Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I hate 70% of Sith Players

TriggerBlade
11.21.2012 , 08:42 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Psst. You might want to reread your OP then - because you didn't mention the server.
Yeah you're right, I did forget. I am sorry. If you check now it should be there.
You mad rakghoul?

TriggerBlade
11.21.2012 , 08:49 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
On the respect all Sith bit, I'm going to note on an IC level a Sith, even a lowly apprentice, has every right to expect you to treat him with respect within the empire. this is the SITH EMPIRE. the Sith rule. you might not like sith, but from an IC POV you should show a degree of respect. the empire is not a land of equals after all.

that said, Sith roleplayers need to reckongize this, and not abuse this.
I agree with you on that. There are some people who are stupid about not respecting Sith. Though after the 20th level 10 Sith claiming to be the emperor comes along you tend to just not care. Sith players do come off simply as pest these days. Like always there is an exception, but it's like rats... Some are nice as pets. Others are ridden with viruses and suck to be near.
You mad rakghoul?

TriggerBlade
11.21.2012 , 08:59 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
The lore of the Sith does not work in any real world, even a game one. It's silly and cartoonish and doesn't stand up to logic.

Any organization that thrives on promotion by murder will consume itself rapidly. Darth Bob kills Darth Jane, now Darth Bob is weak, so Darth Suzy kills him, and so on and so on... It can only exist in a short-form medium such as a movie or tv show. The alternate-reality Evil Star Trek universe has the same issue. It just does not work on any logical level in a continuing medium like RP in a persitent game world. To play it in an ongoing world, it has to be played differently from the lore or it will fall apart.
I wish you would be quiet about it being cartoonish. It's really quite annoying and unfathomably incorrect. ALL of the Sith Empires have lasted decades at least and centuries at most. It works like any other civilization. For some reason, little known fact after the 6th movie the Empire was still a major threat that took decades to finish off and even then it was still around to mess with the New Republic. If you actually paid attention to lore you would know that. Even after SWTOR is over, the Sith Empire takes forever to go down till just Sidious is left and he turned the entire Republic into an Empire. So shut up. Sith always survive and they will continue to do so.
You mad rakghoul?

Xienive
11.21.2012 , 09:09 PM | #54
I have played on The Ebon Hawk since launch and have never once encountered anything that happened in the original post. Not saying it didn't happen but it hasn't happened to me.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

drfumblez
11.21.2012 , 10:26 PM | #55
I like to RP my Sith as a really, really slow Sith, like Forrest Gump/Fezzik style, and watch the lulz come right out. Although I don't RP as much anymore since the friends i used to RP with have taken breaks for differing reasons (they're still subbed), my SIth is pretty much unaware he's a Sith most of the time.

In fact, my Sith is generally unaware of his name until my friend's character reminds him of it. It is absolutely so much fun playing him, he's just fantastic.

(Yes, i have an actual explanation for this in-game. )

Anysao
11.22.2012 , 12:30 PM | #56
This is why I don't RP, on either faction-
It's just stupid most of the time. I'm a little sick of Jedi "training exercises" and Sith "public executions".
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

TriggerBlade
11.22.2012 , 02:02 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
I like to RP my Sith as a really, really slow Sith, like Forrest Gump/Fezzik style, and watch the lulz come right out. Although I don't RP as much anymore since the friends i used to RP with have taken breaks for differing reasons (they're still subbed), my SIth is pretty much unaware he's a Sith most of the time.

In fact, my Sith is generally unaware of his name until my friend's character reminds him of it. It is absolutely so much fun playing him, he's just fantastic.

Lol I'd actually like to RP with you. I've wanted to make a character like that XD
You mad rakghoul?

Beltane
11.23.2012 , 01:39 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by TriggerBlade View Post
I agree with you on that. There are some people who are stupid about not respecting Sith. Though after the 20th level 10 Sith claiming to be the emperor comes along you tend to just not care. Sith players do come off simply as pest these days. Like always there is an exception, but it's like rats... Some are nice as pets. Others are ridden with viruses and suck to be near.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, Sith RPers tend to view the high and mighty mouthy BHs/agents the same way. It gets really exhausting having them strut around being superior and then getting angry OOC when there are consequences for their actions. :P

Honestly though, I do not encounter this much, at all. Most people are conscious of the universe they are playing in and behave accordingly, and while there will always be some Sith RPers who strong arm others and try to enforce their will needlessly, most just let bygones be bygones unless said bygones are getting in their face and insulting Sith.
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

Inzuher
11.23.2012 , 02:03 PM | #59
Now I can understand you. some new sith rpers really don't know what i means to be sith, and a lot of experienced rpers don't either to be honest. However, don't judge everyone, since sith are one of the more popular things to rp, you will see more troll and noobs than other classes. I personally rp a sith, and yes I would force choke an alien or none force user who steps too much out of line, but I wouldn't punish them unless I had a good reason to. As you said siths have principles and isn't just mindless murders, many of them are in fact very intelligent beings, who dive into philosophy and other stuff.

I however have to comment on the following:

Quote:
4. The demand of respect due to being level 50 and having the Darth title.
Normally when people demand this I tell them to screw off and if they have a problem with it go cry to their mothers.
I refuse to respect someone just because they got a title and spent time leveling up a character. Most of my characters hate Sith, even the good RPing ones. It's all their personal experiences that cause this. One was horribly wounded, another had her parents killed by a Sith. So yeah you won't get respect from me OOC for your stupid title or IC for the same reason.
I liked your article all the way down to this, because you're simply wrong. Siths are the supreme overlord of the empire! This is not for debate it is simply fact. Therefore, don't decide to rp a none force user on the imperial side if you're not ready to get bossed around by the sith, because that is simply part of the role.

That said there are ofc limits to this. For instance you do not need to respect "Darth Superjedikiller" if his only reason for being a Darth is "That I'm freaking powerful and level 50." Because 1) I don't know what being a sith mean, and 2) He don't know how to rp if he thinks level is = your character's power.

However, if a character who rp a Darth or Lord can give you an IC explanation and referrer to earlier rp in which have earned his rank you better bow your neck, because otherwise this says more about your rp abilities than his.

If you need an example as to what happens when none force users don't bow their heads to a Lord or Darth simply read the "Revan" novel and see what happened to the mercs disrespecting Lord Scourge.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

CosmicKat
11.23.2012 , 02:59 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post

Just a tip...

The top 5 most annoying characters to RP with, in the history of RP are...

1) Mutes
2) Stutterers
3) Idiots
4) Hyper naive teens
5) Mutes (yes, they are that annoying)