there we are then!

Reil
12.26.2012 , 02:21 PM | #75
1. Never sound off when angry. Throw something first. Or kick something inanimate with a lot of rebound potential. If it comes back at you there is the chance to feel empowered when it is deflected. Or you take it in the face, which, if you have a sense of humor, can be it's own reward. Organic life forms are off limits, though. You can also flip over a desk which is probably best tactic yet. By the time you've got everything picked up and your computer monitor back in place you are now calm enough to come here and state your case.

2. Indeed, different RP styles abound. I personally find current RP servers too scripted and theatrical for my taste. The style discourages outside participation which I think lends itself to the misconception that RPers are arrogant. Not that I don't enjoy being audience to some of these "plays" but I prefer more fluid realism in my own RP in the sense that my everyday life isn't scripted so I don't play my character that way either. I am my character regardless of location or circumstance and any random player walking up to me will meet my character in-Role. But it is harder and harder to find the Organic RP style on RP servers anymore so I ultimately moved off Ebon Hawk.

That being said, I never experienced the things you described here while I was on Ebon Hawk, but maybe that is because the Organic rp style never put me at cross purposes with those sorts of people.

3. What the heck is a mute?

Svevin
12.28.2012 , 12:53 PM | #76
Mute means unable to speak. In my early days of role-playing on City of Heroes (may a chorus of mighty baritone angels sing her to eternal sleep), I rolled a sonic blaster who couldn't speak without unleashing a torrent of destruction. Fun on paper, most annoying RP ever for everyone involved.

CosmicKat
12.28.2012 , 05:14 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Svevin View Post
Mute means unable to speak. In my early days of role-playing on City of Heroes (may a chorus of mighty baritone angels sing her to eternal sleep), I rolled a sonic blaster who couldn't speak without unleashing a torrent of destruction. Fun on paper, most annoying RP ever for everyone involved.
See! I'm not the only one!

Mute character = Bad.
Mute character + slow and/or overly verbose typists = Spawn of satan.

Harlequintwo
12.28.2012 , 08:19 PM | #78
I've been a fly on the wall but I've got to talk about the whole Sith act that was in the OP.

The post said that there's a problem with Sith that act over the top evil, abuse their positions as Sith and so on. Well I don't know what server he's on because it's actually a struggle to find those Sith on mine! I've only found one after six months! Playing an Imperial Spy, my character is very respectful of Sith, but all too often I come across those who don't even want to be referred to as 'Lord', let alone saluted to.

Whillwynn
12.28.2012 , 10:06 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
I've been a fly on the wall but I've got to talk about the whole Sith act that was in the OP.

The post said that there's a problem with Sith that act over the top evil, abuse their positions as Sith and so on. Well I don't know what server he's on because it's actually a struggle to find those Sith on mine! I've only found one after six months! Playing an Imperial Spy, my character is very respectful of Sith, but all too often I come across those who don't even want to be referred to as 'Lord', let alone saluted to.
Well, that's a natural result of this RP community trying to neuter Sith RP because they can't stand the idea that their Bounty Hunter or Imp Agent could get ragdolled around at will by a Force Sensitive.

It's simply a fact of the universe. When you have fellows that can MURDER YOU WITH THEIR MIND, they're going to... be pretty dangerous, and you should probably not stir the pot. But nooo. Because Jimmy the Bounty Hunter's player feels his character should be able to solo a Jedi/Sith one-on-one because he can do so in game mechanics. The natural result, of course, is RP that's as bland and uninteresting as fighting trash mobs out in the world.

It's a large part of why walk-up RP can be so bland at times. You're trying not to step on any oversensitive toes, and nobody wants to play the submissive/servile Imperial (which is what most ought to be). Personally, when I play my Imps, I get tons of bites from Sith precisely because I'm not disregarding their power level. And I have fun, they have fun. Then again, I'm not in RP to show how bad my character is, so perhaps there's that.
"People throw away what they could have by insisting on perfection, which they cannot have, and looking for it where they will never find it." - Edith Schaeffer

DoctorJest
01.03.2013 , 10:40 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by TriggerBlade View Post
Um no I havn't declared that all RP must conform to what I want. I havn't in anyway done that... My problem is that these people talk to me as if it's fact that Sith are evil psychopathic monsters that can do whatever the hell they want and the council can't do anything about it, which is simply not true. For the second part. I meant the way they acted. They raged at me like a immature 13 year old kid(Not all are like that, but most I've met) or they raged like a no life fanboy who rages at the slightest smallest thing they don't like.
This is what /ignore is for.

Seriously. Ignore, move on.

You're not going to change anyone. The best you can do is remove their stupidity from your sight.